Trade Mike White to the Jets? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Mike White to the Jets?

VAFinsfan72

Club Member
Reaction score
The Jets are the only team that thinks he is any good and they are looking to upgrade their backup QB position.

If we trade him we would save $3.5M in cap space with only $1.7M in dead money.

I don't think there is any difference between him and Skylar Thompson so we might as well stick with Thompson as our backup QB, trade Mike White and save $3.5M in cap space.

The Jets are the only team that thinks he is any good and they are looking to upgrade their backup QB position.

I don't think there is any difference between him and Skylar Thompson so we might as well stick with Thompson as our backup QB, trade Mike White and save $3.5M in cap space.
How do you know this "The Jets are the only team that thinks he is any good "

I don't think there would be any savings. A capable proven backup would cost that much or more.

I say we offer to give them White for their 1st, they'll come back appalled that Miami would make such an offer as if they're dumb or something, then counter with nothing more then a 3rd for White!!

"You guys are tough at negotiating, but alright you win, give us the 3rd."
😃

We didn't get to see much of him last season. However, he played pretty well for the Jets in multiple games in 2022. While you declare that there isn't a difference between Mike White and Skylar Thompson, that doesn't mean that the Dolphins coaches and the GM concur.
With all of the teams who relied so heavily on backup QB's last season, I wouldn't rush to cut White.

Last edited:
I think you all have decent points....

My take is that White stinks...and he won't be much better than Thompson...so if we need money we dump White and roll with Thompson and a rookie.

Because if Tua goes we are fked regardless...so you might as well save the money and spend it on another position like Center.

Back
Top Bottom