Trade Rumor | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Rumor

PhinFan0202 said:
While on the road going back to Miami, i turned on ESPNews on Satellite radio. I herd the broadcaster talking about a trade Rumor that would involve Phillip Rivers and a second round draft pick going to San Fran for the #1 Draft pick so that they can draft Braylon Edwards. The front office of the Chargers was all for it, but Shottenheimer wants to keep Rivers. If the trade dosen't happen with the 49er's, the Phins could be the next possibility. Saban wants a second round draft pick, and in my opinion Rivers has just as much potential if not more than Rodgers or Smith. What are the odds that this trade could happen?

doubt we will ever trade for rivers...but if the 49ers do it and get a 2nd which would give them 2 2nds would help them tremendously

PhinFan0202 said:
A QB that has a year of experience, and a second rounder to get more talent like a runningback. I think thats pretty good considering Saban is building the team for the long run. Who do you suggest the dolphins pick at #2?

I would do it.....Rivers is awesome

that would be awesome, i loved rivers last year.

What are you guys talking about? Rivers went 5 of 8 for 33 yards last year.

What experiance? How can he be "awsome" and what did you love about a QB that sat on the bench? The only thing he learned was the system SD runs, and he'd have to start all over with the Fins. He hasn't gained any experiance on reading defenses when he wasn't behind center.

I would trade for him because of his potential and upside, but other than that he didn't show anything last year but how to hold a clipboard.

I've heard that the three QB's that came out last year were all more prepared than these two.

With QBs its not allways that the #1 choosen is the better one. Look at last Year when they battled for Manning and Rivers and what happend.... The 3rd one taken, Big Ben, performed as best. Look at Brady when he was drafted... Still a lot of Teams bit cause they pased up on Marino.... Is allways luck and a good Report that brings in the real good QBs.

I'm not sure about this one. I'm guessing we can do better, if we are trying to stockpile picks.

Steve

PhinFan0202 said:
While on the road going back to Miami, i turned on ESPNews on Satellite radio. I herd the broadcaster talking about a trade Rumor that would involve Phillip Rivers and a second round draft pick going to San Fran for the #1 Draft pick so that they can draft Braylon Edwards. The front office of the Chargers was all for it, but Shottenheimer wants to keep Rivers. If the trade dosen't happen with the 49er's, the Phins could be the next possibility. Saban wants a second round draft pick, and in my opinion Rivers has just as much potential if not more than Rodgers or Smith. What are the odds that this trade could happen?

OLD NEWS

PhinFan0202 said:
Satellite Radio kicks *** my freinds. Rivers is better than both of the top Qbs in the draft, and we would be getting a second round pick.

Better? By what standard? Both of these QB's are more mobile than Rivers, Smiths arm is just as strong and Rodgers is even stronger than Rivers.

All three are good prospects.

none of the mocks or reports i've read have the 49ers taking edwards, SD could snatch him up at #2 and pay him #2 $$ as opposed to #1 $$. hey, i know it doesnt sound like much, but i expect SD front office has discussed this scenario...but you never know i guess.

I like Rivers and it'd be great to have a 2nd rounder but... would we be willing to lose the highest pick we've had in a long time for it? I know Rivers showed a lot of promise but we'd be dropping a lot from #2 overall to whatever pick the Chargers have (late 50's - early 60's overall). Not to mention the front office might not even see quarterback as our biggest need. I don't like this trade.

Consider that our OL coach has watched Rivers for a year. I bet Saban has a very good idea of how good Rivers is and will make and informed decision on the issue.

Here is the bottom line, if you can get a franchise QB be it Smith, Rogers or Rivers you get him. End of story. The only question, and the one that Saban gets paid the big bucks to make, are any of those three that good.

Personally, I thought Rivers was amazing in College, but I'm just a fan.

AustroFin said:
Rivers has Potential no doubt. Trade couldhelp us but i dont think it will happen. Ah yea possible we can smash Surtain into the Trade to get Chargers 1st Round Pick too :D

As much as the Chargers made the Gmen pay for Manning, do you guys really want to give up our #2 for Rivers & a 2nd rounder? Not me, the ideal scenario to me is to get get the #12 over all pick & Rivers for our #2. I see it this way because the Gmen gave up the following for Manning:

#12 1st round pick(2005)
#4 1st round pick(2004)
A 3rd & 5th round pick(cant remember what year these picks were given up in)

So to me, just to get close to equal value, I dont do the trade unless they give up their higher #1 & Rivers. If Surtain is involved, then they give up a 2nd round pick also.

Gunner4u65 said:
As much as the Chargers made the Gmen pay for Manning, do you guys really want to give up our #2 for Rivers & a 2nd rounder? Not me, the ideal scenario to me is to get get the #12 over all pick & Rivers for our #2. I see it this way because the Gmen gave up the following for Manning:

#12 1st round pick(2005)
#4 1st round pick(2004)
A 3rd & 5th round pick(cant remember what year these picks were given up in)

So to me, just to get close to equal value, I dont do the trade unless they give up their higher #1 & Rivers. If Surtain is involved, then they give up a 2nd round pick also.

I agree with you on the compensation, however, I don't understand the love affair a lot of the fans have for Rivers. He was a decent college qb but has not accomplished anything yet in the NFL. He has potential, but then again so do most players drafted in the first round. I for one would not make this trade unless both #1s are thrown in. Rivers is pretty much a carbon copy of the qbs we have already. We have other needs that should be addressed through the draft.

Back
Top Bottom