Trade up or Trade down... THAT is the question. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade up or Trade down... THAT is the question.

First round of the draft, what should we do?

• Total voters

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
At No. 16, would you rather see the Dolphins trade up and target someone specific in the first round, losing picks and/or players in the process...

or....

At No. 16, trade down to later in the first round, and perhaps pick up another pick or two, perhaps even a 2nd or 3rd?

Trading Up For Huff Would Be Great ...

Or If We Don't Sign Lavar Maybe Trade Up For Aj Hawk .. That Would Be Awesome

Trading up is not realistic because we have nothing to offer to trade up. We definetly don't have any picks to offer. With needs at OLB and in the defensive backfield, it makes more sense to trade down to collect more picks. If we can drop down to the late 1st round and pick up a second, we could grab some very good quality players that would help us right away.

I say stay at 16 unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

I would like to trade down and try to pick up a 2nd round pick. My reasons? I love the freakin' draft and want the fins to get as many freakin' picks as possible. I will be in front of my freakin' tv all freakin' day! Who's freakin' with me?!?!?!?!? GO FINS!

SCall13 said:
Trading up is not realistic because we have nothing to offer to trade up. We definetly don't have any picks to offer. With needs at OLB and in the defensive backfield, it makes more sense to trade down to collect more picks. If we can drop down to the late 1st round and pick up a second, we could grab some very good quality players that would help us right away.

My sentiments, exactly... There are a lot of teams out there with two 2s, and one team atleast with three 3s, yes?

Trade down. We need to get more picks for the draft because we only have 6 and 3 of them are in the 7th round.

down....too much depth on defense in this draft to trade up. Better off stock piling picks because the LBs/safeties/corners in the 2nd and 3rd rounds arent DRASTICALLY worse than those in the first. example: is bobby carpenter (1st round LB) DRASTICALLY better than....Abdul Hodge? D'qwell Jackson? Demeco Ryans? Another example: is Jimmy Williams DRASTICALLY better than Cromartie? is Jason Allen drastically better than Jonathon Joseph? etc etc

I'd like to re-coup the 2nd rder we lost. So unless we get a shot at a guy who is just too good to pass-up ala Huff, I say trade down. Plus it makes the draft more fun to watch.

down....too much depth on defense in this draft to trade up. Better off stock piling picks because the LBs/safeties/corners in the 2nd and 3rd rounds arent DRASTICALLY worse than those in the first. example: is bobby carpenter (1st round LB) DRASTICALLY better than....Abdul Hodge? D'qwell Jackson? Demeco Ryans? Another example: is Jimmy Williams DRASTICALLY better than Cromartie? is Jason Allen drastically better than Jonathon Joseph? etc etc (On the other hand, Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler ARE drastically better than Croyle and Whitehurst. Just

trade down, get more picks, pickup more lineman (offensive and defensive). No to any qbs this year, no to any RB, Yeah maybe a corner, yeah maybe a wr, but then all lineman. we need to build our lines, control the line and you control the game

Givens13 said:
Trading Up For Huff Would Be Great ...

Or If We Don't Sign Lavar Maybe Trade Up For Aj Hawk .. That Would Be Awesome

no way we trade up for hawk. he is going top 5 possibly and we dont have the picks to get him even though he would be a nice pick. i want to trade down and possibly pick up carpenter depending on what happens with arrington. if we stay where we are at, i like either greenway or jackson.

Back
Top Bottom