Trade Scenarios for Ricky | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Scenarios for Ricky

I think some of the fans here really need to get out of the house once in a while a look around them. Some of these trade scenarios that have been suggested are delusional.
1st off, you can forget a first or a 2nd rounder for a psycho junkie that appears to have no plans on giving up the leaf. Keep in mind, he gets busted one more time he's done for 1 YEAR!!. That alone will scare off just about everyone. Even if the Raiders do show mild interest in him they realize they won't have to give up much because they're the only team that would even consider trading Miami.

Some people here talk like he's the best player in the history of the NFL. Wake up, he had one great season. He's not the next messiah.......

Trade him for whatever we can get, which ain't going to be much. It probably won't be nothing more than a 3rd rounder or a back-up O-lineman. I don't want Ricky on team. If we get a 7th rounder pick in 2021 I'd be happy with the deal, whatever gets him the hell out of here.

No to mention he does not like to get hit, and now all the NFL wants to hit him for saying people use Masking agents! What happens in the Locker room, stays in the Locker room!

I think it's tough to get any value for him right now...

but a 3rd and a conditional third the next year that becomes something useful if he lights it up and stays in the program might be achieveable.

You gotta say though, if he wants to parade around like a balerina and not get touched by defenders for fear of smashing his fragile psyche he has no value at all as a NFL running back. He may never get nearer to the game than manning a concession stand selling hot salty nuts.

My $0.02 is that the only place he has any value at all is with Miami, explaining his actions and apologising, showing true contrition and playing out his existing contract, thus avoiding losing what he has already earned (and therefore the equivalent of a $8mill signing bonus). Might get seriously injured in QB school next year when Zach forgets it's non-contact for that all important split second, however.

I also think there are a lot of very unrealistic comments about Ricky...why would any team give up a 1st or 3nd for Ricky knowing the risks. I think most Fins fans are very angry when it comes to what Ricky did this team......BUT, we are dead last in running the ball people!!!! I don't want this team to go 0-16 this year and 3-13 next year, etc., Ricky can at least give us something of a running game and gives us a running threat...which we won't have with Henry, Morris, Konrad, etc.
We all have made mistakes in life....let Ricky apologize to every Fins player, and the fans, and give him another chance. Ricky was a top 5 NFL back....we are not going to find anyone who can carry it 30-40 times the way Ricky did....love him or hate him that's the sad truth.

I agree.......the best value out there for Ricky (whether you like it or not) is in Miami. No one is going to trade anyone or any pick of value for his damaged goods.
Let him come back, kiss everyones *** from the FO right down to the fans and prove his worth.....'cause outside of Miami that's not much.

give ricky a year to year shot to pay off the money he owes us....for example.....gain 1400.....he pays off a quarter of the incentive he owes......and we pay him a decent salary.....do that for the next 3 years......but only pay him after he gains the required yardage.........I don't have to like him.......I have to work him...

Back
Top Bottom