Trade Mike White to the Jets? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Mike White to the Jets?

We didn't get to see much of him last season. However, he played pretty well for the Jets in multiple games in 2022. While you declare that there isn't a difference between Mike White and Skylar Thompson, that doesn't mean that the Dolphins coaches and the GM concur.
With all of the teams who relied so heavily on backup QB's last season, I wouldn't rush to cut White.
At least until he's replaced. How come nobody ever say cut Skyler, he's not good. Draft a QB, camp battle, rook loses to Tua and we have a back up. Gotta get him early or it's not worth it.

At least until he's replaced. How come nobody ever say cut Skyler, he's not good. Draft a QB, camp battle, rook loses to Tua and we have a back up. Gotta get him early or it's not worth it.
Agree with you about Skylar and about looking to draft a QB … not with our first or second round pick though

The Jets are the only team that thinks he is any good and they are looking to upgrade their backup QB position.

If we trade him we would save $3.5M in cap space with only $1.7M in dead money.

I don't think there is any difference between him and Skylar Thompson so we might as well stick with Thompson as our backup QB, trade Mike White and save $3.5M in cap space.
What? Why? Tua is not the most durable QB. Why would we trade our best backup for no reason? Just change for change's sake?

I guess I’m more in on Tua than that … but I’d buy a lottery ticket in rounds 4-7
I'm all in on Tua but I'd like to feel better about the backup QB. Tua is still fragile, he didn't get hurt last season but can he be counted on? Maybe we could find a guy we like on day three, crazy stuff happens, look at Brock Purdy and Tom Brady but it's kind of rare! We have to see hoe FA goes.

What would we hope the Jests would be willing to part with for young Mr. White?
I hear the Jets are allowing the “Mother F***er” whoops, ….I mean Zach Wilson to seek a trade! Ha!

(Actually waiting on one of the Tua haters on here to start a thread about why not try to get Wilson? 🤦) /s.

How about trading Mike White for Mac Jones straight up, if New England was interested?

Which if they are going to take Maye or Daniels, as they should, wouldn’t one expect Mac Jones won’t be in the building.

The move would save us about 725K on the cap between their salaries. It’s not much, but it’s something. Both would be FAs after 2024. Saves them the trouble of having to sign a veteran FA.

Just a random thought but I think it would make sense for both sides.

I would even go so far as giving them a 4th round pick next year for pick 136 (early 5th) this year, as we could really use it.

I don’t care too much for getting Jones because I think he could be good or anything but as a backup I’d feel a little better with someone more skilled than Mike White, who I also don’t really dislike but feel like we don’t really need.

They’d be more inclined to keep Zappe over Jones, one would assume, along with White..

A little bit of cap space, a little bit of immediate draft capital, a little bit of an upgrade at backup QB for us.

For NE you win the draft pick swap, you move on from Mac Jones, you don’t have to spend unnecessary money on FA bridge QB. So you pay 725k more in cap space, for a team with 101M in cap space, it’s irrelevant. The only reasons you might not do it is because in theory your helping a division rival. However I’d see it as a win-win.

Looks like a win-win to me.

Last edited:
How about trading Mike White for Mac Jones straight up, if New England was interested?

Which if they are going to take Maye or Daniels, as they should, wouldn’t one expect Mac Jones won’t be in the building.

The move would save us about 725K on the cap between their salaries. It’s not much, but it’s something. Both would be FAs after 2024. Saves them the trouble of having to sign a veteran FA.

Just a random thought but I think it would make sense for both sides.

I would even go so far as giving them a 4th round pick next year for pick 136 (early 5th) this year, as we could really use it.

I don’t care too much for getting Jones because I think he could be good or anything but as a backup I’d feel a little better with someone more skilled than Mike White, who I also don’t really dislike but feel like we don’t really need.

They’d be more inclined to keep Zappe over Jones, one would assume, along with White..

A little bit of cap space, a little bit of immediate draft capital, a little bit of an upgrade at backup QB for us.

For NE you win the draft pick swap, you move on from Mac Jones, you don’t have to spend unnecessary money on FA bridge QB. So you pay 725k more in cap space, for a team with 101M in cap space, it’s irrelevant. The only reasons you might not do it is because in theory your helping a division rival. However I’d see it as a win-win.

Looks like a win-win to me.
There is a reason NE with terrible QB's did not play Mac Jones

HE SUCKS

Absolutely no way I'd even think of acquiring him until I read your post

There is a reason NE with terrible QB's did not play Mac Jones

HE SUCKS

Absolutely no way I'd even think of acquiring him until I read your post

A little dramatic saying he sucks. He’s a backup caliber QB. It’s a bottom of the roster transaction.

Zach Wilson sucks.

A little dramatic saying he sucks. He’s a backup caliber QB. It’s a bottom of the roster transaction.

Zach Wilson sucks.
If Zack Wilson gets picked up by a small market town and is the backup, I believe he can develop into a quality QB. He entered the draft too early and went to the worst situation a BYU kid could go to.

Back
Top Bottom