Trouble in Foxborough? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trouble in Foxborough?

utahphinsfan

Club Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=4724220

My favorite question...

Q: In the Patriots' loss to the Dolphins, the last pass play by Brady that was intercepted, the Dolphins defender tackled Brady at the knees. I thought the new rule instituted for this season made going for a QB's knees a penalty. None was called, and none of the announcers made note of it. How would you describe the lack of a call in this situation? --

A: defenders can make a normal tackle low on the quarterback, but officials will throw a flag if there is forcible contact. I'm including an old piece I wrote about the topic, with an explanation from referee Terry McAulay.

So? Is this the beginning of the end for the evil empire? :chuckle:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=4724220

My favorite question...

Q: In the Patriots' loss to the Dolphins, the last pass play by Brady that was intercepted, the Dolphins defender tackled Brady at the knees. I thought the new rule instituted for this season made going for a QB's knees a penalty. None was called, and none of the announcers made note of it. How would you describe the lack of a call in this situation? --

A: defenders can make a normal tackle low on the quarterback, but officials will throw a flag if there is forcible contact. I'm including an old piece I wrote about the topic, with an explanation from referee Terry McAulay.

So? Is this the beginning of the end for the evil empire? :chuckle:
Watching the video on that web page, this guy is such a homer. He's getting all defensive lol.

Skip Bayless is a bigger moron than Armando.

Well, according to Joey Porter all Brady has ti do is call for a flag. Most here agreed he was right. I wonder if all along it's just been the NFL protecting QBs, which it's been progressivly doing for decades now, or a deliberate conspiracy to keep the Patriots on top?

I think the refs saw a good, clean wrap up, albeit low, and made the proper non call.

Brady also used the refs signal for resetting the game clock. I believe it's a hand motion up and down above the head. And as the clock was at 13 or so it resets to 25 or more seconds as he stops his protection setups and lined up for snap. He's a ****in joker.

I still want to see Skip Bayless thrown into the ocean. That guy is the most useless, goofus sports reporter ever.

nvzda9-1.jpg

i like when him and stephen a. smith argue with each other about who can be the most offensive while talking about something they know nothing about.

...I wondered why there wasn't a call at the time....good explanation provided in that link.

Wake slide down his body he was not going for the knees....but wish he snapped them but I am happy with ****ing the Patsies!

The Patriots are beginning to resemble the Dolphins of the mid-to-late 1970s: a really solid team getting past their prime and replacing older players with younger, less talented players.

The major difference between the 2000-era Patriots and the 1970s-era Dolphins, though, is that the Dolphins achieved perfection. The best the Patriots could do was 18-1.

Michael

Four Patriots, including Moss, sent home before practice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ots-including-moss-sent-home-before-practice/

Shalise Manza Young of the Providence Journal wrote on Twitter that Moss, Derrick Burgess, Gary Guyton, and Adalius Thomas were sent home.

Weather reportedly created traffic problems in Foxborough, but perhaps coach Bill Belichick wanted to send a message to his team.

The four players will not be able to participate in practice or team meetings on Wednesday, usually a huge day for installation of the game plan.

UPDATE: Belichick would not confirm or deny the report at his press conference. He said that any discipline on the team will stay between him and his players.

UPDATE II: Tom Brady's response to the report: "You guys find out everything these days, don't you?"

Back
Top Bottom