Trade Scenarios for Ricky | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Scenarios for Ricky

CCMiamiDolphins said:
Would you do it?

We've been ripped off more than ever before already, I dont want to see it happened again... so my answer is....HELL NO!

No chance we ever get a first round pick for a RB who has had this many documented problems, taken the amount if hits he has, and seems to not really like football.

Add all this to the fact that the perception around the league is the guy quit on his team and there is virtually no chance of getting a good first for him.

It's possible some team could give up a very low first for him in the offseason if they are convinced he has changed, etc.

I'd rather have a 2nd and Curry or Porter, or even a 2nd and Collins :D We just don't need another mediocre running back on this team.

Nor do we need another mediocre QB.:D

Honestly, if you think our o-line can't block anyone NOW- if Ricky came back, they'd just get out of the way and let him get jacked up to the sky.

FireWrongstedt said:
Honestly, if you think our o-line can't block anyone NOW- if Ricky came back, they'd just get out of the way and let him get jacked up to the sky.
Than they'd be no better than him.

how about we don't trade him and uhh... run him? This guy is a future hall of famer if he plays. the team will get over it once he wins the game by bulldozing some defenders on his way to the endzone. If he can play this year, all the bad things will be forgotten.

I say hell yeah..... that would be a great trade.......Then we could have Travis MINUS & Amos ZEROYARDS!!!!:roflmao:

Jnaledu3 said:
the dolphins know what they were getting into when they traded for ricky. they shouldnt be totally surprised that this would happen knowing his history of being 'wierd.' ricky has been the dolphins entire offense for 2 years and is still very important to this team. what if minnesota gave up on cris carter or randy moss? they had problems too, but they worked them out, then became staples on thier franchise. ricky is no bernie parmalee. he is worth the risk because he isnt just good, he is great. the dolphins need to take ricky back, put him on the bench, let him ride out his suspension for the rest of the year. then when wanny gets fired this offseason, miami has a new coach, a great RB, a more experienced OL, a hopefully an experienced feeley or another FA qb next year.

Agreed.....and Wanny needs to be fired today, I am done with him.

hmm heres on I like.

Brian Westbrook and a 3rd for Ricky?

The Eagles always wanted to have Ricky on their team. And if they get Ricky then its over. And Westbrook is under rated and very fast and shifty.

Why dont we make a trade that both sides will be happy... Ricky Williams to the Raiders for a keg of Miller Light

Again, because people are still talkin about Philly:

Philter25 said:
to all the philly trade rumors

Ricky doesnt even fit Phillys style. Philly is a west coast offense. Their RB's are better suited for it than RW is. Buckhalter and Westbrook are fast outta the backfield and have great hands and are good receivers. Ricky is more of a "im gonna run you over" back.

Ricky wouldnt be a good fit in Philly and frankly, they dont need him. They have 2 RB's who make less than Ricky and can do a better job in their offense than Ricky can.
PLUS Ricky wants a new contract. You know what Philly's FO does with players that want to get a big pay contract? They cut their overpaid arse! Then you know what happens, the players realize that they are overpaid, and come back to Philly!! See Jeremiah Trotter and Hugh Douglas. Duce Staley wanted a big contract and he got cut, wanna know why? Cause Buckhalter and Westbrook do a great job and are a perfect fit for their offense.

Ricky wont be traded to Philly, because Philly doesnt want or need him.

you guys are all dreaming if you think we're going to get anything worthwhile for Ricky.

i remember a source through spielman (his brother chris) saying he would not trade ricky for anything less than 2 first round picks...and if he didnt get it hed let ricky rot...

i cant find the source cause im too busy today but i remember reading that somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom