Trouble brewing over Jets QB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trouble brewing over Jets QB's

I threw that in there because your coach said that he was. Regardless, my only point was that you are defending your rookie QB on a Dolphins board. What is your opinion on who the Jets will start and the outcome? I'm not being an a$s anymore, I am just curious.

I threw that in there because your coach said that he was. Regardless, my only point was that you are defending your rookie QB on a Dolphins board. What is your opinion on who the Jets will start and the outcome? I'm not being an a$s anymore, I am just curious.

Actually, Willie and Junc are the only Jets fans on this board I can tolerate. The have actual knowledge and not blind homerism.

Granted, I'm not NFL coach, but IMO I would start Clemons, just for the simple fact, you can bech him, no biggie. But if you start Sanchez, your pretty much stuck. Benching him could be a serious hit to his confidence.

I was just playing around...He doesn't really aggravate me. There is one guy who posts here who drives me nuts. NYattack or something

Yea, some of them are irritating, him and a couple bills fans last yr, but when they go in the toilet, they disappear.

Who are your Mrs. Cleo? The Jets o-line and entire surrounding cast for that matter, is far better than that Texans squad.

There are many examples both ways for throwing QB's in there rookie year. A lot depends on the surrounding cast and coaching staff.

It's a tad bit early to say something like "I guess he's not the best thing since sliced bread, as expected" or whatever it was you said. Maybe we should at least wait for him to throw a pass or two, you know, in a game.

I am actually looking forward to him starting. I want to see if the Jets O-line can make him or break him.

As long as the O-line stays healthy, that shouldn't be an issue for him.

I was defending him because it seemed as though the guy was writing off his career already because of a post on a message board. Obviously a rookie QB will struggle in TC. It's to be expected.

I still expect Clemens to start the season. I have no idea how he'll do, I don't think his '07 appearances mean much with that terrible o-line.

Here is a post I saw on my 1st time visiting enemy territory:

"Clemens' number of INTs is disturbing. Turnovers can't be tolerated and he could very well lose the battle on those numbers alone.

What bothers me is, I'm not sure Sanchez is ready either, for a variety of other reasons. So Ryan is going to make a decision by the Giant's game? Okay, peachy keen, but I can see us putting an unprepared Sanchez on the field, only to get beat up real good and/or stink up the field and eventually be replaced by Clemens.

It should be the other way around, which is why I've been rooting for Clemens to play real well this offseason. These INTs are pissing me off.
"

As we all expected, Sanchez is not the best thing since sliced bread. Clemens appears to be the starter and if they do start him I see headaches for Jets fans. :hi5:

This person could not have said it better.:logic:

It's so sad all the hopes you guys have that Sanchez will bust. he's actually had a good camp. Is he ready to be a good QB day 1? probably not but as a rookie in his first camp he's performed well overall and is leading for the job.

Honestly, I really don't care if he's a bust or not, if your going to win championships, you have to be able to beat teams reguardless of who their QB is.

I don't think it's fair to expect the guy to be great as a rookie. I am anxious to see him play in preseason. if he's ready to play he'll start week 1, that doesn't mean he's ready to be a star but just ready to handle being a starting QB in the NFL. he will take his lumps and have alot of growing pains, I HOPE our fans and the media don't destroy him before he has a chance to succeed.

I don't think it's fair to expect the guy to be great as a rookie. I am anxious to see him play in preseason. if he's ready to play he'll start week 1, that doesn't mean he's ready to be a star but just ready to handle being a starting QB in the NFL. he will take his lumps and have alot of growing pains, I HOPE our fans and the media don't destroy him before he has a chance to succeed.

Don't worry, the fans and media will destroy Sanchez like they have destroyed the Jets entire team for the last 40+ yrs.

Good for you, you searched and found 1 negative post from a Jets fan. You do know that some of our boards have these guys that post as Jets fans but say nothing but negative things about the team.

Anyways I have heard that Clemens and Sanchez have been playing much better as training camp progressed. Sanchez hasn't really thrown INTs and has gotten much better as camp moves on. Sanchez has been doing awesome when given the chance to run the 1st team offense.
Neither QB is going to play much tomorrow night Ryan said because of the Jets going to be missing 3 starting linemen in Faneca, Mangold, and Woody who all have minor injuries which you wouldn't want to risk this early.

But seriously I would expect Sanchez to be inconsistent, hes a rookie. The Jets don't play a regular defense either, they play one that no one else runs. Rex Ryan has a very complex defensive scheme that is confusing to QBs to read who is blitzing and who is in coverage. Especially a young QB, its not like the Jets will ask their QB to throw the ball 40+ times a game like we did with Favre last year. They will protect the QB whoever it is, and its probably going to be Sanchez because they have been neck and neck and Sanchez is the franchise, he has much more talent than Clemens does and has actually been improving while Clemens still has the same problems hes always had, like being inaccurate, little pocket awareness.

Just out of curiosity, can you break down for me what it is that Rex does with his defense that is so unique that nobody else runs?

Dude, for someone who is so nonchalant and confident about their team/QB situation, you sure spend a lot of time on finheaven! You wouldn't catch me dead on a Jets forum. Do you know why? Because I am not worried about your team. I like NYJunc, at least he has some intelligent things to say. Oh yeah, the Jets have a far better OL than the Texans and the rest of the league---and D'brickashaw Ferguson is better than Jake Long. You and your coach must be smoking some serious stuff.

You do realize that this isthe AFC East forum right? Believe it or not, you dont have to be worried to be on another teams forum, what exactly areyou getting at?

Just out of curiosity, can you break down for me what it is that Rex does with his defense that is so unique that nobody else runs?
Rex defense doesn't have a base to it, its a lot of movement and disguising. On plays he can blitz all the LBs and then drop back his NT like he did with Ngata at times. Hes the creator of "organized chaos", with all the presnap movement and overload blitzes. The fact that our defense is supposed to be a 3-4 base, but Pettine said that they will only run a 3-4 about 10-15% of the time.

The Ravens said they aren't going to be running organized chaos this year, they will be playing more of a 4-3 this season instead of all the confusion stuff.
Its close to a 46 defense what Ryan runs. Teams just don't have all the presnap movements like what a Rex Ryan defense has, the purpose of the defense is to create mismatches and have guys come in untouched. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think I heard the Ravens had the most untouched blitzers in the NFL getting into the backfield.

Anyways on topic, I asked some Raven and Falcon fans on how Ryan and Flacco did during training camp. Both fan bases said they struggled, the Raven fans said they were very worried with Flacco as they said he looked like a AFL QB. While Ryan was inaccurate and making mistakes.

So we don't know anything with Sanchez yet.

Back
Top Bottom