Trade possibility? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade possibility?

Yes... this is ONLY speculation... flying monkeys.

I saw a piece from a Giants oriented board that suggested they should be SERIOUSLY interested if the Dolphins make Waddle available. The Giants are thought to be considering taking a WR at #6 (if they don't go QB).

So... I was wondering... if the Giants were to offer that #6 for Waddle... and Bowers (who a lot of you are interested in) is still on the Board, would you do this deal? Swap out our 1B WR for a supposedly NFL ready star TE?

To me, this seems like a way to replicate the Kelce/Hill combination that KC had... as well as a way to minimize some of our upcoming cap difficulties.

I'm not saying 'yes'... only that it might come up if the Giants are looking for immediate help for Jones.

I am curious of the following.

How long does Hill intend to keep playing (I recall a couple years ago that 3-4 years was his timeframe and his contract seems to bear that out a bit in structure).

Would it be better to move Hill and keep Waddle? Especially if the plan to draft a TE?

I've seen Bowers mocked as high as #5 and as low as #18.
I will say this... if we trade up for a Tight End, I will lose my mind. That would be a colossal waste of our already limited resources.
Ya we can't afford to give multiple picks up for really any position. We need contributors on rookie deals. Obviously it is still early but we have 1 guy out of the last two drafts (not trades, guys on a rookie deal) that contributed much at all. That is Achane at one of the cheaper positions to fill. Need to hit a a couple picks even if not studs at least starter level guys.

How long does Hill intend to keep playing (I recall a couple years ago that 3-4 years was his timeframe and his contract seems to bear that out a bit in structure).

Would it be better to move Hill and keep Waddle? Especially if the plan to draft a TE?
I would but, Hill atm is a no go do to cap hits. Would cost 2 mil more cap hit to trade him. Could trade him after June first but that gets tricky.

Interesting idea. But this might be more intriguing. If Miami could get that #6 overall pick, there could be quarterback needy teams ready to deal up with the Dolphins.

Minnesota and Atlanta come to mind. Perhaps Miami could trade down with Minnesota, still get Bowers, and additional draft capital?

Interesting idea. But this might be more intriguing. If Miami could get that #6 overall pick, there could be quarterback needy teams ready to deal up with the Dolphins.

Minnesota and Atlanta come to mind. Perhaps Miami could trade down with Minnesota, still get Bowers, and additional draft capital?
That's an awfully large dice roll for getting rid of Waddle.

Hammering Grier for whiffing on draft picks and then suggesting the Phins purge themselves of his two shining first round accomplishments ( Wilkins and Waddle) for some pie in the sky draft picks (maybe?) is just so supremely idiotic and absolutely endemic to this here messageboard. Cap is going straight to the moon, KEEP YOUR HOMEGROWN TALENT!!!!!!!! And people wanting to trade the most electric player this team has ever had in the Cheetah (as suggested above)..... ? I am just so eternally grateful to know that no one with a log in to Finheaven will ever get near an NFL front office

I've seen Bowers mocked as high as #5 and as low as #18.
I will say this... if we trade up for a Tight End, I will lose my mind. That would be a colossal waste of our already limited resources.
I'm not sure I'd trade up for anyone when you consider our limited number of picks

Moving Hill would be nearly impossible... it would cause a HUGE dead cap issue. The only way we'd do this is if we were tearing down.

It's interesting. I floated the idea around a few weeks ago, Miami should consider moving forward without either Hill or Waddle.

Here we are lol.

I personally am not trading Waddle foe Bowers.

Buuuuuttttt.

If Joe Alt is there at 6? Well, that's a diferrent story.

Alt
JPJ at 21
If either Haynes or Beebe fall to 55

I might just cry tears of endless joy with that outcome lol

Yeah, let’s trade a proven playmaker for a potential playmaker that won’t be as explosive as the one we already have.

Seems legit.

7F0D484B-B19F-4720-BDA0-6F3978958DCD.gif

I don’t think Waddle nets a 6th or even a top 15. Anyone giving up a first for him would be a late first (see Chiefs). Probably looking at a 2nd and a 5th. Anything more and the Dolphins are including their own future picks to sweeten the deal. Something pushed into the 2025 draft.

Ya we can't afford to give multiple picks up for really any position. We need contributors on rookie deals. Obviously it is still early but we have 1 guy out of the last two drafts (not trades, guys on a rookie deal) that contributed much at all. That is Achane at one of the cheaper positions to fill. Need to hit a a couple picks even if not studs at least starter level guys.
This. Plus, McDaniel has shown that he doesn't use the TE. Gesicki is a good example. While he's a terrible blocker and can't get YAC, he is a good possession receiver who makes some nice catches and moves the sticks. He did well under Flores. McDaniel however, wanted him to block and pretty much refused to use him as a receiver. Yes, I remember Gesicki making a huge miss last year, I believe in the playoff game, but maybe it was because he was rusty and barely used. This past year, Smythe had just 43 targets total in the regular season. I know McDaniel came from SF and TE Kittle was a weapon in SF, but that was probably because Shanahan was calling the plays and not McDaniel.

Back
Top Bottom