Tough Guy | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough Guy

It’s like defensive coordinator’s go into the game scared and still play not to give up the “big” play. Newsflash: Brady is no longer special and the big play from him is rare. Brady will give himself up rather than take a sack. The same coordinator’s overvalue Gronkowski and undervalue Edelman. Double Edelman and put Hogan and Gronk 1 on 1. Bring everyone up close to the LOS and bring extra pressure every down. If you go in afraid of the big play, you’ve already lost. Smack Brady in the mouth a few times and he will be throwing his helmet on the sidelines like the spoiled brat he is.

It's infuriating watching teams sit back and let the Patriots ding and donk them down the field.
That approach stalemates your DL against their OL because they don't have to pass block very long and Brady doesn't get hit.

As you mentioned, Brady's at the stage that he'd rather throw the ball away then get hit.

Jones and Wake are both tougher than hell. Kiko has some crazy mean streak!

This team does lack "Dogs" Reshad was the closest. Next up I would think is Leremy Tunsil.

Doing a great job with the rest of that defense like he did every game in the playoffs, where was this brilliant Rams offense for the entirety of the Super Bowl?

Pretty sure that was far more of a reason they lost as opposed to Suh and that defense.

I guess to some the Rams defense shouldn't have allowed the GOAT to score a single point on offense, because that's what it would have taken to get the W lmfao.

Too bad they couldn’t win the SB entirely on their own like that all time great Seahawks defense did for the overrated Russell Wilson.

I agree that the Rams offense and coaching lost that game. Having said that, the defensive game plan never accounted for or adjusted to Edelman and had no answers for the short stuff all game. Ironically, I believe with a little better game plan, the Rams may very well have been capable of stopping NE from scoring anything more than a few field goals, but that would still have been insurmountable for the Rams offense.

As for Brady being, the GOAT, well, I just don’t buy in to that. I would reserve that for B.B. NE has played just as well and won with QB’s like Matt Cassel and Jimmy G. In fact, it was rumored that B.B. wanted to move on from Brady in favor of Garapalo. Not denying Brady is a good QB, but to me, he will always be overrated. Any NFL QB could have done what Brady did in this SB. I realize most will disagree with me on this, but that’s ok. Still won’t change my mind.

Relative to their position I would say the toughest player on the Dolphins was Frank Gore last year. Not going to help moving forward.

The players of recent years that come to mind are Suh, Landry, Matthews, Incognito.

There was a group of fans that would brag about Tannehill being so tough he pee'd blood.

Gore's play last year is so underated on this site. I never saw the guy get pushed back. They'd crush him and he'd still fall for positive yards. Even the announcers had to comment on his play almost every game.

Hopefully he wont be around much longer.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom