Trevor Pryce Disses Fiedler | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor Pryce Disses Fiedler

Jay was 7 and 1 before the slide happened and still finished 7-3 as a starter this past year and in the Minny loss he still put up a 108.3 QB rating (no way in hell anyone can blame him for that loss). Jay even put up 5 games of 98 or better QB ratings (Detroit 126.6, Indy 119.4, New England 108.6, Oakland 98.0, Minny 108.3). Does anyone here truly believe that he was the cause of the K.C or New England losses?

Jay was 5-1 before the slide and finished 7-3 as a starter...

FACT: Following Baltimore's Superbowl victory, Dilfer was replaced....i dont recall who replaced him though (Grbac comes to mind)

I think if Fiedler has a solid year and wins the superbowl, I can see him wanting to restructure, cause if he doesnt, and is let go, he would not end up in a good situation like this one (assuming we at least get to the AFC Championship game) But then again, if he does play solid, he deserves to have a big salary....

Fiedler's Heart +Composure = wins big games... Griese's misuse of his talent + attitude = losses in big games...

Originally posted by AirVick
Only a select few QBs have the athletic talent to carry a team on their backs. Elway, Marino, Favre, Vick... *not* Brian Griese.

did you really just put michael vick in the same class as those other guys? this guy has won 1 playoff game, and cried last year because the bears were hitting him. look, the guy has a world of talent...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. but can we not put him, or labron james, or anybody else in the hall of fame until they accomplish a few things? geez, the hype for this guy is just unbearable...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by AirVick
Like it or not, the Dolphins staff has selected Griese as the future.

Elway should stick to doing Nestle Crunch commercials. Only a select few QBs have the athletic talent to carry a team on their backs. Elway, Marino, Favre, Vick... *not* Brian Griese. And how many Superbowls did Elway win until he had TD, Easy Ed, Rod Smith, and Loudmouth Shannon on his team . . . healthy and in pro-bowl form?

How many QBs currently in the league can carry their teams? Favre? Even with all the calls that go his way, he's not really capable of carrying his team anymore. Vick? Carries his team with his legs, and not against top-notch defenses. Peyton Manning? How many playoff wins does that guy have?

Griese is a perfect fit for Miami. Like it or not, Fiedler is on the hot seat and will probably be gone next year. Jay's got great mobility and his heart & character on the field are beyond question. But in most everyone's opinion he is a mediocre passing quarterback at best; he's also prone to bonehead interceptions. Turner's offense needs a precision QB that can spread the ball around and avoid turnovers -- precisely Griese's strengths before that disastrous 2001 season. You can't honestly tell me that these are Fiedler's strengths. Fiedler makes plays with his feet, not with his arm -- definitely not in the Aikman/Turner mold.

Folks, there is a reason Norv Turner likes Griese -- he's the perfect example of a Turner QB. The grim reality is that unless Jay turns into a world-beater this season, he's going to be playing for a new team in 2004. I have no doubt that he'll be a starter someplace else, but I think his tenure with the Dolphins is about to end. Jay is very unpopular here in Miami, and I don't think even a Superbowl win would change that. Griese is a fan favorite (on name alone) and a better fit for the offense we run. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post, but that's the best way I can interpret this situation.

Drew Rosenhaus is a bucket of turd, but I think he's right when he says Griese will be playing halfway through the season. Please feel free to tell me where I went wrong...

Hardly, if Griese is not what they hope they can easily cut him next year, and if he plays well they can easily extend his contract. It seems to me the opposite is true. They are unsure about Griese, that's why they did the contract the way they did it.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Bumrush
Broncos players are notorious for talking smack. Remember when Sharpe dissed Marino? Its ok, let them talk, the Broncos are yesterdays news.

Its becuase of one mike shanahan. he is an ahole.

Originally posted by T-ROCK

I wonder, how did you take Elway's comments about Griese???

I give him more credit than Pryce, and he basically said Griese can't win games by himself... That's coming from a guy who's seen a lot more of him than any of us...

If Griese is, as you say, better than Fiedler, he should have no problem proving as much...

Personally, I think he's not better... His skills and faults are equal to Fiedler's, but different...

Jay Fiedler has something griese doesnt. that is the desire to win. i have yet to see where griese took over a game. grise at michigan was a guy who just controlled the offense and didnt make mistakes. he is a no frills kind of guy. he has an arm and can connect. But he is not better than jay fiedler cus jay has proven to be a winner. griese has proven that he has fallen out of favor. both together make a great tandem. griese does not have however, the personality to take over a game. he needs a team behind him. thats why he is here. he is here to use us for one year and prove himself with ricky and co. and then land a big contract somewhere else. i gaurrantee you that if this year is anything like last year, we will win 11 12 games easily cus griese is not ray lucas.
Here is another thing fiedler has over griese by a mile. he knows this offense front and back, griese doenst even know his receivers let alone what norv wants. griese is way behind the eight ball and jay will never lose his job until he goes down with injury. that is when griese will have to prove he is worth millions like his agent thinks.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN

Jay was 5-1 before the slide and finished 7-3 as a starter...

