Trade Preston Williams? What would we get in return? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Preston Williams? What would we get in return?

Williams wasn’t worth a draft pick coming out of college and he’s hasn’t proven to be worth a draft pick after three years in the league. He will probably get picked up once the Dolphins cut him but I don’t see any team giving up a draft pick for a player who has spent more time on IR than on the playing field the past three years.

Been injured in both his seasons he's played. And with him now publicly airing his displeasure at not getting reps i'd say he's just dropped down another position on the depth chart. It's probably deliberate to himself cut or traded. His value is minimal right now.

Bears need receivers and open to trading Jenkins.

Miami could stash Jenkins on the IR if he isn’t ready to go.

Good GMs set teams up with future options.

It appears Preston Williams wants out, or is not in future plans. There are alot of mouths to feed. Can we trade him, and what would we get in return?

We wouldn't get $5 and a ham sandwich. If Grier conned some team into giving up a 7th for him, that'd be a YUGE win.

High level sports are a meritocracy. If he gets open and runs the right routes, he will get opportunities. One or both aren’t happening.

My guess is he sees the WR room is stacked and that we aren’t going to run a jump ball offense, so he wants to expedite matters to find another team.

I think it depends who’s making the trade. A team that’s desperate for a WR (possibly Dallas), we might be able to squeeze a 5th. A team that’s not as desperate, a 7th if anything
I wonder if miami would be able to trade him for an o lineman on another team

I think he just realized how far behind Ezukanma and Sanders he’s falling, and he’s grasping for a lifeline.

I wouldn’t waste any time. Cut him today. He’s what, WR8? Yeah, not worth the distraction bro. Time to find a model agency or go back to school.

Back
Top Bottom