Tough Schedule from here on out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
52,167
Reaction score
6,397
Location
Tampa, FL
NY Jets
at Kansas City
New England
at Denver
Buffalo
Bye Week
at Green Bay
at NY Jets
Baltimore
San Diego
at Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland
at Minnesota
at New England

I mean we still have to play the top rated team in the league twice, the Pats...the Jets twice, the Bills twice...games IN Green Bay and IN Denver (two of the toughest home crowds in the league...and the teams are top shelf as well). We gotta play Chicago and Oakland...San Diego. Man.

Let me put it to you this way. There are 7 teams (other than us)out their that are currently 2-0. We are scheduled to play 5 of those 7 teams a total of 6 times in the next 14 games. And unfortunately for us, one of those 6 teams is NOT the Panther pretenders. Teams like Oakland, Chicago, New England, San Diego, and Denver...all of which have looked very good. I know its a little early in the season but the combined record of the rest of our opponents is 18-10
 

85inthehall

Starter
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
333
Reaction score
0
baltimore has no offense but the best redzone defense in the league right now
san diego beat carolina and huston -- notmuch weight in them
minnesota has no d and should be just playing spolier by that game
if you need new englad last that could be tough
we get winnable games in the middle and end tough:
Sep. 22 @Miami 1:00 PM ET
Sep. 29 @Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET
Oct. 6 Kansas City 4:05 PM ET
BYE WEEK
Oct. 20 Minnesota 1:00 PM ET
Oct. 27 Cleveland 1:00 PM ET
Nov. 3 @San Diego 4:05 PM ET
Nov. 10 Miami 8:30 PM ET
Nov. 17 @Detroit 4:15 PM ET
Nov. 24 Buffalo 1:00 PM ET
Dec. 2 @Oakland 9:00 PM ET
Dec. 8 Denver 4:15 PM ET
Dec. 15 @Chicago 1:00 PM ET
Dec. 22 @New England 8:30 PM ET
Dec. 29 Green Bay 4:15 PM ET
 

ohall

A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.
Joined
Jan 16, 2002
Messages
29,196
Reaction score
706
Age
50
Location
Orlando, Fl.
It's a pretty difficult schedule, but...

... I'm not worried about the Jets or the Bills games, nor the Chiefs game. Ravens and Chargers are not difficult either, especially since they are both home games.

For me the game of the year is going to be the Broncos game, that's going to be one hell of a hard win.

Bears, Raiders, Vikes and Patriots is a brutal 4 game schedule for any team. IMO that's where we learn if we are for real or not.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
NY Jets
at Kansas City
New England
at Denver
Buffalo
Bye Week
at Green Bay
at NY Jets
Baltimore
San Diego
at Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland
at Minnesota
at New England

I mean we still have to play the top rated team in the league twice, the Pats...the Jets twice, the Bills twice...games IN Green Bay and IN Denver (two of the toughest home crowds in the league...and the teams are top shelf as well). We gotta play Chicago and Oakland...San Diego. Man.

Let me put it to you this way. There are 7 teams (other than us)out their that are currently 2-0. We are scheduled to play 5 of those 7 teams a total of 6 times in the next 14 games. And unfortunately for us, one of those 6 teams is NOT the Panther pretenders. Teams like Oakland, Chicago, New England, San Diego, and Denver...all of which have looked very good. I know its a little early in the season but the combined record of the rest of our opponents is 18-10
 

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
21,933
Reaction score
548
Age
17
Location
Maryland
I've thought this schedule was hard all alone..but I agree with Oliver..if we're for real then we beat these teams..They are a good match to prepare us for any post season opponents we may face..these teams also determine weather we make the post season also.
 

Amars

Championship or nothing.
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Location
los angeles
im only worried about the broncos and green bay other then that we shouldn't have a problem with the rest.
 

