Trade Back, Then... Trade Back Again... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Back, Then... Trade Back Again...

JRYCRL

Active Roster
Reaction score
...and if you remember to do so, trade back again.

Take highest rated OLs and DLs and LB every other pick. Would trade completely out of first round if we could land 3 2nd round picks and 3 3rd round picks along with maybe a couple 4ths.

Need quality beef above all else. Offensive skill players are a dime a dozen and wasting them on the Parkers and Geisikis of the world is a colossal waste of a pick a we've seen. Protecting a QB and opening holes for RBs is all that matters. Even if Tannehill is the QB. (Not throwing bubble screens and 5 yards "outs" helps too)

Brady has made careers for guys like Edelman and Hogan because they have time to get open while Brady had 3,4,5,6 seconds to check down and pass to whoever eventually gets open. If you don't think the Patriots would've won the division with Tannehill or Darnold or Allen at QB, you would be wrong. Any QB with that much time and the 3rd option on routes is wide open, will put up numbers and points.

What wasn't particularly impressive about the Pats this year is their D, which begs the ? why Flores?

Yea let’s foregoe great talent for more mid round guys because the best coach/QB tandem in the history of the NFL manages to get by alright doing it.

This is an awful idea. We need to stop trying to be the Patriots.

I've advocated traded down almost every draft.

There is always great talent to be had after Miami has made their selections. Trouble is, they have not been good at acquiring said talent (arguably).

And look how well our trade ups have turned out...

The class is so loaded on defense that you absolutely will have a shot at a “special” player at 13.

Yes Miami has lacked depth in the past, something that Chris Grier has aided in building up since 2016 . . . . However this team continues to lack “special/elite” players and the easiest way to get those guys is early in the draft.

I am not saying you can’t trade down, all I am saying is don’t pass up on “special potential” for an extra pick or 2.

You only do this if the talent you wanted is gone and your other prospects would be overvalued at your draft position.
Exactly. BPA is a valid concept, as is the shotgun approach. They are both tools to be used as the particular situation dictates.

I'm not opposed to trading back, but the chances of you getting elite player go down too.

If you are drafting OG, for example, yeah draft three third rounders, and let them fight it out.

If you need a CB, or DE, then u want a first round stud.

None of it matters if your scouting department can't evaluate.

This season more than ever after all the injuries this season from week 1 on. I'm all-in on the trade down trade down. This team not only needs to fill holes it needs youth and depth.

Sign me up and do it.

It just depends. In general I like trading back. But last year was a perfect example of how you don't always want to do that. Usually you have tiers to a draft. Minkah was the only tier 1 pick left in my opinion at the time.

Back
Top Bottom