Trevor Lawrence........ | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor Lawrence........

Would it really be a miracle if we got the number 1 pick that year? We are currently in the bottom 5 teams if not worse roster wise. “Miracle” is a stretch
What most are forgetting, is Miami would have had 2 NFL Draft's and 2 F/A signing periods to improve the roster; before the 2021 Draft arrives. Are you saying Miami's F/O is going to deliberately screw both years for a chance at Trevor Lawrence? I'm not so sure Miami could or would do that. Natural improvements would come, unless of course Miami selects 20 players like Charles Harris over the next 2 years.

He was a true freshman in 2018. If he listens to his parents, he will not come out until the 2022 draft. That's three years away potentially. Might as well start scouting high school QB's.

They could draft one this year and see how it plays out and still go after another QB after 3 seasons with a 2019 rookie.

Valid point. But yo! The $$$ the $$$ the $$$ this kid will demand will be OVERwhelming!

That said -- how can he possibly play the virgin collegiate athlete and

ask Aunt Bee "should I stay or should I go?"

Attachments

• aunt bee no way!.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3
What most are forgetting, is Miami would have had 2 NFL Draft's and 2 F/A signing periods to improve the roster; before the 2021 Draft arrives. Are you saying Miami's F/O is going to deliberately screw both years for a chance at Trevor Lawrence? I'm not so sure Miami could or would do that. Natural improvements would come, unless of course Miami selects 20 players like Charles Harris over the next 2 years.

The "smart thing" to do is for Grier to use his 2021 crystal 8 ball to remote view the draft

identifying the $hit teams selecting 1-2 lickity split trade our current picks for their #1s

in 2021! Seriously -- how obvious is that?

I hear you but forgive me for not having an over abundance of confidence that 2 drafts and 2 FA periods will have this team over the 8 win mark. If we come in to the Lawrence draft with 5-6 wins drafting 8-10 range I don’t think any of us will be super happy and it just doesn’t sound that far fetched to me at this point.

A 2021 draft prospect doesn't go in the main. We allow draft threads about this year

Tua is WAY more accurate...His ball placement is uncanny....

I've watched both extensively and without a doubt, Lawrence is the most incredible quarterback I've ever watched.

And "way more accurate" is a bit overblown. As a freshman Tua had a 63.6 completion percentage. Lawrence had a 65.2.

Both are incredible quarterbacks, but I'd personally take Lawrence over Tua.

And let me be clear, both are worth investing in.

Ball placement ...Just because a receiver caught it,doesn't mean it was thrown accurately.....Look at Nat'l ship game...Lawrence was never rushed,both Bama starting outside LB's
were injured,throwing against a 2nd string Cb and a true freshman....and against the worst defense Bama has had in 12 years.....Lawrence had great stats...but he was all over the place.
His receivers were making unbelievable catches....Tua was throwing darts with a Clemson DLman attached to him all most every throw.
Tua's hyper-accuracy in a Pat's style offense ,is just a better match.
My two cents....and yes..It would not bother me to draft Lawrence....But ,Tua would be magic in that Pat's offense.

Remember..you can make a great QB..just another JAG..in the wrong offense.

Back
Top Bottom