Top QB Prospects - 2007 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top QB Prospects - 2007 Draft

Who is the best QB Prospect for Miami in '07?

• Total voters
ItsOurTime32 said:
palko led the big east in TD passes for pitt, give him 2-4 years to grow in this system and he could be like tony romo
I find it ironic that Palko was one of the top prospects in college football -- until Dave Wannstedt became his head coach! He does seem like a Drew Brees kind of player.

Tailgun said:
Some additional analysis I found at draftclass.com

Sam Keller (Ariz.State) - Keller burst onto the scene in 2004 when Andrew Walter got hurt, and was on a torrid pace before getting hurt himself in 2005. He's got a big arm, but needs to cut down on unnecessary risks.

Sam Keller Transfered to Nebraska. Unfortunately for him,Zac taylor really emerged this year, and Sam probably won't even play as a 5th year Senior.
He could likely be had pretty easily late in the 08 draft.

A QB I really like is Edwards out of Stanford. He seems to be a leader and I don't know of serious knock on him other than his team really sucks. I kind of veiw him like Jay Cutler, but since he doesn't have a rocket arm and isn't from Santa Clauss , he doesn't get the same hype.

Randy Mueller has been known to always take QB, and I don't see him passing up on Edwards if his avaliable on the 2nd day.

I'd rather take Jamarcus Russell if he declares over all them, but if we're going by the poll, I'll take Brian Brohm.

this poll is ridiculous...the question says which QB is the best prospect for MIAMI which means that there is no way anyone should be voting for Brady Quinn. So the best thing for miami to do in the draft is to trade all of our picks in this years draft for Brady Quinn???? we cant take on in the first so get rid of Quinn and Brohm for that matter. Troy Smith in the second i still dont really like it... I think we take on in the third and the absolute best prospect for a NFL vertical passing team is either Palmer but mainly DREW STANTON. before the year he was projected to go as the second QB taken in the top 10... the only thin that has changed is the team quit on the coach, his best WR got hurt, and his best RB got hurt. DID u see him play against Brady Quinn..AWESOME.. if the two switched teams the beating would have continued in the second half and that is a fact.
Just be openminded when draft season comes and listen and watch for him.. ive watched this guy and hes as mobile behind teh line of scrimmage as anyone in the draft and has confidence, amazing arm, and was a huge leader when ther was no one else including the coach on the Mich st football team

Well, it's likely most of us would prefer Brady Quinn. And it's true that voting for him in a poll for this draft is a bit unrealistic. But everyone else on that list is a possibility, depending on many variables.

And how many people would have said Leinart and Cutler would be out of our reach before the 2006 draft? Yet, where we were in the first round, if we hadn't spent our 2nd rounder on Culpepper, we could have moved up to nab Jay Cutler. The Broncos one spot below us did just that.

I would not take a QB in the first round this year....but if we take a QB I would try to go with Tyler Palko in Round Two.......but the guy I really like is Colt Brennan of Hawaii....he is only a junior though so he will likely be in the 2008 draft.

Chris Leak. I think he suits the Miami offense very nicely.

Roman529 said:
I would not take a QB in the first round this year....but if we take a QB I would try to go with Tyler Palko in Round Two.......but the guy I really like is Colt Brennan of Hawaii....he is only a junior though so he will likely be in the 2008 draft.

I agree. we should stick with the QB's we have now. The fins will get help in the running game next season with the return of RR. Draft some dominating O-line talent, an ILB who can learn from one of the best (Zach Thomas),and in 2008 trade up to get Colt Brennan. I get to go to all the Hawaii home games and have seen this guy in action. He is the real deal!!!:dolphins:

he might, teams don't see palko's strength because he played on pitt
if he falls to round for he is a must pick

hell if he falls to 3rd round we should get him

A couple of people mentioned Colt Brennan. Here's some of what I found:

AOL Sports writes

Colt Brennan, Hawaii: Brennan completed 27 of 40 passes for 406 yards and four touchdowns and ran for 60 yards. Yes, his numbers are skewed by the pass-wacky June Jones offense the Warriors run, but Brennan doesn't pad his stats as much as he could: he sat out the fourth quarter for the sixth time this season. Brennan, a 23-year-old junior, is a legit NFL prospect. Keep in mind that his completion percentage is in the 70s, whereas his predecessor, Timmy Chang, never even got into the 60s, and Brennan has thrown only six interceptions this season, whereas Chang is the NCAA's all-time interception record holder, with 77 in his career. I expect Brennan to return to Hawaii for his senior season, but if he doesn't I think he'll be a first-day pick.

Football's Future writes

Hawaii Quarterback Colt Brennan Intends to Stay

Colt Brennan intends to stay at Hawaii and said it would take an "extraordinary situation" to make him forgo his senior season. However, he left the door open if he were to project as a first-round selection in April, saying, "you'd have to consider (applying for the draft). That doesn't mean I'd go, but you'd have to consider it."

Brennan has received a lot of buzz from draft watchers after Kiper named him his top junior QB. Supporters point to his production at Hawaii, quick release, and intelligence for his high rankings. Critics argue that his unorthodox throwing motion and Hawaii's schedule and offense distort his true potential. Decide for yourself... here is a 4 min highlight video from youtube.

Mel Kiper says

"One player who has moved up to the top of his position is Hawaii's Colt Brennan, the top quarterback in the junior class. He has thrown at least four touchdown passes in eight straight games, and his 43 TD passes (and just seven INT) leads Division I-A by a wide margin. Yes, Brennan is the benefactor of the offense Hawaii runs, but he has been extremely accurate and throws a very catchable ball for his receivers."

Here's a four minute clip of highlights on YouTube.

Ive seen some sites saying Brohm may be available somewhere between 10-15 and Troy Smith might be moving ahead of him. If Brohm is available and we dont draft him I'll go nuts. He is perfect for our system better than either QB we currently have. If he's not available I dont think any of the QBs other than Jamarcus Russell is worth our first rounder. I wouldnt even spend a 2nd on any of them. Kevin Kolb with a 4th rounder would be good and maybe if the coaching staff were willing to waste it a 3rd. He wont be ready for at least two seasons so I dont know if Saban is willing to be that patient

Back
Top Bottom