Top QB Prospects - 2007 Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top QB Prospects - 2007 Draft

Who is the best QB Prospect for Miami in '07?

• Total voters
ANY speculation on whether people will stay or come out is really moot until its the last day for draft eligibility declarations.
To many players say one thing and then go the other way. Most often than not, the first round type guys will come out rather than risk injury or a lackluster stat year.
Unless a guy really sees he can improve and dominate as a senior in ways he couldnt as a junior, or really really wants a championship shot they will be coming out.

Alex44 said:
He says that now. But you never know, if some team says 'We want to make you the #2 pick in the draft' I bet he declares.

I bet he doesn't! I will take his word over your thoughts

I really like Brady Quinn, followed by Brian Brohm (who I think we'd have the best shot at if he comes out, Quinn and Smith will likely go first).

But I'm also intrigued by Palko, Stanton and Palmer. Can the deficiencies in their game be ironed out in the pros? I mean, if you like measurables, you gotta love Jordan Palmer: 6-5, 230 pounds. The kid could be another Ben Roethlesberger in terms of physical presence.

Tailgun said:
I really like Brady Quinn, followed by Brian Brohm (who I think we'd have the best shot at if he comes out, Quinn and Smith will likely go first).

But I'm also intrigued by Palko, Stanton and Palmer. Can the deficiencies in their game be ironed out in the pros? I mean, if you like measurables, you gotta love Jordan Palmer: 6-5, 230 pounds. The kid could be another Ben Roethlesberger in terms of physical presence.
Tyler Palko IMO has potential [key word: potential] to be a solid NFL quarterback. He has great poise and a huge arm, fairly accurate [he will hit the bullseye 7 out of 10 times], and will be a great 2nd day pick. I got a feeling he will have a great combine, so we'll see where he lands.

Dave Wannstedt will pay us back in FULL after putting up with all his mediocre QB's in the past if we draft Tyler Palko. :yes:

I personally would like Stanton in either the 2nd or 3rd round. He has great mobility and no fear. The guy played on kickoff and punt teams when he wasn't a starter. He has great physical tools and I believe with the right coaching he could be very good 3yrs down the road. Has a similar game to s Losman or a Smith.

After today, does anyone still doubt my point that we absolutely must devote a top pick to quarterback this offseason?

There are 5 potential 1st round QB's Brady Quinn, Brian Brohm, JaMarcus Russell, Colt Brennan and Troy Smith. Brohm will almost certainly stay in school, Russell had a great year but has issues over intelligence, Brennan is on the fence over coming out but is ridiculously accurate with a gun, Smith has a cannon, is accurate, but has height and off field issues.

MiaDolphins826 said:
i dont think quarterback is the issue we will address first in the draft, especially with all the money locked up in culpepper, and the draft picks we gave up for him and joey. look towards wr (calvin johnson) or safety/db
The object of the game is to build a winning football team. You don't bypass a talented QB prospect just because you have money invested in veteran QB's who are clearly over rated and who can't produce.
That is ridiculous. If the Phins make a stupid mistake like that they deserve to remain an NFL also ran.

Tailgun said:
After today, does anyone still doubt my point that we absolutely must devote a top pick to quarterback this offseason?

I've been saying it since the 5th week of the season. Yet, some keep talking about LT or WR. Like the previous coaching regimes they seem to forget about the single most important position on a football team.

Back
Top Bottom