Trading Deadline | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Deadline

MikeO said:
I thought Soriano to Florida was the craziest thing I read.

Then I go to ESPN.com and I see the Red Sox have Coco Crisp on the block! Crisp for Buherle was turned down by Chicago (why would Boston think Chicago would trade a quality SP to a fellow rival in the AL is beyond me anyway. Theo is slipping)

But I really have to question Theo and Boston here. They sign Edgar and throws him away after a year. Same with Wade Miller but that was more injury. Now they go out and trade for Crisp, gives up some damn good young talent to get him, then has him on the trading block and is throwing him out in offers in July.

What the hell is wrong with Theo?

when/where did you read that :confused:

FiN.in.RI said:
Question him all you want, you just don't know what you are talking about.

Fact is, Renteria didn't have the nuts to play in Boston which was not Theo's fault.

Fact is, Coco was on a tear before he got injured and everyone in Boston was like "Johnny Who?". Obviously Crisp is still hurting and suffered big time from the injury.

We had Marte to specifically use him as trade bait for Damon's replacement and besides Marte we gave up second-tier prospects for Crisp. I don't see where all of this "damn good young talent" song comes from except in your head. It was one player to replace a gaping hole in our line up! And it was turning out beautifully until Crisp got hurt!

It's alright though! Keep thinking you know something!

:lol: Yeah, the whole 2 weeks he was healthy to start the season! :sidelol:

MikeO said:
ESPN and Sun Sentinel

When? Recently?

Any substance to it you think?

Say what you want about this team and being young but if we added Soriano without losing to much of our starting 8 position players we could make a push at the wildcard. Stick his bat in either before or after Cabrera and they would HAVE to pitch to one of our good hitters

EDIT: I found the article

To me the trade makes perfect sense other than we are in the same divison. They want pitching? Well we have that in the minors, if we really want him (which I do) we should be able to field a suitable offer

Brad Lidge is as good as gone in Houston. The owner has came out and said he wants him traded.

Ray Finkle said:
Brad Lidge is as good as gone in Houston. The owner has came out and said he wants him traded.

Well they have about 3 hours untill the non waiver deadline :lol: they better hurry

Alex44 said:
Well they have about 3 hours untill the non waiver deadline :lol: they better hurry

Rangers and Red Sox are in the mix

FiN.in.RI said:
it had to be more than that

He played opening day on 4/3. Got hurt on 4/8

Then didn't play again till May 28th.

He only played 5 games before he missed 2 months.

MikeO said:
He played opening day on 4/3. Got hurt on 4/8

Then didn't play again till May 28th.

He only played 5 games before he missed 2 months.

well my memory is severely lacking. He was playing very well though until that injury hit and the injury really threw off his game. Broken knuckles don't heal fast (if they heal at all) and it must do something to his hitting game because right now, he is struggeling to even hit the ball out of the infield. Certainly not the 15-20 HRs we were expecting nor the spread the ball hitter we were expecting. Not yet anyway.

Here are rumors I have heard

The Marlins are trying to get Soriano, and if they do, would turn around and trade him right away for porspects. Possible to the Angels for Eric Aybar (to move Miggy back to the outfield, or vice versa), and Mathis.

The Orioles and Astros broke off talk that would've sent Morgan Ensberg,Adam Everett, and Roy Oswalt(that is not a typo) to Baltimore for Miguel Tejada. Houston backed out of the deal because they believed Baltimore would then turn around and trade Oswalt to the Rangers.

Billy Wagner is telling Minaya to make a play for Lidge saying that he could fix his problems in 10 minutes.

Jason Schmidt is available but a trade is highly unlikely.

Ronnie Belliard was traded to the Cards for Hector Luna, and are talking about a deal that would send Jason Marquis to the Mets for Aaron Heilman.

The Mets have a deal in place that would send Anderson Hernandez,Heath Bell, and a prospect to Pittsburgh for Roberto Hernandez and Kip Wells

Loretta,Crisp, and Lowell are all on the trading block, and could all still be moved. One rumor has Loretta going to St. Louis and Belliard getting moved to the outfield. Lowell will likely end up in San Diego. Crisp is getting interest from several teams, but there is no favorites right now.

The Marlins are trying hard to get Carl Crawford, and are offering the D-Rays there pick of players outside of a select few.

The Astros are willing to trade Willy Taveras in order to get Ray King from the Rockies.

ChambersWI said:

The Marlins are trying to get Soriano, and if they do, would turn around and trade him right away for porspects. Possible to the Angels for Eric Aybar (to move Miggy back to the outfield, or vice versa), and Mathis.

So in the next 2 hours and 39 min Soriano will be traded TWICE?? I don't see that happening :refuse:

I also think there might be a rule against that which makes it impossible to even pull off.

From the espn trading deadline chat

MLB TRADE UPDATE FROM BUSTER OLNEY
The Red Sox and the Braves have talked about a deal that would send Andruw Jones to Boston for Coco Crisp, Craig Hansen and a prospect. But according to an executive familiar with the discussions, the Braves made a counter offer, asking for Jon Lester to be the third playe

ChambersWI said:

The Orioles and Astros broke off talk that would've sent Morgan Ensberg,Adam Everett, and Roy Oswalt(that is not a typo) to Baltimore for Miguel Tejada. Houston backed out of the deal because they believed Baltimore would then turn around and trade Oswalt to the Rangers.

Billy Wagner is telling Minaya to make a play for Lidge saying that he could fix his problems in 10 minutes.

Jason Schmidt is available but a trade is highly unlikely.

Ronnie Belliard was traded to the Cards for Hector Luna, and are talking about a deal that would send Jason Marquis to the Mets for Aaron Heilman.

The Mets have a deal in place that would send Anderson Hernandez,Heath Bell, and a prospect to Pittsburgh for Roberto Hernandez and Kip Wells

Loretta,Crisp, and Lowell are all on the trading block, and could all still be moved. One rumor has Loretta going to St. Louis and Belliard getting moved to the outfield. Lowell will likely end up in San Diego. Crisp is getting interest from several teams, but there is no favorites right now.

The Marlins are trying hard to get Carl Crawford, and are offering the D-Rays there pick of players outside of a select few.

The Astros are willing to trade Willy Taveras in order to get Ray King from the Rockies.

I saw that from one source but two others that said we would trade and keep him.

Good to be buyers and not sellers..... not that we have all that much to sell

Back
Top Bottom