Trevor Lawrence........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor Lawrence........

If I was in charge I roll with Fitzmagic for 2 years and am prepared to do WHATEVER it takes to get Lawrence. Any chance at all we are even remotely in the ballpark of this thinking?

You mean now or when he’s a UFA? There’s zero chance they chase him now.

It is way more likely we draft a QB this year than in 2021. Lawrence is no doubt a great prospect, but you never know if he will decide to stay in school, suffer some really bad injury, or a ton of other things could happen.

He's definitely the crown jewel IMO but I don't think we can wait. I guess if we take a stab at someone this year and don't give up any draft capital to do so, we can give that guy 2 years and if he sucks who knows. I just don't think that is the plan. I know the Fitz signing can be interpreted many different ways but I see it as he is the starter in 2019 and we will draft someone next year but who knows. I do wonder how many posters will implode if we don't get a QB this year even though the general consensus is the better group is next year.

I think we make a move this year, we're in pretty good shape to do so provided the administration really likes one of the four

We have a better chance of drafting a qb this year and realizing in the process that he ia not a Franchise QB only to try draft Trevor Lawrence in 2 years.

The only way Miami gets Trevor Lawrence is if he 1) Declares for the 2021 draft and 2) Miami miraculously gets the #1 overall pick. Neither is guaranteed. Whoever gets the #1 pick in 2021 will most certainly select Lawrence if he declares? Miami may improve by 2020 after they finish drafting and signing players, in both 2019 and 2020. If they improve enough Miami may not be in position to even think about Lawrence. They could have all the draft picks in the world, it DOESN'T GUARANTEE, the Dolphins can get Trevor Lawrence?

Last edited:
and what if he decides to stay all 4 years? i think fromm stays for 4 also

Back
Top Bottom