Training Camp - Day 9 (ish) Monday The 6th | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp - Day 9 (ish) Monday The 6th

The last two draft have been pretty good so I'm coming around on Grier myself
Our drafts have made more sense lately but the question is, does Grier really has the last word on who we pick? I know they always say that they all work together which can be good or bad. If it works out then great but if it doesn't then who's to blame?

I like Grier and would hold on to him over Gase, Tannenbaum, and anyone else in the organization. I feel they are all frauds in comparison.

He's in a tough spot, certainly not a lot of minority NFL GM's - really only he and Reggie McKenzie are left. Perhaps because of this I've wondered if he's played it more conservatively the last couple years. I think in due time Grier with more autonomy and freedom will keep growing into his role. In my mind he's earned it and would hate to lose him. I'd love to give him the chance to draft his Qb and start steering the franchise in his vision.

Last edited:
Our drafts have made more sense lately but the question is, does Grier really has the last word on who we pick? I know they always say that they all work together which can be good or bad. If it works out then great but if it doesn't then who's to blame?

I think it's been a combination of him and input from Gase . Just last draft they report Ross wanted to go another way but they convinced him to get Fitzpatrick. That would not have happen in the past most likely and i feel tannebaum is staying out of it for the most part and letting those two do their jobs. I'm good with that.

I think it's been a combination of him and input from Gase . Just last draft they report Ross wanted to go another way but they convinced him to get Fitzpatrick. That would not have happen in the past most likely and i feel tannebaum is staying out of it for the most part and letting those two do their jobs. I'm good with that.
I'm all for t-baum staying way away from it all

did he or did he want to know what serious options were on the table. I did hear a little something about it, but I thought it was a lot of smoke being blown in the room.

I think Ross was looking at some trade back options to get more picks. The guys really wanted Fitz and pulled the trigger. At least that's what I heard.
I like that he let the football guys decide and did not overrule them. Shows some trust.

did he or did he want to know what serious options were on the table. I did hear a little something about it, but I thought it was a lot of smoke being blown in the room.
Sounded more like he was just challenging everyone to think outside the box. It was possible the saints came to us with the offer the packers took. There was a value on the trade down. I heard he was just creating a dialogue and not trying to control the decision

Sounded more like he was just challenging everyone to think outside the box. It was possible the saints came to us with the offer the packers took. There was a value on the trade down. I heard he was just creating a dialogue and not trying to control the decision
that's what I kind of thought.

Yea I commend Ross for stepping in there. But Minkah is the type of guy this defense has needed since Zach left over a decade ago. There was no value in a trade down when you are passing on a guy like that.

They literally have not drafted defensive guys like this in over 20 years and maybe you get two of them on the defense this year with Raekwon and Minkah.

What like about this camp is how quiet it's been. In years past it's been all about contracts, players wanting huge dollars, others not living up to expectations. Chase Allen, Torry McTyer and Jalen Smith all of whom were not drafted; have gone under the radar and seem to have taken the OTA's and now camp to put a stamp on this team. They've all worked very quietly earning their keep.

I like Grier and would hold on to him over Gase, Tannenbaum, and anyone else in the organization. I feel they are all frauds in comparison.

He's in a tough spot, certainly not a lot of minority NFL GM's - really only he and Reggie McKenzie are left. Perhaps because of this I've wondered if he's played it more conservatively the last couple years. I think in due time Grier with more autonomy and freedom will keep growing into his role. In my mind he's earned it and would hate to lose him. I'd love to give him the chance to draft his Qb and start steering the franchise in his vision.
I really don't think that color comes into it. Ravens GM, Ozzie Newsome has been recognized as one of the top GMs for decades (in his 23rd year at Baltimore - set to retire). If the individual knows what he's doing and has success with good drafts and good free agent acquisitions, working well with the Head Coach, it becomes pretty obvious. It should also be noted that Chris Grier didn't just come out of nowhere. His father is Bobby Grier, former Director of Pro Personnel for the Houston Texans. Prior to that, Bobby Grier spent several years with the New England Patriots, where he served in various roles, including as the running back coach, director of pro scouting, and vice-president of player personnel. Chris had been nurtured from the Belichick player evaluation philosophy at a young age and he even had 5 years working as a regional scout for Belichick.
Chris Grier is actually now in his 19th year in the Miami Dolphins organization - the past 12 as a senior executive. Resume below:

As executive:
As administrator:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom