Top 5 RB in this draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB in this draft?

Dynamic RB = Dynamic QB, Taylor will be the best fit.

Best fit ... a bruiser thats what we need. 3rd and 1-2 a guy that can get that up the middle.
Taylor could go pretty high.

I need some help here.
I mean AJ Dillon blows me away. Fast 245-50 lbs with the power to go either up the middle or around.
3-5 rd projection
I got to be missing something because he IMO fits us to a T. What am I missing cause I'd think there would be a lot more excitement in this guy . But maybe all the silence is to our advantage...
What Am I Missing ?????

Best fit ... a bruiser thats what we need. 3rd and 1-2 a guy that can get that up the middle.
Taylor could go pretty high.

I need some help here.
I mean AJ Dillon blows me away. Fast 245-50 lbs with the power to go either up the middle or around.
3-5 rd projection
I got to be missing something because he IMO fits us to a T. What am I missing cause I'd think there would be a lot more excitement in this guy . But maybe all the silence is to our advantage...
What Am I Missing ?????

I've put Dillion into a number of my mock drafts... but usually as the second RB taken. I think he'll slide.

I've put Dillion into a number of my mock drafts... but usually as the second RB taken. I think he'll slide.

Now that makes sense. I haven't seen or even heard much about him being valued as I think he clearly is. Especially for a need we have of an actual power back. Thats why I wondered have I missed something like did he have a hip separation or something lol

I had hoped to land Etienne and then grab Dillion later for a 1-2 punch from God... but the Etienne went back to school.

I guess we'll see which guys fall on draft weekend. I doubt that we'll look for one before the bottom of round two, but everyone can see that the 'Phins will be looking for at least one back... I'd take two.

Derrick Henry;)

Henry 247 lbs 6'3' big $$$$$$$$$ and doubt Titans let him go.
Dillon similar available and rookie price. ( cheap rookie and thus the gamble ). Fix the OL and him and I think we couldn't do much better in the gambling dept. Should take a huge amount of pressure off our QB whoever he is (another plus).

E T M and Dillion...... oh lord still my beating heart.... first OL

Not enough TDs this year, or carries. It's a no for me.
I’ve been having trouble getting on the Swift bandwagon as well. He seems to have everything to it e looking for but never seems to be able to finish, and I haven’t seen many breakaways for someone with such presumed big play ability (though in that regard I haven’t watched a whole lot of UGA football so there may be something I missed). To me he seems like he’s in the mold of Etienne but without the stats to match.

I think Dobbins will be the best back to come out of this draft. He produced upon arrival at Ohio St and really can be effective as a punisher, finisher, and in the passing game. He is easily “every down back” material.
After him, I like:
2. Swift (home run ability, good pass catcher, but needed better stats to justify the hype)
3. Moss (strong production, tough to bring down, wears down defenses, but might be good at everything and not great at any one thing)
4. Edwards-Hellaire (versatile, good vision and burst, would have liked more years of production on tape but low tread on the tires could be viewed as a plus)
5. Taylor (great production, able to carry a heavy work load, can run inside and out, serviceable in pass pro/catching, but the fumbles scare me)
6. Akers (poor man’s Dobbins, physical, might not be the explosive threat at the next level).

In general there are so many really good backs in this draft that you could see these and several others rated all over the place. It’s definitely a buyers marketrot RBs this year.

It's so hard to project which running backs will find NFL success. Right o-line, offensive scheme and usage are so key. You could easily see a day three back landing with the right team and situation out performing a more highly touted back who's trying to run behind a poor o-line.

Dobbins
the bowling ball from LSU
Taylor(needs to work on not fumbling tho
Akers
Swift/Moss
One of these is not like the others. akers will not be much in the league. Check your pro-nole bias at the door.

One of these is not like the others. akers will not be much in the league. Check your pro-nole bias at the door.

Akers suffered alot from a crappy oline at FSU. He is a better back than his numbers would indicate.

That said, I wouldnt draft him higher than the 3rd round at the earliest.

Back
Top Bottom