Toughest games of 2003. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Toughest games of 2003.

Exactly...this schedule isn't great...but a real Superbowl contender should be able to handle it. Look at it this way; we play the NFCEast and AFCSouth. Are there two divisions you'd RATHER play?

Originally posted by MissMeth
Of course we think its bad.. we need it after that Dallas game!

That weekend is like a bye week since we will have 10 days off, it will be a huge advantage to us. The short week leading up to the game doesn't matter since Dallas has to deal with the same thing.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
Your BYE week is very early.

Anbody else think that's a bad thing for the Fins?

The Dolphins "bye week" is habitually early... One way the league seems to always :angry: the Dolphins !!!!! :yell: Marino1983

Originally posted by Marino1983

The Dolphins "bye week" is habitually early... One way the league seems to always :angry: the Dolphins !!!!! :yell: Marino1983

It usually isn't this early though. We usually have it around week 7, which isn't that bad.

Raiders had a bye in week 3 and still made it to the Super Bowl. The only bye week that really counts is the one in December during Wild Card week...

I would say any game in the AFC East will be the toughest. Again the AFC East and West should be the toughest divisions in football, and divisional games are always the hardest fought.

After that, I would circle your game against the Ravens. They have a sick front 7 and will only get better as the season progresses. (For what it's worth, I think that will be the Raiders - Ravens game will be the toughest for us... Nobody in the AFC West can match up with the spread offense.)

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Look at it this way; we play the NFCEast and AFCSouth. Are there two divisions you'd RATHER play?

I wouldn't mind playing in the AFC central. The toughest game would have to be a road game. I'd say 12/21 at Buffalo. They've improved over last year and with the Christmas distractions the Phins may not be ready to travel.

Originally posted by MissMeth
I really believe we will go 12-4.. dont know why just think thats what it is going to be... maybe we will beat the eagles.. but i think we wont go 1 and 1 with the Giants and the Jaguars. We will go 2-0.

Agreed on the Giants and Jax. I think we match up extremely well against the G-men, we could really spank them, and the Jags aren't going to be anything special. I think we take Tenn in Tenn. as well. The AFC East games are going to be our hardest as usual along with Philly at home.

Damn those last 4 games are like a bad episode of Survivor for the Fins! Rough stretch. Someone really wanted the Fins to earn breaking the December swoon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by -81- McMichael
***** = games I think will be our toughest this year.

? = just means it could be toughter than expected.

What's your take? (I know it's early - I'm bored, ok.)

9/7 1:00 Houston
9/14 1:00 @ NY Jets *****
9/21 8:30 Buffalo
9/28 BYE
10/5 1:00 @ NY Giants ?
10/12 1:00 @ Jacksonville
10/19 1:00 New England
10/27 9:00 @ San Diego *****
11/2 1:00 Indianapolis ?
11/9 1:00 @ Tennessee *****
11/16 1:00 Baltimore
11/23 8:30 Washington
11/27 4:05 @ Dallas*
12/7 4:15 @ New Eng. *****
12/15 9:00 Philadelphia ?
12/21 1:00 @ Buffalo *****
12/28 1:00 NY Jets ?

TOUGHEST GAME OF THE YEAR... believe it or not, I think it'll be the game against Buffalo in December... IF Bleedso is still healthy, mind you.

Second toughest game... at Tenn.
at least we play the jets in NY, in september!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
***** = games I think will be our toughest this year.

? = just means it could be toughter than expected.

What's your take? (I know it's early - I'm bored, ok.)

9/7 1:00 Houston
9/14 1:00 @ NY Jets *****
9/21 8:30 Buffalo
9/28 BYE
10/5 1:00 @ NY Giants ?
10/12 1:00 @ Jacksonville
10/19 1:00 New England
10/27 9:00 @ San Diego *****
11/2 1:00 Indianapolis ?
11/9 1:00 @ Tennessee *****
11/16 1:00 Baltimore
11/23 8:30 Washington
11/27 4:05 @ Dallas*
12/7 4:15 @ New Eng. *****
12/15 9:00 Philadelphia ?
12/21 1:00 @ Buffalo *****
12/28 1:00 NY Jets ?

TOUGHEST GAME OF THE YEAR... believe it or not, I think it'll be the game against Buffalo in December... IF Bleedso is still healthy, mind you.

Second toughest game... at Tenn.

The toughest game will be at New England in December, since it is a late afternoon game and the temperature is going to start dropping fast during that game.

Indi....I think there're due. We've beated them recently but is always been close and we've been a little lucky a couple of those. I'm very worry about that game this year.

Originally posted by Sherif

I wouldn't mind playing in the AFC central. The toughest game would have to be a road game. I'd say 12/21 at Buffalo. They've improved over last year and with the Christmas distractions the Phins may not be ready to travel.

You'd rather play the Central than the South?

Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, over the

Titans, Jags, Colts, Texans?

We beat the heck out of a Titans squad that's no better today than they were then. We own the Colts, and the Texans are never going to get David Carr out of the turf. The Jags are the real wild-card. Compare that to the Steelers who are contenders, the Ravens who are contenders, the Browns who are improving, and the Bengals who might actually improve as well. AFC South is the best division we could possibly play in my opinion.

You'd rather play the Central than the South?

Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, over the

Titans, Jags, Colts, Texans?

We beat the heck out of a Titans squad that's no better today than they were then. We own the Colts, and the Texans are never going to get David Carr out of the turf. The Jags are the real wild-card. Compare that to the Steelers who are contenders, the Ravens who are contenders, the Browns who are improving, and the Bengals who might actually improve as well. AFC South is the best division we could possibly play in my opinion.
the tits are a real question mark in my book, even though they haven't done much to improve their team, its essentially the same team that WAS a powerhouse!:confused:

Originally posted by dolfan06
the tits are a real question mark in my book, even though they haven't done much to improve their team, its essentially the same team that WAS a powerhouse!:confused:

But when it was a powerhouse, Eddie George was putting up 4+ yds a carry...he's now in the low 3's. Further, it's also the same team that we beat the crap out of, and that was more recently than their "powerhouse" days. The Jags however are totaly up in the air...lots of movement, and much of it for their betterment.

But when it was a powerhouse, Eddie George was putting up 4+ yds a carry...he's now in the low 3's. Further, it's also the same team that we beat the crap out of, and that was more recently than their "powerhouse" days. The Jags however are totaly up in the air...lots of movement, and much of it for their betterment.
i know we beat em, i just said its almost the same team. seems like they went dormant over night!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom