training camp press conferences | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

training camp press conferences

Did anyone read this as an admission that X has conceded the fact that he may be forced to play for Miami this season, without a new deal?

It is possible he is just trying to play to public opinion as leverage (not that it is).
Not sure I'd go so far as "admit" -- more like the fact he's "here" as if that's a sign of his dedication to the team and not to his wallet (getting stung $50k day).

I did see him choke on the question regarding what he didn't understand about his contract! Seems to me if you're going to make such a statement and publish it you should have an answer to one of your cornerstone arguments!

He's in a box and he knows it. The way the team and the staff are treating him is totally embarrassing relative to his conduct... He's coming across like a whining child IMO. Best thing he can do is fire his agent and get Rosenhouse to cut a deal on "friendly" terms and move on.

Not sure I'd go so far as "admit" -- more like the fact he's "here" as if that's a sign of his dedication to the team and not to his wallet (getting stung $50k day).

I did see him choke on the question regarding what he didn't understand about his contract! Seems to me if you're going to make such a statement and publish it you should have an answer to one of your cornerstone arguments!

He's in a box and he knows it. The way the team and the staff are treating him is totally embarrassing relative to his conduct... He's coming across like a whining child IMO. Best thing he can do is fire his agent and get Rosenhouse to cut a deal on "friendly" terms and move on.
I was surprised that he did the Q and A at all, unless it was mandatory (that may be the case).

He had to know he was going to be asked uncomfortable things for which he had no answer.

I was surprised that he did the Q and A at all, unless it was mandatory (that may be the case).

He had to know he was going to be asked uncomfortable things for which he had no answer.
Right. Surprised as well. But seriously, the dude ain't very sharp mentally.

Did anyone read this as an admission that X has conceded the fact that he may be forced to play for Miami this season, without a new deal?

It is possible he is just trying to play to public opinion as leverage (not that it is).
Yes I definitely felt he is trying to emotionally come to terms with playing this year with no change.

It is mandatory. Plus I have to imagine the FO wants him in front of a camera as much as possible. It will either help him work through it himself or he will say something where the FO can actually suspend him.

It is mandatory. Plus I have to imagine the FO wants him in front of a camera as much as possible. It will either help him work through it himself or he will say something where the FO can actually suspend him.
Not sure the value of suspending him, but yeah, at bests he plays nice, at worst he digs the hole deeper.

Not sure the value of suspending him, but yeah, at bests he plays nice, at worst he digs the hole deeper.
The only value to suspension would be to remove the situation from the locker room. But right now it doesn't seem to be an issue. The other players as saying the typical public support statements. But who knows how they really feel. I think it will only take one negative public statement from a teammate to speed up whatever is going to happen.

For what it's worth, I still believe the absolute majority of players understand and support X through this process.

The only value to suspension would be to remove the situation from the locker room. But right now it doesn't seem to be an issue. The other players as saying the typical public support statements. But who knows how they really feel. I think it will only take one negative public statement from a teammate to speed up whatever is going to happen.

For what it's worth, I still believe the absolute majority of players understand and support X through this process.
I can't speculate on how the majority of his teammates feel, only that there is likely some who are conflicted.

Surely they all realize a healthy X makes the team better, but on the other hand, I don't see any of them chipping in part of their $ to make it happen.

It is after all a zero sum equation with the salary cap.

which is probably why he did the Q/A
Was wondering about the actual rules regarding player availability to the media. I don't think he had much choice.

"Players – Players must be available to the media following every game and regularly during the practice week as required under league rules and their contracts and as noted above. It is not permissible for any player or any group of players to boycott the media. Players with unusually heavy media demands must be available to the media that regularly cover their teams at least once during the practice week in addition to post-game. "

Was wondering about the actual rules regarding player availability to the media. I don't think he had much choice.

"Players – Players must be available to the media following every game and regularly during the practice week as required under league rules and their contracts and as noted above. It is not permissible for any player or any group of players to boycott the media. Players with unusually heavy media demands must be available to the media that regularly cover their teams at least once during the practice week in addition to post-game. "

Didn't know that. Nonetheless, the best answer would have been 'I'd rather not comment on the negotiations'

Let me go ahead and give you the rest of Flores' PC's for this season:

We always believed in him.

We kept it a team matter and as such, private.

If it rains, it rains.

Mr. Ross is a great owner.

I'm proud to lead this team of fine men.

Our goal is to win every game.

We'll focus on what went wrong and what went right.

Gotta win every day to win on game day.

There, done. Come back next season.
"We are building a fighting force of extra ordinary magnitude "

Back
Top Bottom