Trade Ryan Fitzpatrick To The Eagles? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Ryan Fitzpatrick To The Eagles?

While I can’t speak for him, I think of this as a season for evaluation and developing young players. By that definition, Fitz doesn’t have a place in this team as he’s clearly hit his ceiling and is just stealing reps from younger players.

Exactly.

It’s one preseason game. Rosen failed to beat out Fitzpatrick during camp, and while I have to wait to see the game, from what I saw of highlights and real time game observations, it doesn’t sound like Rosen did anything to distinguish himself as the clear starter. Rosen is heavily damaged from his first year. Another horrible season and he is done, IMO.

I still don’t see anything special there, anyway. Compare Rosen’s 1st outing in his second season to Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray. Again, it’s only one preseason game, so I don’t put a whole lot of stock in any of it, but even in those brief flashes, It is clear Rosen is playing uphill. Murray could be truly special.

H
It’s one preseason game. Rosen failed to beat out Fitzpatrick during camp, and while I have to wait to see the game, from what I saw of highlights and real time game observations, it doesn’t sound like Rosen did anything to distinguish himself as the clear starter. Rosen is heavily damaged from his first year. Another horrible season and he is done, IMO.

I still don’t see anything special there, anyway. Compare Rosen’s 1st outing in his second season to Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray. Again, it’s only one preseason game, so I don’t put a whole lot of stock in any of it, but even in those brief flashes, It is clear Rosen is playing uphill. Murray could be truly special.

Hmmm you didn’t see the game (or any of the practices) but you don’t see anything special??? Do you get the irony there? My guess is that you didn’t watch Jones or Murray either.

There's a lot to be said for a veteran backup QB providing mentoring and support to a young kid...assuming of course that Rosen wins the competition. If Fitz embraces the role, it's money well spent to have him holding a clipboard and being a positive voice in Rosen's ear.
And if he doesn't embrace it...

Back
Top Bottom