Trevor Lawrence Qb Clemson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor Lawrence Qb Clemson

The best QB I have seen in a while, have to say he had very good protection and what looked like the best receiver in college football in number 8 another freshman and the other guy wasn't bad either. A highly efficient scoring machine, the Clemson offense.

He also made a few really nice throws right before getting hammered, including a TD pass.

Clemson was smart to not waste too many downs trying to run on Alabama. Oklahoma wasted a lot of downs early in the game, and it wasn't until the game was effectively out of reach that they more or less abandoned the run.

As a Clemson fan, we are blessed.

As a Dolphins was, we better start the tank baby!

Best true freshman qb, ever.

I read that article from Boomer, good read, and Lawrence seems to have not only every physical and mental tool in spades but also appears to be such a solid young guy as well. One high school football guru made an interesting comment, called him the equivalent of Peyton Manning but with a much better arm and overall physical tools, heady stuff.

Not much to nitpick. I'd like him better if he were an inch or two shorter and not as leggy. That would enable him to be quicker and able to weave around in the pocket, like Andrew Luck.

Also, Lawrence's touch is not ideal. I've seen him miss those dump off passes previously. He doesn't have the ability to throw 15 mph when needed to fit a situation, then 20 mph...25 mph, and so forth. Downfield over the top touch in the 25-35 yard range is better than lollipop passes near the line of scrimmage.

I think the lack of ability to vary pace and loft keeps Lawrence's completion percentage down a little bit. It was 65%, which is very good for a freshman but not in the 69/70 range, which is where Mayfield/Murray/Tua have been recently. Those guys were in the 11.2-11.6 YPA range while Lawrence is 8.3 right now, despite great receivers with wide catch radius. Frankly the Clemson offense is not designed for 11+ YPA.

That is minor stuff. Really remarkable how much he has advanced in one season, since I saw him in that Army All-American all star game.

When it mattered most

Trevor Lawerance 20/32 347 10.8 3 0 92.8
Tua Tagovailoa 22/34 295 8.7 2 2 21.5

The only stat that matters is scoreboard

That was one of the most efficient offense's I've ever seen against a good defense

Standing tall in big games - why Brady is the best QB in the league last 20 years

When it mattered most

Trevor Lawerance 20/32 347 10.8 3 0 92.8
Tua Tagovailoa 22/34 295 8.7 2 2 21.5

The only stat that matters is scoreboard

That was one of the most efficient offense's I've ever seen against a good defense

Standing tall in big games - why Brady is the best QB in the league last 20 years

Playcalling matters as much/if not more in those situations. Lawrence played great, but Clemson's coaches dominated that game imo.

Clemson coaches did a great job and Lawerance stood tall in the biggest game he has played in and that's the big factor in winning that game.

Brady is not the most talented QB to play the game, what separated him from even more talented QB's is/was he stood tall and didn't crumble when the game was on the line. Lawerance is showing similar traits and appears to be more talented.

The Guy looks like he could challenge Brady for SB wins in the right situation, didn't think I would see that in my lifetime, and yeah I know it's just projecting....

Playcalling matters as much/if not more in those situations. Lawrence played great, but Clemson's coaches dominated that game imo.

We'll have to disagree on the importance each played in the win, Lawerance dominated that game when he got going and Yes the coaching was great.....

If QB's are reversed and Lawerance is running the Alabama offense and Tua is running Clemson, Alabama wins that game. Look at how many 1st round draft choices Alabama has.

Trevor Lawerance is a phenom already and he is only a freshman

Back
Top Bottom