Trevor Pryce Disses Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trevor Pryce Disses Fiedler

Re: sorry I keep saying hand

Originally posted by rhadaddy
I mean broken thumb, same difference though, he never should've been allowed to get that pass off... That shows heart, toughness and resilliance, something BG has not shown. BG may have the intangibles that the scouts, and coaches rant and rave about, but so Does Akilli Smith, Shaun King, Jim Drunkenmiller and the long list of other overatted underachieving failures in this league.:lol: :lol:
\
You just had to do it ... you had to put me in a Position to defend Greasy . I will Never forgive you for this :D
but your wrong about Griese Not Playing hurt , he stuck out several Shoulder injuries untill he just couldnt play anymore , Bruised ribs , even a Partly torn MCL , Griese has Heart , he just cant stay healthy for a season reminds me of Phill Simms .........

Re: Hey Spider

Originally posted by rhadaddy
I'm not trying to rag the Broncos, smack isn't my thing, and about Ray Rhodes, see Jim Bates... I just think it's ironic for Pryce to take shots at Fiedler when, he didn't step up and make a game breaking play to seal the game in the end and BG single handedly gave us the game 2 years ago with that perfect spiral to Bromell.

Even though JT is a awsome sack master DE, you dont hear him talking smack to any team period, and If he did, I would say the same thing, where were you when Culpepper made that first down to keep the momentum going... Stats are great but it's the game breaking critical plays that count. Trevor Pryce needs to shut up
Pryce ......... Where to start ........... Ok here is a good Place . Pryce is very Talented , but he didnt think playing De was Much Different then Playing D.T . He started to wear down ........... Trevor realy isnt a Smack Talker but he is Blunt and to the point

Originally posted by FinFan84
I think what pryce said, is the general feeling of the rest of the football world, except for this board, and wannstedt. Griese is alot better, accpet it.

I wonder, how did you take Elway's comments about Griese???

I give him more credit than Pryce, and he basically said Griese can't win games by himself... That's coming from a guy who's seen a lot more of him than any of us...

If Griese is, as you say, better than Fiedler, he should have no problem proving as much...

Personally, I think he's not better... His skills and faults are equal to Fiedler's, but different...

Originally posted by Spider

Naw I know a fluke when I see one ........... If I were to be upset over a Loss it would have been Raiders , Phins dont mean that Much to me either way

I was talking about Trevor Pryce, I know you consider Raider games to be more important, and I consider Dolphins/Jets games to be more important too.

I think what pryce said, is the general feeling of the rest of the football world, except for this board, and wannstedt. Griese is alot better, accpet it.

I'll accept it when I see it for myself later this year. Until then, we should reserve judgement.

That said, I hope he is a lot better. I hope he's a huge upgrade. As Dolfans, we should always hope for improvement. So here's to hoping that one way or another, the QB play takes an enourmous step up this season.....no matter who's taking the snaps. :up:

Naw I know a fluke when I see one ........... If I were to be upset over a Loss it would have been Raiders , Phins dont mean that Much to me either way

Apprently they do. Otherwise you wouldn't be here posting.

As for the "fluke".....seems to be a lot of that going around with Fiedler. Whether it's Oakland (twice), Denver, Buffalo, Tennessee.....it's always "a fluke". Funny how that always happens.

You wanna know what was a fluke?? Denver actually moving the ball on us. Mike Anderson's long catch and run......Lelie's catch with Surtain....Trevor Pryce guessing right on the bootleg.....Mare missing an easy 1st half FG.

I honestly don't mean all that. Just that it can work both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor Pryce is a beast. He'll be a much better end this year with the loss of weight. Great player.

Show me, and don't give me ratings. Show me wins and loses and show me in leadership and the respect he has from team mates. Griese's record is 27-24. It's been reported from day one that Griese was a loner. He doesn't command respect, he didn't have any comradery with his team mates. He has had surgeries in both shoulders and he has a drinking problem. The rest of the football world thinks Griese is "alot better" than Fiedler. Is that why there was such a rush, by the rest of the football world, to sign him?

Originally posted by Muck

Apprently they do. Otherwise you wouldn't be here posting.

As for the "fluke".....seems to be a lot of that going around with Fiedler. Whether it's Oakland (twice), Denver, Buffalo, Tennessee.....it's always "a fluke". Funny how that always happens.

You wanna know what was a fluke?? Denver actually moving the ball on us. Mike Anderson's long catch and run......Lelie's catch with Surtain....Trevor Pryce guessing right on the bootleg.....Mare missing an easy 1st half FG.

I honestly don't mean all that. Just that it can work both ways.
LMAO Oh yeah Beating the dolphins is my world :rolleyes: Man a fella has to get up Early in the Morning to fool you about what 9:00 am ............ Mike Anderson what a stud huh fact is Denver moving the Ball on you guys is hardly a Shocker , we Moved the Ball @ will on every team , it was the Redzone we fell apart in and Our Defense didnt stop in anyone in the Redzone . The math isnt that hard to do .....................

Funny stat about the Broncos is they gave up the 2nd fewest passing td's in the league, but gave up the most rushing td's in the league. With that secondary and d-line and lb's I thought it would have been the other way around.

Like it or not, the Dolphins staff has selected Griese as the future.

Elway should stick to doing Nestle Crunch commercials. Only a select few QBs have the athletic talent to carry a team on their backs. Elway, Marino, Favre, Vick... *not* Brian Griese. And how many Superbowls did Elway win until he had TD, Easy Ed, Rod Smith, and Loudmouth Shannon on his team . . . healthy and in pro-bowl form?

