Trade Madison for TO?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Madison for TO??

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
I'm guessing their contracts are at least comparable....anybody know if this is a real possibility??

Think it would be a good move?

I like the idea.

I don't think it is possible. The cap hits both teams would take would smart badly. I guess they could cancel each other out though. However, that opens up another hole on Defense which we don't need right now. I say we try to get him to re-do his contract and save even more money. I would hate to get stuck with a Jamar Fletcher type corner opposite Surtain. It would seem kind of like treading water.

Originally posted by Samphin
I don't think it is possible. The cap hits both teams would take would smart badly. I guess they could cancel each other out though. However, that opens up another hole on Defense which we don't need right now. I say we try to get him to re-do his contract and save even more money. I would hate to get stuck with a Jamar Fletcher type corner opposite Surtain. It would seem kind of like treading water.
Be nice to score enough points on offense where that might not be a problem......;)

the only drawback I see is that TO is a ball hog and this is Ricky's offense and Chambers is the man as far as our recevers go....would TO be able to become PART of the offense and not THE offense.....???

inFins. That was the other point I was about to make. TO would demand tha ball too often and between being a run oriented offense and having a number one receiver here already, he couldn't handle it.

Plus, he hates lame armed qb's like Jeff Garcia, between Fiedler and Feeley he wouldn't fare much better here.

Note: I don't hate Feeley so don't flame me for that las comment any of you.

Originally posted by Samphin
inFins. That was the other point I was about to make. TO would demand tha ball too often and between being a run oriented offense and having a number one receiver here already, he couldn't handle it.

Plus, he hates lame armed qb's like Jeff Garcia, between Fiedler and Feeley he wouldn't fare much better here.

Note: I don't hate Feeley so don't flame me for that las comment any of you.
It's that same intensity that we NEED on offense though....let him demand the ball and hopefully it would generate some passion from the rest of the O.....It's an iffy situation either way....madison is in a seeming decline and has a lousy attitude anyway....IMO it would just be like trading one problem for another but we could get some scary offense out of the deal...

And for the record, there has been no talk about Feeley having anything less than an NFL caliber arm....the only talk about him having a velocity question was from his college scouting reports and he was recovering from an arm injury at the time....everything seems to have healed fine according to any Eagles fan I have talked to.

No, I didn't want to sign TO when the only cost was his contract. I'm certainly not going to want to overpay AND give up a player.

Yikes San Fran. would have to be desperate. They are looking for youth, they will probably want a #1 and a player at least for TO. I'd rather go for a solid #2 WR (draft or a guy like D.Jackson) and not have the head ache of an a-hole like TO.

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
yes lets not forget he called one of the best QBs in the nfl a bad QB.... how wud he feel here in MIA. I'm not saying we have a bad QB, but we dont have a QB who has proved anything. Lets not forget how much trouble hed stir in the locker room. Skill is great, but a team getting along is more important!
We've had a nice polite team for a long time now....perhaps we need a player to come in and stir the pot every once in awhile....It would keep everybody else on their toes....i mean, they wouldn't want to be called out on their play....it would be something they aren't used to from Wanny right?

Back
Top Bottom