Trotter to be cut June 1st | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trotter to be cut June 1st

chrisinak said:
As many of you know he will be cut June 1st, and I know he hasn't lived up to expectations. However, I would like to see the phins pick him up for near vet min. and have him train with Thomas and Seau. He would be a great backup, with the potential to takeover in a year or two. What are everyones thoughts?

He may go back to the Eagles. Has a business in the Philly area and had his best years there with the Eagles needing a LB as well. If they dont take one in the first round, look for that to happen. Zero chance he signs with the dolphins regardless, they have other needs.

Hard to see Trotter playing for the vet. minimum or anything close to it. After June 1, there will still be teams with plenty of cap room. Trotter might be happy being one of those "12 sacks on a crappy defense" kind of guys, as long as he's getting paid. Why wouldn't, say, the Vikings sign him? They've got a ton of cap room and are in dire need of defensive help.

Leaving the Redskins isn't his decision, its the Redskins' decision. He's too expensive and he's not the LBer they thought he was plus he's got serious injury problems. For those reasons I can't see him making much more than $1 million in 2004...and probably no bigger than a 2 year contract.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Now just what's so bad about Greenwood? I'm sick of people badmouthing Greenwood when they've probably never even paid attention to him for one play(that's when he's actually in). :down:
I agree....we cant have a super star at every position greenwood has done a real solid job

If possible financially is a great pickup. Just like the G from Philly he would allow us to be much more flexible in the BPA approach tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom