Tremendous First Day for Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tremendous First Day for Miami

Its clear that Saban has kept his word that he would select the best value picks on his board.Roth and Crowder are players who inspire enthusiasm and are are aggessive.
No finnesse players among them and I expect the trend to continue today.

If Crowder didnt have the questionable character and health issues he wouldnt have dropped so far.So it was an opportunity that was hard to overlook.The medical clearance by well know doctors is comforting.

My tradedown theories went for naught yesterday but maybe they will come to fruition today.

Fason must be close to the top of his value list but I doubt he will pick him because of the apparent glut at the position.

BirHead22 said:
Boomer I think we take Travis Daniels or Nick Collins at CB. Fill the Surtain void a lil' Bit. What do you think? Is Safety a bigger need?

Nick Collins is gone.

I agree , tremendous ...TREMENDOUS first day , both in value and in filling needs. We desperately need to become younger , so zero complaints on Roth and Crowder . They BOTH will be astute decisions. They also will infuse the defense with an angry physical attitude....

Here is the top of the list for day two from Rick Gosselin's ratings. He traditionally has been very very accurate both with his mocks and with his ranking of the top 100 players.

Elton Brown G
Jason Brown C
Sean Considine S
Fred Gibson WR
Marviel Underwood S
Kyle Orton QB
Ciatrick Fason RB
Darrent Williams CB

I would add McPherson and Hawthorne of course and Jerome Mathis , the self proclaimed ( and perhaps ) fastest plyer in the draft to that list.

I expect Philadelphia to take Fason , great value and a back that Philadelphia could really use... Cleveland I think goes for Hawthorne.... leaving Miami to maybe trade down , as Boomer is very right , teams restack their boards and become enamoured with a player(s) that is still there . Typically trading down from the top of round four can be very lucrative.

There is at least a half dozen players that I am sure fit Miami's wish list here. I would love Hawthorne , Elton Brown or McPherson , be happy with Jason Brown , Fred Gibson or Jerome Mathis .... and if we do move down their still is very good value left.

Back
Top Bottom