Trade Madison for TO?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Madison for TO??

I think Owens base salary is around 5.3 million this season (or that is what I heard.) Trading/Cutting Madison would save under 2 million, so this trade would be bad for the salary cap. Also, we would need a cornerback, and would have a lot less money to sign one, to go along with our other needs on the offensive line.

Trading Madison for Owens is not a good idea. Owens is a headcase and adding his salary would just make it harder for us to do other things in FA that we need to do. WR is a need, but I think the draft is a better place to get one.

Maybe SF wants to hold on to him for a while and play with his head. You know , a little pay back for all of T.O.,s passed head games!!!!!!

Any Miami fan who actually believes that T.O. would be a good fit in Miami knows nothing about football. He is a cancer, a complainer...and he's not a good fit for the type of team we have. I do not want him in Miami unless he's being covered (and shut down) by Patrick Surtain.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I'm guessing their contracts are at least comparable....anybody know if this is a real possibility??

Think it would be a good move?

I like the idea.

Personally, i would rather trade him for Pace or somebody like that. Not that I wouldn't like to have TO but IMO we'd just be trading headcases with tO being the winner in that dept.
TO makes about 1 mil less than Sam this yr and i'd imagine that they both increase about the same each yr. Sam 's goes til 07 and tO for 2 more yrs I think.

Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74
Any Miami fan who actually believes that T.O. would be a good fit in Miami knows nothing about football.

This from a guy who thought Derrius Thompson was the perfect receiver for our offense.....
Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74
Top 5 recievers (provided we sign Crowell...although I'd like to see Marcus Robinson before Germaine).

-Chris Chambers
-Derrius Thompson
-Germaine Crowell
-James McKnight
-Darnell McDonald

Chambers is not the perfect receiver for our offense. The perfect receiver is 6-2 to 6-3.

Derrius Thompson = 6'2''

before you go accusing someone else of not knowing anything about football....you better make sure you have your own house in order.

:chair:

No doubt he has talent but IMO I don't want him here either.

We don't want him either, but word is SF is only asking for a third or fourth round pick...
At that price he is a steal, locker room cancer or not.

This from a guy who thought Derrius Thompson was the perfect receiver for our offense.....

before you go accusing someone else of not knowing anything about football....you better make sure you have your own house in order.

He wasn't the only person here who thought Thompson would do well. I don't know if many said he was the "perfect receiver for our offense," but I remember a lot of guys were saying that Thompson would have a better season than Chambers.

Okay, I'll say this as somebody who lives in the SF/Oak Bay Area and has had the distinct displeasure of watching Owens the ast few years.

He... is... OVERRATED!!!!!!

The guy is not only a Cancer, as if that wasn't bad enough, he has a case of "alligator arms" and is completely unwilling to take a hit to make a catch.

Speaking of Catching, he also has serious problems with that as well. Owens has droped more easy passes than any WR I have seen ever.

Signing Owens would doom this team to a third consecutive year out of the playoffs as he droped passes left and right and quickly eroded team chemestry.

There is a reason that over 75% of Niner fans want him gone. TO is less popular out here than Feidler is in Miami. And I don't blame them.

If Miami signs TO, I'd still root for my beloved Phins, but after eery game I would have to spend about a half hour vomiting and dryheaving in an effort to get the taste of rooting for that whiney, overrated, alligator armed, brickhanded, blowhard out of my mouth.

I don't want TO even if he came to us for nothing and he played for free.

Ozzy rules!!

Oh, and to further back up the anti-ownes feeling, let me point out that in week 16, the Niners lost Ownes in the second quarter against the NFC East Champion Eagles.

Down 14-7 all of a sudden, Garcia and the Niners offense went berserk and ended up winning the game 31-28.

After losing Owens in those last 2 games, Garcias QB Rating jumped up to 94.1 for that span (His previous Rating was 79.8 prior to Owens Injury)

If anything, the loss of owens helped the niners, the guy has no buisiness being on the gridiron untill he learns to commit to winning, and not just whining.

I can only assume that the people who are pushing for TO only watch the occassional SF or Sportscenter highlights. If you watch the guy regularly you get frutrated with how often he doesn't try or just drops easy passes.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

He wasn't the only person here who thought Thompson would do well. I don't know if many said he was the "perfect receiver for our offense," but I remember a lot of guys were saying that Thompson would have a better season than Chambers.
It's the principal of the thing ice.....I can't stand it when people say, "If you think such-and-such, then you don't know anything about football.....yada yada yada...."

I was just pointing out that everybody makes mistakes, even mightymosdorf......Notice all the other people who disagreed with out getting personal, I didn't argue with them or try and correct them, I let them have their say......this guy wanted to throw an insult in with his reply, and that's why I posted what I did.

In other words.....He started it!

;) :lol:

I'm guessing their contracts are at least comparable....anybody know if this is a real possibility??

Think it would be a good move?

I like the idea.

In a word,,,

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom