Top 5 quarterbacks in the drafft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 quarterbacks in the drafft

fishypete said:
I'll bet if he was the Dolphins QB and that happened...you'd be asking for his head.

Here's another thought...against the best team he faced in 2005...LSU...this happened;

Louisiana State…Cutler, a senior from Santa Claus, Indiana, acted like Santa Claus for the Tigers, handing LSU good field position on two interceptions and a fumble…Jay hit on 11-of-32 attempts for 113 yards on the night and rushed for negative-20 yards…Backup QB Chris Nickson finished the game under center after Cutler was shaken up…Trailing 7-0 with 5:33 left in the initial quarter, Vanderbilt allowed its first safety since the Georgia game last year when LSU defensive end Chase Pittman sacked Jay Cutler in the end zone. Asked about his injury after the game, Cutler said, "I'm feeling alright. I have some bruises, but it's football."

He'll face that every week....not once a year. 33% comp rating...just like the senior Bowl.
he won't be the same quarterback in the NFL as he was at vanderbilt. neither will vince young.

fishypete said:
I'll bet if he was the Dolphins QB and that happened...you'd be asking for his head.

Here's another thought...against the best team he faced in 2005...LSU...this happened;

Louisiana State…Cutler, a senior from Santa Claus, Indiana, acted like Santa Claus for the Tigers, handing LSU good field position on two interceptions and a fumble…Jay hit on 11-of-32 attempts for 113 yards on the night and rushed for negative-20 yards…Backup QB Chris Nickson finished the game under center after Cutler was shaken up…Trailing 7-0 with 5:33 left in the initial quarter, Vanderbilt allowed its first safety since the Georgia game last year when LSU defensive end Chase Pittman sacked Jay Cutler in the end zone. Asked about his injury after the game, Cutler said, "I'm feeling alright. I have some bruises, but it's football."

He'll face that every week....not once a year. 33% comp rating...just like the senior Bowl.

Pete, you lose all credibility when you post crap like that.

LSU is one of the top teams in the country(built by Saban), and Vanderbilt is one of the worst in their division, and you actually think its credible to post and use the stats from that game to slam the guy.

Are you really ignorant enough to think Matt Leinart behind Vanderbilts O-line and with their receivers would have succeeded against LSU?

He would have been killed.

fishypete said:
Not me Blue....not me. He's going to drop as fast as he rose.

Yep Cutler went from a second round pick to a top 10 pick without even playing a game

Basically because

A: There are more teams that need QB's than QB's available
B: He does have a NFL type arm
C: He can move around the pocket enough
D: Every coach thinks he can make a QB with some talent into a star
E: Media Hype

Thats just my opinion though, Im not a huge fan of his

BlueFin said:
Pete, you lose all credibility when you post crap like that.

LSU is one of the top teams in the country(built by Saban), and Vanderbilt is one of the worst in their division, and you actually think its credible to post and use the stats from that game to slam the guy.

Are you really ignorant enough to think Matt Leinart behind Vanderbilts O-line and with their receivers would have succeeded against LSU?

He would have been killed.

Excuses are easy and plenty...Blue....but when he faced a top team in the country...he stunk...and couldn't finish the game. It's not going to get any easier...in the NFL. I wonder if Saban watched that game...or perhaps he called his former coaches and asked about Cutler...I wonder what they would say? We'll find out in a couple months...if Saban was impressed with Cutler against his old team.

adamprez2003 said:
1. Leinart (because he can start in 2006)
2. Cutler ( Quick release and velocity remind me of Marino, although not much else)
3. Young (Potentially the best but it will take him three to four years to realize his potential, if he ever does)
4. Erik Meyer (potential sleeper steal of the draft, can be had with a 5th)
5. Gradkowski (probably not right for this system, but would be a good backup and maybe a good starter in the right system)

if Cutler had the mindset of Marino I would be all over him. He still could have, but I am not convinced as of lately.

Alex22 said:
Yep Cutler went from a second round pick to a top 10 pick without even playing a game

Basically because

With an emphasis on E. Cutler may very well be a great QB. I dont think anyone will know for sure for at least two years.

finfan54 said:
With an emphasis on E. Cutler may very well be a great QB. I dont think anyone will know for sure for at least two years.

He could turn out to be a player like Favre...or Boller.

cowtowndick said:
A second is too high for Croyle - dude needs to put on 15 pounds, and already has an injury history. I don't care if they were 'freak' injuries or not, they were serious injuries. All of these lists/posts are subjective preferences, but I honestly don't get it with Croyle, or Whitehurst for that matter. If we don't get Cutler in the first (and I'm not sure I advocate trading too much to move up), and Croyle in the second is our next option, I'm more comfortable skipping Croyle and Whitehurst, rolling the dice on someone later in the draft or finding a FA.

"rolling the dice" is what we've been doing since Marino retired. Although I also am not sold on Croyle because he's a "lightweight" and his history of injuries. he and Whitehurst are the ONLY QB prospects I see taking (outside of the big 3). I know Croyle was originally slated to go in round 4. has shot up many draft charts as a legitimate 2nd rounder. I am not sure I buy that but then again..."I" don't count...only Saban does.

Juan Cribbs said:
no scout has said a negative thing about cutler's senior bowl performance. it really wasn't bad. the numbers look bad, but he made good decisions, showed great zip on his passes, good pocket mobility, etc. it was pretty evident he knew what was going on in the offense, unlike guys like hackney, shockley and robinson, who seemed completely lost on several plays.

Juan,

Fishypete HATES Cutler!...Don't waste your time defending him :shakeno: .

Alex22 said:
My list

1- Young
2- Croyle
3- Cutler
4- Leinart
5- Jacobs

This is based on who I think will make the best pros.

Hell Id have put Jacobs ahead of leinart but someone would have thrown a HUGE fit

AH No...we would have just thought that you weren't "rowing with both oars." :goof:

Finfanforever said:
AH No...we would have just thought that you weren't "rowing with both oars." :goof:

:lol:

I just think leinart will be a major bust thats all, so basically Ill put any guy with a lot of potential ahead of him

it's one thing to have an opinion, but it's another just to say you think he'll be a bust with no explanation. so why do you think leinart will be a bust?

Alex22 said:
:lol:

I just think leinart will be a major bust thats all, so basically Ill put any guy with a lot of potential ahead of him

Trust me... he is LIGHTYEARS ahead of any QB on this board as far as being ready to be an NFL QB. Now the Saints could destroy that quickly...we will wait and see...

Alex22 said:

Basically because

yea thats your opinion, most people that watched this kid alot felt he was a first rounder before the season ended.

fishypete said:
Excuses are easy and plenty...Blue....but when he faced a top team in the country...he stunk...and couldn't finish the game. It's not going to get any easier...in the NFL. I wonder if Saban watched that game...or perhaps he called his former coaches and asked about Cutler...I wonder what they would say? We'll find out in a couple months...if Saban was impressed with Cutler against his old team.

Pete, I know your more intelligent than that, please tell me you are, I'm really starting to lose respect for you.

Any quarterback in the country, including Leinart and Young, leading Vanderbilt against LSU would have had a bad day.

Back
Top Bottom