Trading Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Up

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
There is so much talk about us trading down, and the fact that a number of teams want to trade down.

Is it remotely possible that Rick could pull of a deal to see us move into the top ten a draft a top tier impact player.

We have the ammo in Wally, #20 and #87.

Could we trade up and get a guy like Gallery, Roethlisberger, Sean Taylor or Tommie Harris.

I think we could. We could package our first and O-gun to move up a bit. We could also sell the farm, package our first, o-gun, and a first next year to move up into the top few picks, and nab gallery or Eli. I'm not in support of it, but it could be done.

I think that trading up would be too risky a move for a first year GM. Hopefully we pick up the best OL available.

Originally posted by lotion
I think that trading up would be too risky a move for a first year GM. Hopefully we pick up the best OL available.

I would agree with you if he had not already traded our 2nd next year for a 3rd string qb :lol: . Not that I think it was a bad move. I cant see us trading up for a QB (although I would LOVE that) or a DT. I could see either Gallery or Taylor at pick 4 or 5 with SD or Wash. MMMMM Taylor in the secondary:drool:

Would Washington take this yrs 1st and next years 1st for the 5th pick. (maybe add this yrs 3rd to the deal).

They want draft picks and we want an impact player.

I too would love to see Taylor in our secondary, and think that Rick has made it clear, to an extent, that we need a safety.

Originally posted by finsnchips
Would Washington take this yrs 1st and next years 1st for the 5th pick. (maybe add this yrs 3rd to the deal).

They want draft picks and we want an impact player.

I too would love to see Taylor in our secondary, and think that Rick has made it clear, to an extent, that we need a safety.
I agree but think the trade with SD (after they do one with NY) is more likely. I am hoping it would include wally and our #1 , maybe freeman too. I cant see us going into another year with no picks until the 3rd round.

Good Point.

Also, with Feeley's a conditional 2nd, that could rise to a first, we can't trade our first, can we?

no way do you spend lots to trade up to take a S, WR, TE or an interior linemen. They are just not important enuf positions to sell the farm for. Now for a LT like Gallery or a franchise QB like Eli, that is a different story

Originally posted by finsnchips
Good Point.

Also, with Feeley's a conditional 2nd, that could rise to a first, we can't trade our first, can we?
we discussed this and concluded that it was not conditional. It was a straight second thought

I think DW is desperate...he has to win this year....on the other hand, I'm beginning to think that RS is NOT concerned about job security. IMO, that means that RS would probably not trade up and give away next years picks. I'm sure that if some GM has contacted RS and told him that he would deal if RS wanted to, he might entertain something in the way of a trade, but other than Eli or Gallery, I just don't see it. Perhaps if it involves trading AJ to Chargers to get the 1 pick ?? Nah, not ganna happen...anyways, I think if the opportunity for a trade down comes along, he would go for that to pick up an add'l day one pick; lots of value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

i would not enterttain any ideas of trading Ogun AND our #20 to move up. if someone wants ogun, they should have to part at least with their own #1. Afterall, that's the whole idea of tendering him anyway. If say Wash is a team willing to trade, let them trade their 35 pick for someone that's pretty much proven. Otherwise, let them just use their own pick on a rook that may not help them for awhile anyway.

Hey just wait my finfriends I have a feeling something great is going to happen to us in the last couple days before the draft...Denver just traded picks with Cincy using a player (Oneal) and their pick (24) and a fourth rounder...I see Rick and FO trying to do similar trade with our first, Wale, and a 4th...somethings brewing in the miami FO...the visit from Sean Taylor was just the first sign of things to come. Woot woot!

I wonder when will people realize, Miami is in no rush to get rid of Ogun

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
I wonder when will people realize, Miami is in no rush to get rid of Ogun

Agreed.
giving up an established player simply for the ability to take a gamble on an unproven rookie a couple of spots higher than you would have been able to before is retarded.

O-Gun should only be moved if a team gives up their number one pick outright for him.... PERIOD!

Miami is NOT in any rush to get rid off him, but if they don't sign him to a contract then he's gone after next year, for nothing!!

We either need to sign him long term or get something for him.

Back
Top Bottom