Trade for Kellen Winslow | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Kellen Winslow

There is literally no reason to get rid of Fasano. He's at that level that he's an asset to the team, but not good enough to get a whole lot in trade.

And Winslow? Well, at least it's better than Tannehill for Romo...
I see what you did there! That's cool, even if you don't realize that I wasn't advocating trading Tannehill for Romo.

Fasano is a very good blocker, but is simply not the threat I would like in the passing game. He is too inconsistent for this pass first offense that we are trying to craft.

Kellen however is a very athletic TE that could excel in the WCO. I mean, let's just compare the 2011 stats:

Winslow had 75 receptions to Fasano's 32. Winslow had 763 receiving yards to Fasano's 451. Granted though Fasano did have 5 touchdowns to Winslow's 2. But the question I will ask you is which production (strictly catching the football) would you rather have in our new offense?

I'm sorry, but Fasano simply fits better into more of a ground & pound style offense that the old regime coveted.

I see what you did there! That's cool, even if you don't realize that I wasn't advocating trading Tannehill for Romo.

Fasano is a very good blocker, but is simply not the threat I would like in the passing game. He is too inconsistent for this pass first offense that we are trying to craft.

Kellen however is a very athletic TE that could excel in the WCO. I mean, let's just compare the 2011 stats:

Winslow had 75 receptions to Fasano's 32. Winslow had 763 receiving yards to Fasano's 451. Granted though Fasano did have 5 touchdowns to Winslow's 2. But the question I will ask you is which production (strictly catching the football) would you rather have in our new offense?

I'm sorry, but Fasano simply fits better into more of a ground & pound style offense that the old regime coveted.
Um. touchdowns > than catches and/or yardage.

Our TEs would be totally useless blocking if we lost Fasano. And I mean totally.

Back
Top Bottom