Trade down options | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down options

I don't believe I would ever think this, but the way so many other players are coming up in conversation as worthy of the top 50 picks, while Mayer is being talked about less and less in the top 50, I wonder if there is a legitimate chance he falls in this draft, and is there when Miami picks.

Still can't believe he even makes it out of the 1st (Let alone top 10 in the 2nd), but crazier things have happened, and if it happens, I would love to see him in a Dolphins Uniform.
IF he slips into the 40's I would be willing to move up for him and all I ever want to do is trade back usually.

Achane, Spears, Charbonnet, and Chase Brown are all great fits and terrific players too.

My personal fave there would be Spears but he is not going to get out of R3 and I am not sure Miami can afford to take an RB that high, that is why I hope they are able to trade down from one of their Day 2 picks and add a little more ammo in the middle of the Draft.
I love Achane. Only weakness is blocking, which is why I'm thinking along the lines of those more complete backs.

But I do think Miami can wait a little. Lots of talented backs.

I would do that one right now.

Another one I like is 51 to KC for 63 and 94. Philly at 62 and 94, Cincy at 60 and 92, and Buff at 59 and 91 are all deals that work on the trade charts that I would happily accept.
Not sure about dropping all the way to 74
I like the other options you suggested better.

Of course, you just never know how the draft will shake out. I was watching NFL Network yesterday and Bucky Brooks predicted that Miami would get Washington at 51.

If Washington is actually available, I like the fit. I know he's not a seam stretcher, but his blocking ability could be huge in the run game.

Normally I would say try to trade 51, 84 and something else like a 3 next year for a 1 next year. But what's the point. Even if we got the extra #1, Grier can't be trusted not to trade it for w walking - talking hospital bed like Chubb. So, failing that, I would like to see us trade down from 51 incrementally, picking up extra fourth and fifth round picks. Most teams can hit on their picks in the first 3 rounds. It's the teams that can hit on picks in rounds 4 through 6 that make the playoffs yearly.

Back
Top Bottom