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
9,325
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Location
S.F. Bay Area
I would put us over Sand Diego, Baltimore and Chicago easy. I don't believe the Bears hype, lucky 2 wins will eventually wear thin. I know its dumb but there is a small part of me that still doesn't want to drink Tom Brady's kool-aid and think they will fall apart but that is probably wishfull thinking on ym part. Denver, Oakland, Green Bay, Minnesota are brutal though.
 

ohall

A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.
Joined
Jan 16, 2002
Messages
29,196
Reaction score
706
Age
50
Location
Orlando, Fl.
I see your point about Greenbay, but...

... it could be worse we could be playing the Pack when the field is frozen. I doubt that will be the case on November the 4th. They are tough to beat any time of the year at home, but I don't think the Pack is a tough a team as everyone originally thought they were going to be.

Oliver...


Originally posted by Samphin
I would put us over Sand Diego, Baltimore and Chicago easy. I don't believe the Bears hype, lucky 2 wins will eventually wear thin. I know its dumb but there is a small part of me that still doesn't want to drink Tom Brady's kool-aid and think they will fall apart but that is probably wishfull thinking on ym part. Denver, Oakland, Green Bay, Minnesota are brutal though.
 

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
9,325
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Location
S.F. Bay Area
As long as Green Bay has Favre, they will be a threat, a meaningful one at that. I agree that they haven't played as well as most predicted them to this season but that doesn't mean they can't kick it up a notch or 2 and become apart of that nfl elite again. Same deal with the Rams, everyone is counting them out when they could easily go 14-2...
 

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Joined
Oct 15, 2001
Messages
12,486
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Location
In the water
Originally posted by ckparrothead
NY Jets
at Kansas City
New England
at Denver
Buffalo
Bye Week
at Green Bay
at NY Jets
Baltimore
San Diego
at Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland
at Minnesota
at New England

I know thats why they play the games ,but I see these teams as penciled in for a sure win against them.....

Kansas City
Buffalo
Baltimore
San Diego
Buffalo
Minnesota
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Re: Re: Tough Schedule from here on out...

Originally posted by WCoastFin


I know thats why they play the games ,but I see these teams as penciled in for a sure win against them.....

Kansas City
Buffalo
Baltimore
San Diego
Buffalo
Minnesota
except that KC and Minny as well as 1 game at Buff are on the road where we historically are weaker. Like I said (in another thread) on paper, this Jets game in Sept in Miami s/b one of our easiers games as opposed to Nov. 24 in Buffalo
 

Danny_Dolphin

Rookie
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
North Carolina
Originally posted by ckparrothead
NY Jets
at Kansas City
New England
at Denver
Buffalo
Bye Week
at Green Bay
at NY Jets
Baltimore
San Diego
at Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland
at Minnesota
at New England

I don't think too many teams can compare their schedule to this...the hardest schedule in the league.

Dang, It's been years since we have played at Arrowhead Stadium, I think the last time we played at KC, they had Steve DeBerg at QB and the runningback with the weird last name.
 

Merman

Super Bowl MVP
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
1
Location
Miami
The toughest part of the schedule IMO

at Kansas City (Arrowhead is a tough place to play)
New England ( nuff said)
at Denver ( Their D seems for real and an away game)
Buffalo ( still a division game)
at Green Bay ( even though we usually win lately, still an away game)
at New York ( away game with our arch nemesis)

I didn't include Sunday's game as its a Sept game at home. (easy for me to say. :rolleyes: ) If we can win 4 of 6 we should be the team to beat. As Chicago and Oakland are at home we just have to sharpen our teeth for the Pats. :p
 

beefalow

Rookie
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Re: Re: Tough Schedule from here on out...

Originally posted by WCoastFin


I know thats why they play the games ,but I see these teams as penciled in for a sure win against them.....

Kansas City
Buffalo
Baltimore
San Diego
Buffalo
Minnesota
Ha,Ha, you might get us once but not twice this ain`t your mothers bills anymore, but keep thinkin that ,I hope the whole team thinks that. Thats when we jump up and bite you, hell, Flappy might even have an unlucky game against the bills( unlike being lucky against us last couple years).and we might even beat you twice!
YOU DO KNOW WE DON`T HAVE ROB JOHNSON ANYMORE don`t you?? Covering MOULDS, PRICE and REED!, SCARY THOUGHT!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom