Trade down options | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down options

kangphin

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Some possible returns for moving down from #51 include..

Jags #56, #127
KC #63, #95

I realize we don't have a crystal ball, but
if Miami doesn't like what's left at #51,
which option would you guys prefer, considering the draft's depth and the teams the phins would be dropping down behind?

Current order
Sea #52
Chi #53
LV #54
Det #55
Jax #56
Nyg #57
Dal #58
Buf #59
Cin #60
Chi #61
Phi #62
KC #63

I have a feeling we'll be leapfrogged for our targets. Embracing the tradedown, while hoping a gem falls

I think there's real potential in this draft to get a starting caliber player in the 4th round. Maybe even later. The talent runs deep.

I'd love to see Grier add a pick. Whether that's trading down from 51 or 84. Obviously, depends on who is available at 51. There are players I wouldn't pass on.

#51 is worth 390 points according to the widely used trade value chart.

If we traded with KC (for instance), we could logically expect to get their pick at 63 (276 points) and their pick at #95 (120 points).

Picking up a couple of extra picks only requires the will to slide down a half of a round or so... and a credible offer.

As a personal preference, I would do this in a heartbeat unless my top-rated player was on the board when we come on the clock... and maybe even then.

If we could get to 6 picks, we'd have a lot better odds of filling multiple holes in the team. There are not a lot of positions where the 51st player in the draft is going to be a sure starter. Honestly, I think it'd almost have to be a RB... most of the other positions won't be providing sure starters at #51.

Last edited:
It all just depends but Iā€™d be very nervous about losing out on a top te by one of those other teamsā€¦ If that is indeed a target for us

It all just depends but Iā€™d be very nervous about losing out on a top te by one of those other teamsā€¦ If that is indeed a target for us
I wonder how many TE's Miami views as good fits? I assume the Dolphins are looking for a complete TE with blocking skills a must.

I wouldn't pass on Kraft or LaPorta.

I would jump on the KC option unless someone fell that I just could not pass on.
Who would be on your "couldn't pass" list?

For me, I think something like this:

Kraft
LaPorta
Washington (not likely)
Gibbs (not likely)
Daward Jones (not likely)
maybe Charbonnet
maybe one of the top corners

Washington would be hard to pass on, Steve Avila could plug right in at LG for me, although I am not sure the team feels the same way about that spot. Dawand Jones might not have the foot quickness that McDaniel normally covets but he would go a long way towards protecting Tua's blind side.That guy gets his hands on you and it is over.Mayer would be the TE I couldn't pass on, I would be confident that I could still get one of LaPorta or Kraft with the KC pick.

Tank Dell would be a silly luxury pick but imagining him with Waddle and Hill makes me grin.

There is no RB except Robinson I would take in R2, there are too many 3rd and 4th rounders who can play in this Draft.

All that being said, Avila is the only guy with much chance of being there at #51 and that is probably 50/50.

It is very likely based on what the board will look like that I will be much happier with the two guys I can get with the KC picks than the one guy I could have at #51 so I would make that trade, in fact, I would probably make that trade right now and live with how it goes.

Washington would be hard to pass on, Steve Avila could plug right in at LG for me, although I am not sure the team feels the same way about that spot. Dawand Jones might not have the foot quickness that McDaniel normally covets but he would go a long way towards protecting Tua's blind side.That guy gets his hands on you and it is over.Mayer would be the TE I couldn't pass on, I would be confident that I could still get one of LaPorta or Kraft with the KC pick.

Tank Dell would be a silly luxury pick but imagining him with Waddle and Hill makes me grin.

There is no RB except Robinson I would take in R2, there are too many 3rd and 4th rounders who can play in this Draft.

All that being said, Avila is the only guy with much chance of being there at #51 and that is probably 50/50.

It is very likely based on what the board will look like that I will be much happier with the two guys I can get with the KC picks than the one guy I could have at #51 so I would make that trade, in fact, I would probably make that trade right now and live with how it goes.
Good list. I forgot about Avila. He's a really good football player.

I think you are right about the running backs. I just think Charbonnet, in particular, would be perfect. But Rodriguez a little later could work. Brisby too.

Good list. I forgot about Avila. He's a really good football player.

I think you are right about the running backs. I just think Charbonnet, in particular, would be perfect. But Rodriguez a little later could work. Brisby too.
Achane, Spears, Charbonnet, and Chase Brown are all great fits and terrific players too.

My personal fave there would be Spears but he is not going to get out of R3 and I am not sure Miami can afford to take an RB that high, that is why I hope they are able to trade down from one of their Day 2 picks and add a little more ammo in the middle of the Draft.

I don't believe I would ever think this, but the way so many other players are coming up in conversation as worthy of the top 50 picks, while Mayer is being talked about less and less in the top 50, I wonder if there is a legitimate chance he falls in this draft, and is there when Miami picks.

Still can't believe he even makes it out of the 1st (Let alone top 10 in the 2nd), but crazier things have happened, and if it happens, I would love to see him in a Dolphins Uniform.

Back
Top Bottom