Trotter to be cut June 1st | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trotter to be cut June 1st

chrisinak

Go Air Force
Reaction score
As many of you know he will be cut June 1st, and I know he hasn't lived up to expectations. However, I would like to see the phins pick him up for near vet min. and have him train with Thomas and Seau. He would be a great backup, with the potential to takeover in a year or two. What are everyones thoughts?

Id like to pick up Trotter also, maybe even give him a shot, he cant be worse then Greenwood, can he?

No way, we can't afford him. He won't play for anywhere near the vet. minimum. I'm pretty sure he'd also want to start. There's other teams more desperate for linebackers.

What in the hell are you talking about.. trotter is still a young linebacker and has gone to two pro bowls. He just hasn't fitted in any defensive scheme that The redskins have put. Specially by having different coordinators through his career there. Trotter is still a top linebacker. There is no way you can compare Morlon Greenwood to a former 2 time pro bowler who is still playing good just in a limited role. He would be an upgrade over seau if anything. Faster, stronger but as for awareness and football knowledge, I would go with seau. He is also a good coverage linebacker.

I think the reason he wants out of Wash is because of money...We can't help him there, although he would really push Jr, may even beat him out, given the chance...BUT if we picked him up....that could be a significant acquistion by RS...

LIQUID24 said:
No way, we can't afford him. He won't play for anywhere near the vet. minimum. I'm pretty sure he'd also want to start. There's other teams more desperate for linebackers.
I think he will have to play for close to the vet minimum next season. Not many teams have cap room to pay him big money. Plus I think the knee is still a concern for people.

If we picked him up somehow, we could sometimes run a 3-4 defense to mix things up a little bit.

Greenwood -- Thomas -- Seau -- Trotter
-----Taylor -- Bowens -- Ogunleye------

Just sayin' :)

Predaphin34 said:
he cant be worse then Greenwood, can he?

Now just what's so bad about Greenwood? I'm sick of people badmouthing Greenwood when they've probably never even paid attention to him for one play(that's when he's actually in). :down:

I just don't see this happening at all, but I think we would want to play a lot of 3-4 if it did.

Trotter is a young guy, but he has to be careful to go somewhere he will get the coaching he needs. I could see him with the Falcons, though I'm not certain how their LB corps look. My point is that he needs to find a Marvin Lewis or a Jim Mora, Jr. sort of guy who wants to take on a bit of a project. My Redskins fan friends complained about Trotter constantly because he would try to emulate Arrington's style and Arrington's ability to play out of position but still be a playmaker, but Trotter just didn't have quite enough talent to get it done like LaVar did.

Trotter was a product of a very aggressive blitz-happy system in Philadelphia. He wouldn't have put up the numbers he did in any other system and he showed that by his performance in Washington. He's not very fast (especially after he blew out his knee) Then add the fact that he has health concerns and there is no way I would ever want this guy on our team. We have a great combination of youth and veteran leadership at LB and we don't need this guy. So please stop posting threads about trotter, the guy is a bum. Watch the Sunday night game last year Wash vs Miami. This guy misses assignments all over the field.

i like how anytime anyone gets cut, we should always get them for the vet min.

Dolphins17-0 said:
i like how anytime anyone gets cut, we should always get them for the vet min.
Just what I was thinking. If Kerry Collins gets cut, he should come here for vet. minimum. Larry Allen too. Oh, and Ian Gold also :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you guys better go do better research.........the reason the Skins are cutting him is because of his knee...... he hasn't been the same since blowing it out and he definately doesn't deserve the money he signed for. Makes you think when the name "Trotter" becomes easily expendable like that.

There are some people on this board that think the roster is 76 players instead of only 53.They want us to have 6 QB's, 14 o-linemen, 12 WR's and 11 LB's too.

Ozzy rules!!

Haha, it seems like I have seen this thread a few times now. 1st off, Trotter is a MLB, so I don't know where this "Upgrade to Greenwood" ish is coming from. Trotter, since the knee injury, doesn't run as well, so I wouldn't see him unseat Zach here, not now, not 2 years from now, not ever. Besides that, he is still better than most MLB's and could and most likely will start somewhere next year and get decent dough. Let's put his name to rest, its not gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom