Trade Mike White to the Jets? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Mike White to the Jets?

I think you all have decent points....

My take is that White stinks...and he won't be much better than Thompson...so if we need money we dump White and roll with Thompson and a rookie.

Because if Tua goes we are fked regardless...so you might as well save the money and spend it on another position like Center.

100%.

White and Thompson are both pretty terrible. I think they need to improve backup position and draft someone.

Dolphins got lucky with Tua staying healthy a full season. I wouldn't roll those dice again.
This is so correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You said a mouthful!! Draft a QB, if one of the studs fall to #21 snag him in the first, it's that important.

McDaniel runs a "gimmick" offense that only works with Tua at QB. The gimmick is having Tua throw the ball in two seconds or less to either Hill or Waddle, and mostly ignoring any other wide-open receiver even if Hill or Waddle are covered. However, this offense only works against defenses that can't and/or won't disrupt the timing of the route, flood the targeted area of the field with defenders, or apply immediate pressure on Tua, especially up the middle.

I say this because if McDaniel wanted to run a "real" NFL style offense, then he would have demanded a better o-line from Grier. Instead, they never made the o-line a priority because McDaniel wants to get rid of the ball quickly, thereby negating the need for a line that can sustain blocks. The original starting line worked okay for a while. However, they didn't plan for injuries (or smart defenses). Also, if McDaniel was a "real" OC with actual playcalling experience, they would have spread the ball around more in the passing game. Far too often the ball was forced to Hill or Waddle when other options were available, or a run would have been the smart play.

IMO, McDaniel, like Gase, liked to call the play that would have the lowest possible odds of success, thinking that he would fool the defense. So, it really doesn't matter who the back-up QB is, because McDaniel's offense only works (against bad teams) with Tua. White and Bridgewater had decent games with their former teams but looked bad in McDaniel's offense behind Grier's o-line. Skylar Thompson looked really good in his preseason debut with a vanilla gameplan, but didn't do as well with McDaniel's playcalling and a lousy o-line.

IOW, as long as McDaniel is calling the plays and Grier is building the o-line, the QB position in Miami is irrelevant.

White has his dream job....he grew up a Dolphins fan and this is where he wants to be...something to keep in mind

Back
Top Bottom