Tua Contract Negotiations Start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

I am bracing for the sticker shock.

Tua is a very good QB but he is going to get paid like a great one.

That is just how the NFL works with QB's now but I am hoping Miami get get him to accept a reasonable deal.

Honestly, What can you really do here?

The market is what the market is!

If you're a ""good" QB in this league you're going to get paid.

It's hard to be a "good" QB in the NFL.

Plus Tua is young and has gotten better every season.

Honestly, What can you really do here?

The market is what the market is!

If you're a ""good" QB in this league you're going to get paid.

It's hard to be a "good" QB in the NFL.

Plus Tua is young and has gotten better every season.
Yeah, look at what a Daniel Jones got paid....

How much more do you think Tua is worth?

Yeah, look at what a Daniel Jones got paid....

How much more do you think Tua is worth?
i dont understand the notion of using bad deals to justify what tua should get paid. could also easily reply to that point and say "what a huge mistake that turned out to be for the giants." i think there are certain good arguments for giving tua the bag, but this aint one of em. my 2 cents

To me, it starts with Tua. But I'd also love for the team to lock up some young talent, like Waddle, Phillips and maybe Holland.

In today's NFL, it's par for the course to lose talent. But I think Miami can do better with home grown guys.

Seems odd to me. I would assume they have been talking all offseason, quietly in the background. Hard for me to believe they just went from zero to 100 on this
That's usually how it works. You will have people in your finance dept working on multiple variations, but you're not having deep discussions with the other side all along. At most you have a preliminary discussion where you set a date when proposals will be exchanged. That date is usually either during the first FA period or after the draft. And that date often depends on the team's cap situation. If they need the money a restructure will free up for certain FA targets then they push for it sooner. If not then they usually prefer to focus on FA and the draft.

Usually, you don't even exchange proposals. The team draws up an offer then the agent reviews that and marks it up with what he agrees and doesn't agree with. The next meeting is where there are longer discussions on each provision. If the agent and the team have a good relationship then most of the provisions are known so you're only discussing a few parameters. My guess is that they know the general parameters so that's why everyone is confident it wil get done soon.

Kirk Cousins... 45m/year.

This is the absolute lowest that an established QB can go.

Kirk is older and has always been good, not great... and he had ZERO trouble finding a suitor, and signing a quick contract.

If you don't like what Tua is going to get, you are just denying reality.

Go yell at the clouds.

i dont understand the notion of using bad deals to justify what tua should get paid. could also easily reply to that point and say "what a huge mistake that turned out to be for the giants." i think there are certain good arguments for giving tua the bag, but this aint one of em. my 2 cents
Its not a justification, its an indicator of the market. If a barely starter-level dude can get what he did, that shows you the value of a franchise QB in today's cap hit. Unless Tua feels very generous and feeling like giving a hometown discount to allow others to eat, he's getting at least 52M annual. Mahomes busted the market wide open, and it doesn't go down. Reigning passing yards leader? Ya...$$$$.

Back
Top Bottom