Top 10 WRs - 2022 NFL Draft (4-7) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 WRs - 2022 NFL Draft (4-7)

Jameson Williams speed is difficult to describe in person. It’s a different level from different level speed.

If he gets a step on you in any direction - you might as well just go sit down.

Only thing about him is he’s a body catcher that drops passes that hit him right in the chest. A lot of receivers don’t like to extend their arms to make a catch in traffic in front of defenders. He’s one of ‘em.
That is what excites me about Williams.

He changes direction and gets to his top gear so quickly there is no time to react and then he is gone.

That kind of burst and quickness is much more dangerous than pure straight line speed(which he has as well).

Probably dreaming that he gets to #29 but i would rush that pick in should it happen.

40 times are great but you can see the guys who run fast in a workout and you can see the guys who run fast on the field.

We don't really need 40 times to know who plays fast.

Sure it can weed out some guys who are slower than expected but I never get excites about fast 40 times.

I think with Williams injured and tons of WR talent running fast times he will be there when we pick at 29. Pickett and Malik Willis from Liberty will go top 20 with their results yesterday. Ton of OL, Edge, and WR will go early plus DB’s. I think getting Cooper from Dallas plus Armstead and one more OL in FA would be huge for our draft. Fill holes in FA and draft talent is how to build a team.

I would sign Cooper and package DVP and a pick to get another 1st/high 2nd - use an extra 4th we have this year and a 2nd next year since we have a pair of 1sts and 3rds next year In a shallow draft. Our cap space means we can lose Fuller and DVP and create even more space, sign 2-3 OL in FA, and get 3 picks in the first two rounds to get needed taken. Someone like Linderbaum, Williams/Dotson at WR, plus a RB to go with FA oline plus Cooper. Tell me that does not transform us very quickly. 3 new high end linemen, 2 new WR’s, plus help for the running game.

Not sure how much trade value Devante Parker has.

Everyone else knows he is hurt all the time too, not just Fin Fans. ;)

After the combine testing, I must say, I am not a fan of any of the top receivers.

Day 2:
Jalen Tolbert
Skyy Moore

Day 3:
Calvin Austin
Khalil Shakir
Christian Watson
Velus Jones
Bo Melton
Kevin Austin

That's it for my interests in receivers at the Combine. Id wait until day 3 for a wideout in this draft.

After the combine testing, I must say, I am not a fan of any of the top receivers.

Day 2:
Jalen Tolbert
Skyy Moore

Day 3:
Calvin Austin
Khalil Shakir
Christian Watson
Velus Jones
Bo Melton
Kevin Austin

That's it for my interests in receivers at the Combine. Id wait until day 3 for a wideout in this draft.

It's interesting, because going in, the class looked weaker than the last few, but then it was, No, no, it's actually just as good. But, I think the first thought was right. Burks, Wilson, London, and Williams look worth Top 20 picks.

After that you have two or three Top 40 guys - but guys with clear limitations and defined ceilings.

Idk. 2023 looks better. I'd still go heavy OL in FA, and I'd add a FA WR like Cooper or Godwin, but I'd probably take advantage of the athleticism at OL and RB. Lots of good fits on OL that could develop into big-time players in this system. If Miami goes hard at OL in FA, they'd have plenty of time to develop, and Miami could set themselves up for relatively painless transitions in a year or two.

Anyway, agree with your overall point that this WR group isn't particularly exciting.

Don't know if I'm missing something but the kid Christian Watson looks damn fine to me on multiple levels!

As things have progressed I don't know if we could pluck in R2 -- but if hanging around he'd be my pick.

Don't know if I'm missing something but the kid Christian Watson looks damn fine to me on multiple levels!

As things have progressed I don't know if we could pluck in R2 -- but if hanging around he'd be my pick.

He was not a big performer in college, his stats are meh. That's the problem with the group that tested well, they do not have strong experience. Tolbert, Skyy Moore, Calvin Austin and Khalil Shakir have okay stats, just okay. You can draft them on stats but it would be Day 3. Velus Jones, Bo Melton, Christian Watkins and Kevin Austin have poor stats, like UDFA level. They tested well so that bumps them up for me. But I am not excited about any of these receivers.

He was not a big performer in college, his stats are meh. That's the problem with the group that tested well, they do not have strong experience. Tolbert, Skyy Moore, Calvin Austin and Khalil Shakir have okay stats, just okay. You can draft them on stats but it would be Day 3. Velus Jones, Bo Melton, Christian Watkins and Kevin Austin have poor stats, like UDFA level. They tested well so that bumps them up for me. But I am not excited about any of these receivers.
Perhaps a projection -- perhaps more of a projection than others -- but me personally -- very bullish on that kids pro potential and value progression. And we all know mister Grier is a foggy, cracked crystal ball kind of GM so he'll probably find the perennial low flyer! Then again -- have to hope the Nerd has his hands in the draft aggressively and can pluck legit NFL players with significant upside and pro impact.

I agree that almost all the 1st round guys are a little overrated.Burks was hyped to blow up the Combine and he did not do that.Was impressive athletically for his size but did not put on a DK Metcalf type show as many expected.Still a good prospect though, as are the OH ST guys and London.

But i still like several of them, Dotson and Williams in particular as far as guys who could be in range for Miami.

Little disappointed in the 40 time by Justyn Ross but can’t say I’m shocked either. I’m still in on the player however. These two clips are from 2021, love how he moves for a guy his size.

Most years I’d poo poo the investments ATL and NO spent on London/Olave, but it’s such a bad class I think it’s largely irrelevant. Really good players that benefited from a bad class. Dotson at 16 is rich for me even in this class

Little disappointed in the 40 time by Justyn Ross but can’t say I’m shocked either. I’m still in on the player however. These two clips are from 2021, love how he moves for a guy his size.

Ross and Metchie are gonna be good value if they slide much further

Back
Top Bottom