Tua Contract extension | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract extension

Such a stupid statement statement without looking at context nor does winning fall solely on a qb. Do me a favor go back and watch those games. Just about every game was decided by another player not named Tua not making a play. I’m not even going to get into the awful playcalling/play design because it’s beating a dead horse at this point. If you think Tua is the reason for not winning those game then you’re just being lazy and not looking at the whole picture.
He isn't the only reason for losing those games but he is a big part of it. He has never stepped up in those games. It could be a mental thing or his physical limitations but he craps the bed more often than not in those situations.

He isn't the only reason for losing those games but he is a big part of it. He has never stepped up in those games. It could be a mental thing or his physical limitations but he craps the bed more often than not in those situations.

It’s playcalling/design and injuries. Nothing more than that. You can go through my other post if you want more detail on why. McDaniel is a far bigger problem then Tua.

Not sure what the issue is? Someone brought up Herbert and I simply stated if wins are a qb stat and it’s Tua’s fault for not beating good teams I’d say it’s relevant Herbert struggles to beat every team.

So in your mind we can knock Tua for not coming up big in big games but can’t mention Herbert when he’s mentioned even though he has a history of not being a winning qb and was like 1-4 in game winning drive opportunities this year in 1 score games…. Wild
No. I just get irritated at the continuous attacks on Herbert By posters in general. At least yours was football based. I overreacted. Apologies.

It’s playcalling/design and injuries. Nothing more than that. You can go through my other post if you want more detail on why. McDaniel is a far bigger problem then Tua.
McDaniel is a big problem as well but don't act like Tua is a franchise QB at this point. Franchise QB's find a way to win some of those games. He can't carry a team like Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes.

The level of delusion this week is astounding:

1) he led the league in passing with a line that couldn’t give him 3 seconds 90% of the time
2) we spent 24 years finding someone competent after Marino, let alone someone capable of being top 5 in most categories, while hiding our OL warts
3) if we go into a negotiation by insulting him, it won’t go well

Why would this guy take a deal less than market value for a top five statistical player?

Who is replacing him? Do franchise QBs grow on trees in 2024? I don’t want 24 more years of praying for one.

Unfortunately, angry Dolfans are all over my X feed. I keep seeing this like “we *just* need a real qb.” Just? Just? Delusional

McDaniel is a big problem as well but don't act like Tua is a franchise QB at this point. Franchise QB's find a way to win some of those games. He can't carry a team like Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes.

Sure you might be right but don’t act like those guys grow on trees. Solid chance if that’s what you consider a franchise qb we can go another 20-30 years without getting one, might even be longer. Much easier to build a great team then to pray you get a guy who’s going to go down as probably a top 3 qb ever or a 6’5 240 pound guy with a cannon who can run the ball like a runningback and somehow never gets hurt.

Sure you might be right but don’t act like those guys grow on trees. Solid chance if that’s what you consider a franchise qb we can go another 20-30 years without getting one, might even be longer. Much easier to build a great team then to pray you get a guy who’s going to go down as probably a top 3 qb ever or a 6’5 240 pound guy with a cannon who can run the ball like a runningback and somehow never gets hurt.
I consider a franchise QB someone who can carry a team to wins when all else fails. Dan Marino was good at that because they had no defense or running game for most of his career. That's why he was a franchise QB. I don't believe Tua is capable of that.

The level of delusion this week is astounding:

1) he led the league in passing with a line that couldn’t give him 3 seconds 90% of the time
2) we spent 24 years finding someone competent after Marino, let alone someone capable of being top 5 in most categories, while hiding our OL warts
3) if we go into a negotiation by insulting him, it won’t go well

Why would this guy take a deal less than market value for a top five statistical player?

Who is replacing him? Do franchise QBs grow on trees in 2024? I don’t want 24 more years of praying for one.

Unfortunately, angry Dolfans are all over my X feed. I keep seeing this like “we *just* need a real qb.” Just? Just? Delusional

Yup it’s wild how much people don’t understand this game.