You need to learn how to count. He won at Chicago and Oakland moving his record to 7 and 1 as a starter last year before the team bit the perverbial ass and stunk up the joint the last 2 weeks. Before that it was just Ray Lucas could not run this offense. The team itself was still playing fine.

Plus no one is giving Jay any kudos for reigning in his INT's. They were far down over what they had been.

Originally posted by FinFan84
I think what pryce said, is the general feeling of the rest of the football world, except for this board, and wannstedt. Griese is alot better, accpet it.

And why was he cut by Denver? Griese is alot better at drinking and then tripping over his dog, and or the driveway.

Better then Jay, no, they are both average qb's.

These threads make me laugh for one reason. I have supported Jay, he is not a bad qb, but, the funny thing is, the same thing that happened LAST year when the great Ray Lucas had an excellent preseason and people wanted him to start the regular season, and then God Lucas got his chance when Jay went down.

Didn't work out so well did it?

Greise is a backup. Signed as a backup, and I will say it many many more times I am sure, I hope he stands on the sidelines all year long holding a clipboard.

I am glad he is here, I hope he doesn't play.

:tongue:

I think it will apparent who is the better QB come Sept. 1-
The coaches will know, the players and WRs will know, and we will all see how they do in the preseason. It won't be that big of a mystery who deserves the starting job.
It will make for a short leash on either of them.

As far as Elway, what a jacka** for making those comments about Griese. How would it go over if Marino started talking smack about Fiedler? Or Bradshaw on Cordell, etc., etc.
He needs to keep his mouth shut. He will really look like genius if BG does come in and lead us to the dance.

We are in perfect situation because we can let them both battle for the job and this time next year we will be locked with one of them. If we don't get to the bowl, as Cindrich pointed out,
a lot of people will be gone, maybe Wanny, Norv, BG, Fiedler, etc.

Originally posted by Emskirch
These threads make me laugh for one reason. I have supported Jay, he is not a bad qb, but, the funny thing is, the same thing that happened LAST year when the great Ray Lucas had an excellent preseason and people wanted him to start the regular season, and then God Lucas got his chance when Jay went down.

Didn't work out so well did it?

Greise is a backup. Signed as a backup, and I will say it many many more times I am sure, I hope he stands on the sidelines all year long holding a clipboard.

I am glad he is here, I hope he doesn't play.

:tongue:

I'm with you. Griese is the backup, period. Already been decided by the coach. Even if Griese were to play all preseason games and win them all, he still sits down when the regular season starts. The only way he plays is if Jay gets hurt or we are ahead of a team 35-0 with 10 minutes to play. I hope Jay plays every game this year.

All football players are better when they come to Miami.........Brian is from there,he's finally home and he's got a chance to play for the team he grew up with ........do you think the Dolphins have any bigger fan then Brian Griese.I can't even imagine how happy he is right now.........we done good this off season.............:)

Originally posted by Finlandia
How would it go over if Marino started talking smack about Fiedler?

Marino wanted Huard to start and it took a long while before he showed much of any support behind Jay and last I checked he has yet to say anything good about Jay.

Ok im going to put my quick two cents in... I dont think Griese has the heart, leadership or mobility that Fielder has. In fact i think the only thing that Griese has better than Fielder is his long ball. Why? because that is ALL Fielder is lacking. That man has more heart than most football player today. Takes more crap than most too. So no i dont believe Griese is better than Fielder what so ever.

:missmeth:

How come the Broncos talk every year, and every year we still beat them...

Originally posted by MissMeth
Ok im going to put my quick two cents in... I dont think Griese has the heart, leadership or mobility that Fielder has. In fact i think the only thing that Griese has better than Fielder is his long ball. Why? because that is ALL Fielder is lacking. That man has more heart than most football player today. Takes more crap than most too. So no i dont believe Griese is better than Fielder what so ever.

:missmeth:

Ditto..If you really look at the situation, both QB's followed legends..One handled it with class and determination, the other drew within himself. Thus one was available to go to the other's team..The other is still on that team, has proven himself through all the fan boos, the comparison to Dan, who can't be compared to..Jay has played better than Dan in Dan's last 3 years and gotten us first downs that Dan wouldn't do. Jay has handled all the press and non hype with dignity and not allowed this to distract him..He's a winner both on and off the field..and at this point, I'm glad he's the dolphins QB...I really hope Brian is an upgrade over Lucas..because if needed, I want him to play sound football, unlike he did in Denver..I want him to play better than he did in Denver..We have a lot of talent on this team..but we need a leader at qb..Jay has proven to be one...Hopefully Brian learns from him. It's the mental part that can make or break Brian, thus far he hasn't shown that he has a good mental capability..he has played hurt before..but he still have to play team ball..this is a team sport..not an individual one.

Back
Top Bottom