Trading Our 2 Second Round Picks For Detroit's First | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Our 2 Second Round Picks For Detroit's First

As we all know, Detroit was willing to trade down his first round draft pick, and my very trustable source has told me that at first Miami was trying to Flip Flop the first round with Detroit + Miami would have given them our late second, but Detroit found more convincing to have 3 seconds (plus Mare) instead of a first and two second round picks (one of them, a late) and without Mare..., my source told me that Miami is willing to accept that trade offer, but Detroit also asked for Miami to restructure his contract (Mare's) and that there's a big rumor that in order to complete this trade Detroit asked Miami to let them stick with Green, who previously showed his interest to play in Miami...

My source told me that this trade talks have been during some days now and they are still talking about it...

GO PHINS!!!

So, Millen would give us the 2nd overall pick for the 9th and a late second?
If accurate that would be hard to believe......
I know Matt Millen can be bone-headed, but that would be...
Well, it would be on the Rick Speilman level of bone headed...:goof:

No, he's saying this

2 2nds and Mare for #2

Thats Absolutely right, we will have our own 9 and the 2nd overall pick, plus we will get some value for Mare (If he accepts to restructure his contract), we wont have a second though...

I think that those are GREAT news if they get done...

No way someone would be that stupid......

But ATL will pick landry i believe since they traded up.I would love to see CJ,QB,...Then Landry.

I think Landry will be gone at #9.

Who is better out of Quinn,Russel.

I havent seen to much of them.But Quinn seems pro ready.

No, he's saying this

2 2nds and Mare for #2

I appreciate you explaining that Sean...
But the NFL has a draft table for picks and the 2nd overall is worth a lot..
We were hoping to get a 6th or 7th rounder for Mare.
It would be nice.... But I think its wishful thinking....

This really sounds a bit crazy. Why on Earth would the Lions give up the 2nd for so little when they could arrange a trade down with other teams and probably get much more in return? I can't imagine Mare and some back room gentlemens' agreement over Green would be that important to them.

No, he's saying this

2 2nds and Mare for #2

Yes thats right, but my source told me that they are still in talks and no dela has been closed, he thinks that Detroit will ask something more or something different, but the Dolphins are unlikely to accept if Detroit asks for more...

He also thinks that Detroit wants to trade the 2nd overall because they haven't had great experiences drafting early in the first and thats why they wanted to trade down at the begginig...

well, it IS Matt Millen. they ARE in need of a good kicker, a solid QB to compete with Kitna.

we could get Calvin Johnson at #2, and Brady Quinn at #9. BadaBOOM! Then in the 3rd and 4th we'd need to pickup some OL to block for them of course. id sooooo do it

Quick Mueller get on the phone to Minnesota.

Take the deal.......give up our 2nd rounds...take first rounds get Quin + a great lineman.....get Carr & we are on the right path!!:dolphins: :dolphins:

This really sounds a bit crazy. Why on Earth would the Lions give up the 2nd for so little when they could arrange a trade down with other teams and probably get much more in return? I can't imagine Mare and some back room gentlemens' agreement over Green would be that important to them.

Plus 2 seconds (one early and one late), plus they have one very early second, so they would have 3 seconds + all what you said..., well, as I said, thats whats my source told me and those are just rumors...

im sorry but i cant believe this unless thers some type of link, also that is freaken crazy for lions to do that .... thers no way in hell millen can be that dumb

The only way this could happen, is if Millen had Wanstedt advising him on draft maneouvering. This would be the biggest robbery of the decade, no one could be that dumb!!!
BUT, it is the LIONS!!!

Back
Top Bottom