It’s a team game, fix the oline and for the love of god keep guys healthy. Twice we’ve limped into the playoffs, once without Tua and this year without half the team.

Fix the oline, keep guys healthy and please give up playcalling McDaniel, which in my opinion has caused such a regression on offense. If those three can happen it’s a whole different team.

Offer Tua what he's worth, offer him the Daniel Jones contract and laugh in his f****** face. At least that guy won a playoff game.

If he balks, just be like Ok whatever, we don't really give a s*** either but we've put ourselves in this position and have to try and make it work.

I remember when @FinfanInBuffalo was arguing with me in the offseason that Tua was better than Lamar and would make more money than him after the season. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Yup it’s wild how much people don’t understand this game.

It’s a team game, fix the oline and for the love of god keep guys healthy. Twice we’ve limped into the playoffs, once without Tua and this year without half the team.

Fix the oline, keep guys healthy and please give up playcalling McDaniel, which in my opinion has caused such a regression on offense. If those three can happen it’s a whole different team.
We agree for the most part, but I would say the regression started and ended with Eichenberg at center. He is on skates anytime a DT wants to push the pocket.

I don’t recall the numbers, but someone on twitter sliced ppg, ypg by games with C Williams and games without him. The difference was stark.

I say draft a starting center who can anchor AND provide reliable shotgun snaps in round two.

I consider a franchise QB someone who can carry a team to wins when all else fails. Dan Marino was good at that because they had no defense or running game for most of his career. That's why he was a franchise QB. I don't believe Tua is capable of that.

I mean Ravens, lions,bears all games Tua carried where defense sucked, chargers this year. To say he hasn’t or can’t is a lie. Did he do it as much as we’d like this year, no however this isn’t a really fair comparison as in order to take over games with your arm you need a great to decent oline something Marino always had. Tua’s on the other was historically one of the worst graded lines since pff started grading in early 2000’s to start his career. Last year was not very good and this year the constant injuries made them bad. Josh Allen had all 5 of his starting linemen the entire your btw.

I mean Ravens, lions,bears all games Tua carried where defense sucked, chargers this year. To say he hasn’t or can’t is a lie. Did he do it as much as we’d like this year, no however this isn’t a really fair comparison as in order to take over games with your arm you need a great to decent oline something Marino always had. Tua’s on the other was historically one of the worst graded lines since pff started grading in early 2000’s to start his career. Last year was not very good and this year the constant injuries made them bad. Josh Allen had all 5 of his starting linemen the entire your btw.
Ya he has done it against teams that aren't that good. The problem is when he has pressure on him to perform like in the regular season finale against the Bills to win the division title he seems to always come up short. Sure he can have great stats against some teams but when the rubber meets the road he fails.

We agree for the most part, but I would say the regression started and ended with Eichenberg at center. He is on skates anytime a DT wants to push the pocket.

I don’t recall the numbers, but someone on twitter sliced ppg, ypg by games with C Williams and games without him. The difference was stark.

I say draft a starting center who can anchor AND provide reliable shotgun snaps in round two.

Don’t have that one but here’s my favorite. It’s no coincidence our best offensive performance was the denver game. The one game our entire line played.

Issue with letting Williams go is he’s extremely athletic. We trade risks of bad snaps for his athletic ability on pulling runs. Not sure if there’s a center available that has similar ability although would improve the snapping issues aspect.
IMG_7449.jpeg

Don’t have that one but here’s my favorite. It’s no coincidence our best offensive performance was the denver game. The one game our entire line played.

Issue with letting Williams go is he’s extremely athletic. We trade risks of bad snaps for his athletic ability on pulling runs. Not sure if there’s a center available that has similar ability although would improve the snapping issues aspect.
View attachment 158948
I would rather keep Williams than pay Hunt. But this would be hoping we draft a center to start. Let Williams be the backup.

Back
Top Bottom