trading ricky to oakland | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

trading ricky to oakland

finzfan4life said:
He can not comeback till the 4th game of 2005. He has to sit out this whole year because he filled out the retirement papers.
Please re-read my post. I don't want him back. I want to know how much right we have over his life. Please read it in full.

what would the cap ramifications be if we trade him? surely we would have some dead money because of it.

No team will take him. Not even Oakland. The NFL owners are close. If one player screws another owner like this, they won't take him. NFL owners are not like MLB owners.

BlitPhinFan said:
Please re-read my post. I don't want him back. I want to know how much right we have over his life. Please read it in full.
I did read it. I was referring to you saying what if he comes out of retirement this year. He can not come out of retirement this year.

Only Al Davis would be willing to take a chance on Ricky. The old geezer loves his "pet projects" or something. It's not like Ricky won't have a lot left in the tank in 2005. Assuming he keeps himself in decent shape and quits the weed by January of 2005.

At this point, I don't care about revenge. I just want to see us salvage something out of this situation. A first next year would be great.

Deez Nutz said:
No team will take him. Not even Oakland. The NFL owners are close. If one player screws another owner like this, they won't take him. NFL owners are not like MLB owners.
Bull. Ricky does 2 things.

1) Makes Oakland better
2) Sells tickets

Al Davis, or any owner, would love to have him!

What shows Ricky might be the biggest MORON on the face of the earth is he says he hated being run into the ground game after game in Miami. So he wants to go to Oakland, where NORV TURNER who was calling those plays for Ricky in Miami is the head coach?????????????? Man, that must be some good weed!

Ok don't diss me for this but I read somewhere that if Ricky were to come back he could miss up to a year for skipping out on his suspension...this is what I read if I find the link to it I'll post it again. But if this is true I don't think we'd get as much as we'd like...even if we did manage to trade him...

darkmistress said:
Ok don't diss me for this but I read somewhere that if Ricky were to come back he could miss up to a year for skipping out on his suspension...this is what I read if I find the link to it I'll post it again. But if this is true I don't think we'd get as much as we'd like...even if we did manage to trade him...
NO. If he wanted to come back THIS YEAR he would be suspended for a year. Which esentially means he can't play THIS SEASON.

What he can do though AFTER the season is apply to re-enter the league, and start back up in 2005. But his 4 game suspension still must be served.

According to the sunsentinel Ricky would have to sit out the 2005 season because he missed a drug test and that counts as a 4th failed drug test. He cant come back this year because he filed his retirement papers. Also, the dolphins hold his rights forever meaning if he decides to unretire in 2025 we would still hold his rights.

VJ1252 said:
According to the sunsentinel Ricky would have to sit out the 2005 season because he missed a drug test and that counts as a 4th failed drug test. He cant come back this year because he filed his retirement papers. Also, the dolphins hold his rights forever meaning if he decides to unretire in 2025 we would still hold his rights.
that must have been what I read too...just not very well lol :D

VJ1252 said:
Exactly. He is contracted to PLAY for the Phins for 2 more years. Doesnt matter how long it takes him to fulfill those 2 years.

outtawack311 said:
Deez Nuts, You march anywhere?? What do you play?
I don't march right now, but I'm thinking about Memphis Sound, or Spirit. I'm still learning trumpet, I started out playing clarinet.

MikeO said:
Bull. Ricky does 2 things.

1) Makes Oakland better
2) Sells tickets

Al Davis, or any owner, would love to have him!

What shows Ricky might be the biggest MORON on the face of the earth is he says he hated being run into the ground game after game in Miami. So he wants to go to Oakland, where NORV TURNER who was calling those plays for Ricky in Miami is the head coach?????????????? Man, that must be some good weed!
No, they will not take him. They will blackball him like they did with Erich Rhett. If Ricky wants to play, he can go play in Canada.

I'd get whatever we can. We might end up screwing the Raiders tho.LOL. Imagine if we traded him, and he goes and smokes some more rockstar weed right before Raiders camp and decides he doesn't wanna play for them either.LOL. That would be classic.

Back
Top Bottom