Top 5 quarterbacks in the drafft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 quarterbacks in the drafft

Finfanforever said:
Speedrush we agree 9 out of 10 times but... Croyle over Leinart? Aren't you concerned about injuries??? I personally think the Fins are secretly targeting Croyle in rd 2. No Facts just a hunch.

A second is too high for Croyle - dude needs to put on 15 pounds, and already has an injury history. I don't care if they were 'freak' injuries or not, they were serious injuries. All of these lists/posts are subjective preferences, but I honestly don't get it with Croyle, or Whitehurst for that matter. If we don't get Cutler in the first (and I'm not sure I advocate trading too much to move up), and Croyle in the second is our next option, I'm more comfortable skipping Croyle and Whitehurst, rolling the dice on someone later in the draft or finding a FA.

The most realistic is Croyle in the 2nd or 3rd round. Unless Saban has been taken away by aliens...he isn't going to use his first round pick on a gun slinger...that was outplayed by players who supposingly are the lesser of him.
There's only two QB's in this draft that can be said..."they could be franchise type QB's"....both proved it in college...and both are winners...and unless Mueller drugs Saban...I don't see either Leinart or Young becoming a Dolphin.

The only player I can see Saban trading up, with the use of two first rounds picks, would be the Brick.

1. Leinhart
2. Young
3. Cutler
4. Jacobs
5. Croyle

fishypete said:
The most realistic is Croyle in the 2nd or 3rd round. Unless Saban has been taken away by aliens...he isn't going to use his first round pick on a gun slinger...that was outplayed by players who supposingly are the lesser of him.
no scout has said a negative thing about cutler's senior bowl performance. it really wasn't bad. the numbers look bad, but he made good decisions, showed great zip on his passes, good pocket mobility, etc. it was pretty evident he knew what was going on in the offense, unlike guys like hackney, shockley and robinson, who seemed completely lost on several plays.

Juan Cribbs said:
no scout has said a negative thing about cutler's senior bowl performance. it really wasn't bad. the numbers look bad, but he made good decisions, showed great zip on his passes, good pocket mobility, etc. it was pretty evident he knew what was going on in the offense, unlike guys like hackney, shockley and robinson, who seemed completely lost on several plays.

First...please don't say NO scout has said a negative thing about Cutlers Senior Bowl Performance...not unless you have talked to every scout....scouts work for the teams...not fans. We won't know how teams really feel about Cutler, like every other player...until draft day. If you look at just the draftniks...that sell this stuff to fans...there's a few that weren't impressed with his game. I'll bet at least half the fans weren't impressed! It was his chance to shine well above the rest of the QB's...what did he do? 6 out of 19...if thats good...then perhaps we should be looking for QB's with lousy numbers instead of those that have played well.

fishypete said:
First...please don't say NO scout has said a negative thing about Cutlers Senior Bowl Performance...not unless you have talked to every scout....scouts work for the teams...not fans. We won't know how teams really feel about Cutler, like every other player...until draft day. If you look at just the draftniks...that sell this stuff to fans...there's a few that weren't impressed with his game. I'll bet at least half the fans weren't impressed! It was his chance to shine well above the rest of the QB's...what did he do? 6 out of 19...if thats good...then perhaps we should be looking for QB's with lousy numbers instead of those that have played well.

watch the game again pete, he threw 3 bad balls. should of been bout 15-19.

he only made 2 or 3 bad decisions. his passes that were off were due to his feet not being set. nothing bad about that. just needs some fine tuning. cutler knew he had a good showing, and i haven't heard anything negative about cutler since the game, except from ignorant fans who haven't watched him play elsewhere, or who don't understand the point of the senior bowl.

Juan Cribbs said:
he only made 2 or 3 bad decisions. his passes that were off were due to his feet not being set. nothing bad about that. just needs some fine tuning. cutler knew he had a good showing, and i haven't heard anything negative about cutler since the game, except from ignorant fans who haven't watched him play elsewhere, or who don't understand the point of the senior bowl.

:yeahthat:

Nappy Roots said:
watch the game again pete, he threw 3 bad balls. should of been bout 15-19.

Shoulda..woulda..coulda...still doesn't change anything Nappy. I'll bet every QB that has ever played, wish's ALL his passes were caught. The facts are he had an average practice and he was below average during the game...those that hyped him in the media before hand...can't now say that...they don't want to lose face. He's a kid who has potential...but he's not in the class of the top two kids in this draft and certainly not in a class of a Peyton Manning.

fishypete said:
Shoulda..woulda..coulda...still doesn't change anything Nappy. I'll bet every QB that has ever played, wish's ALL his passes were caught. The facts are he had an average practice and he was below average during the game...those that hyped him in the media before hand...can't now say that...they don't want to lose face. He's a kid who has potential...but he's not in the class of the top two kids in this draft and certainly not in a class of a Peyton Manning.

:lol: ok then. base your opinions on his stats and not that game then. you shouldnt crucify the kid for going 6-19, when he had 5 or 6 drops.

go ahead though, thats you

My list

1- Young
2- Croyle
3- Cutler
4- Leinart
5- Jacobs

This is based on who I think will make the best pros.

Hell Id have put Jacobs ahead of leinart but someone would have thrown a HUGE fit

Nappy Roots said:
:lol: ok then. base your opinions on his stats and not that game then. you shouldnt crucify the kid for going 6-19, when he had 5 or 6 drops.

go ahead though, thats you

I'll bet if he was the Dolphins QB and that happened...you'd be asking for his head.

Here's another thought...against the best team he faced in 2005...LSU...this happened;

Louisiana State…Cutler, a senior from Santa Claus, Indiana, acted like Santa Claus for the Tigers, handing LSU good field position on two interceptions and a fumble…Jay hit on 11-of-32 attempts for 113 yards on the night and rushed for negative-20 yards…Backup QB Chris Nickson finished the game under center after Cutler was shaken up…Trailing 7-0 with 5:33 left in the initial quarter, Vanderbilt allowed its first safety since the Georgia game last year when LSU defensive end Chase Pittman sacked Jay Cutler in the end zone. Asked about his injury after the game, Cutler said, "I'm feeling alright. I have some bruises, but it's football."

He'll face that every week....not once a year. 33% comp rating...just like the senior Bowl.

fishypete said:

The scouts present don't describe his practices as average, only you do Pete.

Draft day is going to kill you isn't it?

BlueFin said:
The scouts present don't describe his practices as average, only you do Pete.

Draft day is going to kill you isn't it?

Not me Blue....not me. He's going to drop as fast as he rose.

Back
Top Bottom