Trading Places | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Why not keep them and try to get some production out of them. Most 7th rounders are out of the league in about 3 years. At least these guys prove they have some talent.

Well, I'm in the rebuilding mode of thinking. Rack up some draft picks. Heck, if they bring in 1-2 late round picks each, package up those late round picks and use 'em to trade up in draft.

Why not trade those handfuls of late round picks for a higher round? Find some gems in the 5th round.

Besides, our ST sucks and I'm sure the next regime could find some better ST players w/ those picks.

Unload the mediocrity, pick up and home grow some fresh talent.

Well, I'm in the rebuilding mode of thinking. Rack up some draft picks. Heck, if they bring in 1-2 late round picks each, package up those late round picks and use 'em to trade up in draft.

Why not trade those handfuls of late round picks for a higher round? Find some gems in the 5th round.

Besides, our ST sucks and I'm sure the next regime could find some better ST players w/ those picks.

Unload the mediocrity, pick up and home grow some fresh talent.

Finding gems in the 5th round is not easy. Go look through some recent 5th rounds and see how many players are tearing it up.

Dansby is the only one with any trade value. Bush has been bad so far and Taylor is old. Fans might not like Fasano but I really don't want to trade this guy as he is our only tight end. I honestly have no idea who the backups are.

The only way I'd trade any of our players is to improve our o-line ... not likely to happen. Otherwise, as posted above, what is the gain? The biggest needs on this team are: GM, coach(es), an elite qb, and an OL at least as good as we had a few years ago. Now you would think the sputterano would have at least given us an o-line but he has fukked that up worse than the other positions. I say we keep the other talent until we have something to replace them with ... Marshall may not be worth what we traded him for but he is better than we have or any compensation we could receive. Ever think that the reason he drops the damn ball is that Henne throws too hard (didn't see Moore games)? Obviously he caught plenty of balls from Cutler/Orton. Play him until his contract is up or we can replace him and then cut him.
'
;'

Even though he hasn't played really well this year, I think getting rid of Karlos Dansby would be a big mistake. He's talented and can still play. And the thought of seeing him go to New England or Baltimore and thrive makes me sick. Don't do it, Ireland!!! In fact, Ireland shouldn't be allowed to trade any player or picks.
i remember reading that dansbys play is being effected by groin injury.

Assuming another team wants to trade and why would they? Why would I give up a 3rd round pick for a couple of 5-7 picks?

trade em all !!!

SFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

There are a few bad players on the team and they can be phased out over time. This mindset of dumping players is idiotic.
A few years from now those same players will be on winning teams while we are still shuffling players in and out trying to replace them.
The only way this team improves is by making 4 excellent draft picks and 2 excellent FA pick ups every off season.
In 2-3 years we will be in the hunt.

imo jason cole is stupid, out of all those players he was talking about from other teams he didnt even consider us at not even one possion, and i dont care how bad you are, or how good you are ,you are always lookin to upgrade at each poss,so imo, i guess he thinks we can play a NFL game without any players so imo,i say to hell with jason cole, he dosent know what hes talking about.

Assuming another team wants to trade and why would they? Why would I give up a 3rd round pick for a couple of 5-7 picks?

3rd round? I didn't mention that.

I mentioned 5th rounders yes? If one had a handful of 6th to 7th rounders, you honestly don't think one could trade those in for one 5th rounder?

Finding gems in the 5th round is not easy. Go look through some recent 5th rounds and see how many players are tearing it up.

Correction, it's not easy for the Dolphins FO.

The best teams draft well in the later rounds. Go look at the Patriots for instance and see how they have filled out their roster with lower picks. You'll find at least 6 on their active roster. Hmm..they tearing it up any?

Stick with the mediocre starters then let them walk, then you have no chips at all.

Make a few trades with mediocre starters, have some chips to rebuild with youth- even if it's the bottom of the roster with 5th - 7th rounders. Our ST is subpar anyway.

Course this won't happen b/c Sparano & Ireland will try to salvage their season record.

I know it's blasphemous to even mention such an aggressive wholesale ploy, when sticking with mediocrity and playing it safe in the draft has been the team's deeply embedded culture.

Wonder if the Rams would trade Jason Smith (1st round bust) for Jason Taylor and/or Vernon Carey..

I've noticed that John Jerry has eating up some of Carey snaps at RG

As weird as this sounds I'd keep Bush. I think with the proper OC and the right qb in possibly Luck next year he would be a nice weapon. But with this staff he's not being used at all properly. The only other player that I dont think is a leader but needs another true leader imo to make him thrive is Dansby. All the other players could be traded from the list if comp is good enough.

Back
Top Bottom