Trade with Chiefs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade with Chiefs

i would have liked Baker, the DT from hampton or rashad jennings RB. oh well....stupid trade. stupid draft overall except for our secondary pics which are solid, backup OT depth was OK, and pat white, who will be exciting, just drafted a little too early.

Not a silly trade at all. It was the 28th overall pick in the 7th round. Miami obviously didn't see anybody on the board they liked, so they decided to swap that pick for a 7th round pick next year. Odds are that the Chiefs will be in the bottom half of the league. So, next year, they will probably have around the 9th or 10th pick in the 7th round. What is wrong with moving up possibly 18 or so spots in the 7th round?

Because you are giving up one year of development on a 7th, that is why the higher draft position is assumed, my slant on this is ... JI is being stubborn with BP and won't agree on a player, proving he did the right thing in giving up the 7th for McDaniels. I say we have them put on the gloves, I'd rather that than the likely realization that BP is handing over more and more control to JI.(may be a little early still)

Not a silly trade at all. It was the 28th overall pick in the 7th round. Miami obviously didn't see anybody on the board they liked, so they decided to swap that pick for a 7th round pick next year. Odds are that the Chiefs will be in the bottom half of the league. So, next year, they will probably have around the 9th or 10th pick in the 7th round. What is wrong with moving up possibly 18 or so spots in the 7th round?

the trade makes a lotta sense... and if people are wondering who mainly wanted the trade, look no further than our own team.

1- if the chiefs were the ones who made the call, ireland would've at least taken a 2010 6th rounder
2- the dolphins didn't like nobody probably, so they didn't want the pick
3- Isn't pioli parcell's son in law ? yep, that's right "hey scott, i want none of that pick, want to trade for your 2010 7th rounder ? i know the chiefs need a lot of picks/players to rebuild this year so... and i'm your step father, punk ! "

what i find interesting though, is if they didn't want that pick... does that mean they won't be looking for any UDFA ?
logically, they wouldn't, because they would've drafted someone... :confused:

Trades like this are for aquiring trade power. We now have another draft pick to either use or make a deal with in next years draft or in a trade.

what i find interesting though, is if they didn't want that pick... does that mean they won't be looking for any UDFA ?
logically, they wouldn't, because they would've drafted someone... :confused:
No they will bring in a number of UDFA as they come cheaper..:up:

they probley think they will get the other guys there interested in takin a look at in the undrafted market. And now who knows how this pick could be used for next years draft. for future trades ect.... I like it. dont bother me a bit. I really like our draft too. Some people on here think they got it all figured out. haha. get real people. We got a good solid draft, with playmakers. and like it or not people. The wildcat is here. and fun to watch. O ya bye the way to all the haters of it. I scores TD's. cant wait for this season. Great Job. BP- JI- TS. I am very excited about our team. Go Dolphins.

Well said, agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Because you are giving up one year of development on a 7th, that is why the higher draft position is assumed, my slant on this is ... JI is being stubborn with BP and won't agree on a player, proving he did the right thing in giving up the 7th for McDaniels. I say we have them put on the gloves, I'd rather that than the likely realization that BP is handing over more and more control to JI.(may be a little early still)
Yes they use a year of development, but maybe they feel the 7th round next year is going to be a lot stronger next year. Mike Mayock was saying over and over again all weekend that this entire draft was one of the weakest he has seen. Next year is supposed to be a strong draft class.

They aren't giving up a year of development, if theres anyone they still want they will pick them up as UDFA for less money and now we have 2 7's which can moves us into the 6th round if we need next year.

Nothing wrong with what they did.

So we already have two extra picks for next year. The sixth rounder we got from the Redskins in 2010 from the Dancing Queen trade. Now we have a seventh rounder from KC.

Back
Top Bottom