Trading Up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading Up

Originally posted by finsnchips
Miami is NOT in any rush to get rid off him, but if they don't sign him to a contract then he's gone after next year, for nothing!!

We either need to sign him long term or get something for him.

Swapping first round picks is NOT getting anything in return for him. It's simply giving up a winning lotto ticket for the chance to buy another one even though you could keep the winning lotto ticket and buy another ticket anyway a couple of minutes later....

:goof:

makes zero sense.

Originally posted by dolphan39
no way do you spend lots to trade up to take a S, WR, TE or an interior linemen. They are just not important enuf positions to sell the farm for. Now for a LT like Gallery or a franchise QB like Eli, that is a different story

I totally disagree. Taylor is a difference maker and loosing one year of renting wally would be worth the trade. I cant see us resigning him for the $$ he wants. Moreover I cant see trading up for a lineman. I just see so many that do a good to great job and were drafted later. Where was James drafted?? Of course grabing a franchise qb would be great but that ship has sailed. If we got Taylor and he lived up to the hype (best DB from miami EVER) imagine our D. Couldn't run on us last year at all. Try and pass against howard, surtain, madison, t-buck, Knight and TAYLOR:eek: Wholy Sh....We could win 3-0:lol: Really it would be outstanding. I know we would loose Wally but I think with Bowens back and Grisby (sp) never getting double teamed and noone ever getting open in the secondary I dont see a dropoff in sacks. Get'em Ricky!!

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Swapping first round picks is NOT getting anything in return for him. It's simply giving up a winning lotto ticket for the chance to buy another one even though you could keep the winning lotto ticket and buy another ticket anyway a couple of minutes later....

:goof:

makes zero sense.

I agree the draft is a lottery.

But trading Wally and swapping picks with a top 5 team gives us a chance to get a better player in the draft. ie Taylor or Gallery.

But unless the FO offers Wally a contract and he signs it, he's gone after this season. If it appears that this is going to be the case, then I would rather have Taylor for 12 years than have whoever we pick at 20 for 12 years and Wally for just one.

Miami is NOT in any rush to get rid off him, but if they don't sign him to a contract then he's gone after next year, for nothing!!

I guess we will see. I just don't see people trading players a lot in the NFL when they have one year left on their contract.

Thank you!!

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree

I guess we will see. I just don't see people trading players a lot in the NFL when they have one year left on their contract.

Isn't that exactly what happened with Den and Wash???

how absurd are these "for a flat out first nothing less" comments? I mean geeze, NO ONE will give up a top 10 pick (the only trade worht doing for us is a high pick) for Wally AND sign him to a huge contract. Trading him plus our 20 for a top 10 pick would be well worth it for us.

I would trade Wale & ANY pick to move up for Sean Taylor. He is going to be the best safety in the NFL, IMO.

I'd not trade Ogun plus our 20 for a safety and I don't care how good Taylor is. I'm a big canes fan and love Taylor as much as anyone but the only thing I'd do is trade Ogun for Taylor and still keep our 20. I doubt that could happen tho but I still think that we'll sign him long term anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

I'd give up Wale and the #20 to get Taylor in a heartbeat. Seeing how Roy Williams and Ed Reed took Dallas' and Baltimore's defenses to a new level with their playmaking skills makes me confident that Taylor could turn our D into the NFL's best....even with the loss of Wale. I've read scouting reports that say Taylor is better than both Reed and Williams were when they were drafted (though Williams is the more ferocious hitter, but its tough to top him....his hits are unbelievable). If we could trade up and get either Taylor or Gallery, this team would be next year's division favorite IMO.

I don't know why everyone is so quick to think that Ogun will be gone next yr anyway. If he turns in another spectacular year, then there is the franchise tag and if he's signed away, we get 2 #1s. not an exact total loss. if he tanks this season, then he'll get no big offers anyway and his "automatic departure" will not be imminent. IMO, that's why no team has jumped at him. Obviously, 31 other teams must feel that he is not the "quality" type of DE that Rosenhaus thinks he is.

31 other teams don't want to give up a 1st and 3rd + plus give him a huge contract

31 other teams don't want to give up a 1st and 3rd + plus give him a huge contract

What if he were a Kearse or a Wistrom?? Anyway, point being is that there's not been exactly a lot of inquiries about him anyway. ;)

Originally posted by DeDolfan
I don't know why everyone is so quick to think that Ogun will be gone next yr anyway. If he turns in another spectacular year, then there is the franchise tag and if he's signed away, we get 2 #1s. not an exact total loss. if he tanks this season, then he'll get no big offers anyway and his "automatic departure" will not be imminent. IMO, that's why no team has jumped at him. Obviously, 31 other teams must feel that he is not the "quality" type of DE that Rosenhaus thinks he is.

we couldn't afford to tag him buddy, the franchise tag would bring Winstrom money, we allready pay a butt load for JT. Franchise tag isn't really an option, if no one will give a first THIS year, they sure as hell wont' give TWO firsts next year.

Back
Top Bottom