Trading Deadline | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Deadline

Finfan86 said:
From the espn trading deadline chat

MLB TRADE UPDATE FROM BUSTER OLNEY
The Red Sox and the Braves have talked about a deal that would send Andruw Jones to Boston for Coco Crisp, Craig Hansen and a prospect. But according to an executive familiar with the discussions, the Braves made a counter offer, asking for Jon Lester to be the third playe

Hand the Red Sox the divison if that goes through

Andrew Jones would be an amazing addition

Finfan86 said:
From the espn trading deadline chat

MLB TRADE UPDATE FROM BUSTER OLNEY
The Red Sox and the Braves have talked about a deal that would send Andruw Jones to Boston for Coco Crisp, Craig Hansen and a prospect. But according to an executive familiar with the discussions, the Braves made a counter offer, asking for Jon Lester to be the third playe

While Im a big Jones fan. And having Ortiz, Manny, Jones in the middle of the lineup would be lethal, I don't see why Boston needs this trade. And why give up any young pitching (hansen or lester) when you know Schilling will only play 1 or 2 more years. Beckett is injury prone. Wells is shot. And Clement sucks.

And Jones is a free swinger who doesn't fit into Boston's style of baseball.

Alex44 said:
Hand the Red Sox the divison if that goes through

Andrew Jones would be an amazing addition

i dont want to trade Lester and Hansen though, they could be special

MikeO said:
So in the next 2 hours and 39 min Soriano will be traded TWICE?? I don't see that happening :refuse:

I also think there might be a rule against that which makes it impossible to even pull off.

The Marlins have done this in the past (see Mike Piazza or Mike Hampton), and the MLB deadline is a lot like the NBA deadline in which teams ask for extensions to complete trades.

And If a trade can't get done there are two options 1)trade through waivers, or 2) keep him and get 2 1st round picks.

Again just cause the Marlins are trying to get Soriano, doesn't mean that it will happen

ChambersWI said:
Here are rumors I have heard

The Marlins are trying to get Soriano, and if they do, would turn around and trade him right away for porspects. Possible to the Angels for Eric Aybar (to move Miggy back to the outfield, or vice versa), and Mathis.

The Orioles and Astros broke off talk that would've sent Morgan Ensberg,Adam Everett, and Roy Oswalt(that is not a typo) to Baltimore for Miguel Tejada. Houston backed out of the deal because they believed Baltimore would then turn around and trade Oswalt to the Rangers.

Billy Wagner is telling Minaya to make a play for Lidge saying that he could fix his problems in 10 minutes.

Jason Schmidt is available but a trade is highly unlikely.

Ronnie Belliard was traded to the Cards for Hector Luna, and are talking about a deal that would send Jason Marquis to the Mets for Aaron Heilman.

The Mets have a deal in place that would send Anderson Hernandez,Heath Bell, and a prospect to Pittsburgh for Roberto Hernandez and Kip Wells

Loretta,Crisp, and Lowell are all on the trading block, and could all still be moved. One rumor has Loretta going to St. Louis and Belliard getting moved to the outfield. Lowell will likely end up in San Diego. Crisp is getting interest from several teams, but there is no favorites right now.

The Marlins are trying hard to get Carl Crawford, and are offering the D-Rays there pick of players outside of a select few.

The Astros are willing to trade Willy Taveras in order to get Ray King from the Rockies.

I thought the Red Sox were jumping for joy because of how great Lowell has been for them, why are they trying to get rid of him? It's cool if they flip him though IMO, they'll be a lot more balls getting down the line for doubles with Lowell gone!

Finfan86 said:
i dont want to trade Lester and Hansen though, they could be special

Yeah I agree on that they could both end up great

But A. Jones is an amazing centerfielder and Crisp cant stay healthy, if you can do the deal without lester being the third player thats a great deal

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I thought the Red Sox were jumping for joy because of how great Lowell has been for them, why are they trying to get rid of him? It's cool if they flip him though IMO, they'll be a lot more balls getting down the line for doubles with Lowell gone!

sell high, buy low

MikeO said:
While Im a big Jones fan. And having Ortiz, Manny, Jones in the middle of the lineup would be lethal, I don't see why Boston needs this trade. And why give up any young pitching (hansen or lester) when you know Schilling will only play 1 or 2 more years. Beckett is injury prone. Wells is shot. And Clement sucks.

And Jones is a free swinger who doesn't fit into Boston's style of baseball.

Because in Boston and New York its win now worry later....or else you will fall behind in that divison

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

because they don't believe he will keep this up, and want to trade him while he has value. The only reason they have him now is because the Marlins demanded that the Red Sox take him if they wanted Beckett.

ChambersWI said:
because they don't believe he will keep this up, and want to trade him while he has value. The only reason they have him now is because the Marlins demanded that the Red Sox take him if they wanted Beckett.

Very fair point. I just figured that Red Sox fans were loving the defense of this team (which is head and shoulders above the rest of MLB) and didn't want to tweak it. I figured they'd be looking for pitching and not offense or a change on position players but that's a fair point!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

It's simple economics.

FiN.in.RI said:
It's simple economics.

Except if he does keep it up (which watching his career in Florida) I believe he can.

Unless you get top notch value for him its a bad trade for Boston

if the Marlins get Soriano they would have the power to win the wild card race

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Very fair point. I just figured that Red Sox fans were loving the defense of this team (which is head and shoulders above the rest of MLB) and didn't want to tweak it. I figured they'd be looking for pitching and not offense or a change on position players but that's a fair point!

you'd think that, but they're looking to deal Crisp,Lowell, AND Loretta. Though Loretta is understandable since they've got Pedoria and want to get him some time. If either Lowell or Loretta is traded, I think Boston struggles a bit defensively.

Hell according to baseball prospectus, the BoSox are trying to trade Youkolis

Back
Top Bottom