How many QBs currently in the league can carry their teams? Favre? Even with all the calls that go his way, he's not really capable of carrying his team anymore. Vick? Carries his team with his legs, and not against top-notch defenses. Peyton Manning? How many playoff wins does that guy have?

Griese is a perfect fit for Miami. Like it or not, Fiedler is on the hot seat and will probably be gone next year. Jay's got great mobility and his heart & character on the field are beyond question. But in most everyone's opinion he is a mediocre passing quarterback at best; he's also prone to bonehead interceptions. Turner's offense needs a precision QB that can spread the ball around and avoid turnovers -- precisely Griese's strengths before that disastrous 2001 season. You can't honestly tell me that these are Fiedler's strengths. Fiedler makes plays with his feet, not with his arm -- definitely not in the Aikman/Turner mold.

Folks, there is a reason Norv Turner likes Griese -- he's the perfect example of a Turner QB. The grim reality is that unless Jay turns into a world-beater this season, he's going to be playing for a new team in 2004. I have no doubt that he'll be a starter someplace else, but I think his tenure with the Dolphins is about to end. Jay is very unpopular here in Miami, and I don't think even a Superbowl win would change that. Griese is a fan favorite (on name alone) and a better fit for the offense we run. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post, but that's the best way I can interpret this situation.

Drew Rosenhaus is a bucket of turd, but I think he's right when he says Griese will be playing halfway through the season. Please feel free to tell me where I went wrong...

I don't know what statistics you are looking at. Neither one of these QB's burns it up on the field, but to say Griese is a much better passer that Fiedler is just false. Griese hasn't had a great year since 2000. He threw 19 TD's with 4 int's for 2688 yds. Other than that year both these QB's passing stats aren't that different. So to say that Griese plays Turner ball and Jay doesn't isn't correct.

Originally posted by AirVick

Griese is a one year rental backup. It's more then likely both QB's aren't here next year then Griese starting next year.

Jay was 7 and 1 before the slide happened and still finished 7-3 as a starter this past year and in the Minny loss he still put up a 108.3 QB rating (no way in hell anyone can blame him for that loss). Jay even put up 5 games of 98 or better QB ratings (Detroit 126.6, Indy 119.4, New England 108.6, Oakland 98.0, Minny 108.3). Does anyone here truly believe that he was the cause of the K.C or New England losses?

Last edited by a moderator:
I beg to differ

No the dolphins selected BG as an insurance policy. The writing is on the wall, Wanny, Fiedler, the coaching staff is all on the hotseat.. and Norv Turner is not a gauranteed that he'll be here next year, So the future is now and Griese is here to avoid another Ray Lucas debacle.

Griese is a perfect fit for Miami. Like it or not, Fiedler is on the hot seat and will probably be gone next year. Jay's got great mobility and his heart & character on the field are beyond question. But in most everyone's opinion he is a mediocre passing quarterback at best; he's also prone to bonehead interceptions. Turner's offense needs a precision QB that can spread the ball around and avoid turnovers -- precisely Griese's strengths before that disastrous 2001 season. You can't honestly tell me that these are Fiedler's strengths. Fiedler makes plays with his feet, not with his arm -- definitely not in the Aikman/Turner mold.

Uhh Griese is prone to boneheaded mistakes and interceptions, hell being a dolphan you should know that. Fiedler isn't out there lighting it up, but I 've seen him consistanly improve since the time he's been here. And I've seen Fielder create plays or extend drives with his mobilty, something BG doesn't do very well.

Folks, there is a reason Norv Turner likes Griese -- he's the perfect example of a Turner QB. The grim reality is that unless Jay turns into a world-beater this season, he's going to be playing for a new team in 2004. I have no doubt that he'll be a starter someplace else, but I think his tenure with the Dolphins is about to end. Jay is very unpopular here in Miami, and I don't think even a Superbowl win would change that. Griese is a fan favorite (on name alone) and a better fit for the offense we run. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post, but that's the best way I can interpret this situation.

That very well may be true for JF, but not for popularity reasons, it's more like he'll be let go for cap reasons or lack of performance or durability... I just don't see how BG is that much of an upgrade over JF. And I'm tired of hearing about that shoulder injury, because if that's the excuse he won't last a full season with the dolphins...

Drew Rosenhaus is a bucket of turd, but I think he's right when he says Griese will be playing halfway through the season. Please feel free to tell me where I went wrong...

The only way that happens is if JF stinks it up or if he get's hurt. Even if they open up competition, which I think they will, Fiedler will beat out BG for one reason fimiliarity with the offense...

I wish BG could return to his old form and be that Probowl QB, I for one was wishing BG was our qb at that time, but times have changed and I wouldn't be suprised if both of them aren't here next year.

LMAO Oh yeah Beating the dolphins is my world :rolleyes: Man a fella has to get up Early in the Morning to fool you about what 9:00 am ............ Mike Anderson what a stud huh fact is Denver moving the Ball on you guys is hardly a Shocker , we Moved the Ball @ will on every team , it was the Redzone we fell apart in and Our Defense didnt stop in anyone in the Redzone . The math isnt that hard to do .....................

Looks like I touched a nerve. :lol:

Dude, I said I didn't mean any of that. It makes about as much sense as your "fluke" comment. That's why I threw it out there. This makes twice I've told you this.

The only person you fooled was yourself, flamebait. I think you'd be more at home in the Smack forum.

Back
Top Bottom