Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

5/500 let’s go.

This place is going to erupt regardless once the final numbers are revealed. Popcorn is ready.
Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

Honestly, What can you really do here?

The market is what the market is!

If you're a ""good" QB in this league you're going to get paid.

It's hard to be a "good" QB in the NFL.

Plus Tua is young and has gotten better every season.
I know they have to do it I am yet to acclimatize myself to the way QB's get paid.

The Cap goes up and the next QB in line gets overpaid.Daniel Jones was the sign of things to come and this is the NFL.

Minnesota is learning that truly GREAT WR's get paid more than QB's from 5 years ago.

Whatever Tua gets in 3 years it will look reasonable or even a bargain assuming he keeps playing like he did last year.

Kirk Cousins... 45m/year.

This is the absolute lowest that an established QB can go.

Kirk is older and has always been good, not great... and he had ZERO trouble finding a suitor, and signing a quick contract.

If you don't like what Tua is going to get, you are just denying reality.

Go yell at the clouds.
I know it is the reality of the situation i am just taking my time accepting it. ;)

The key is not the number but the % of the Salary Cap it will be.

The Fins need to keep that number in a workable range.

He's getting 55. I just hope he doesn't get greedy. I'd also like to not see astronomical cap hits down the line just so the first year or 2 are more affordable.

Kirk Cousins... 45m/year.

This is the absolute lowest that an established QB can go.

Kirk is older and has always been good, not great... and he had ZERO trouble finding a suitor, and signing a quick contract.

If you don't like what Tua is going to get, you are just denying reality.

Go yell at the clouds.
What is established about Tua. Baby deer in the headlights whenever there’s any pressure ain’t worth ****. We ready to have a daniel jones type QB as our franchise guy?

I am bracing for the sticker shock.

Tua is a very good QB but he is going to get paid like a great one.

That is just how the NFL works with QB's now but I am hoping Miami get get him to accept a reasonable deal.
And if he stays healthy his deal will be an absolute steal a few years from now. Cap is going to the moon, especially once they add an 18th game in the near future (plenty of rumblings this will get done before the CBA expires). You add an extra game to this year's cap and you're looking at an additional $14 million based on '24 numbers. Brandon Shore and Grier will make this as team friendly as possible. And please, somebody, tell me whom Jeremy Fowler is connected to within the organization that told him "negotiations have begun in earnest". He's regurgitating what Grier said in his presser recently about starting/and or resuming negotiations with players who need new deals and making it seem like he knows something. Frigging circle jerk city. "The ball has been rolling" for eons at this point.

Tua not that guy. That narrative will continue until he can prove he can not only win without Tyreek Hill but also prove he can win that elusive playoff game us fans have been starving for

What is established about Tua. Baby deer in the headlights whenever there’s any pressure ain’t worth ****. We ready to have a daniel jones type QB as our franchise guy?
This contract signing of Tua will be glorious to watch on here.

Yea Tua equals Daniel Jones. 🙄

And if he stays healthy his deal will be an absolute steal a few years from now. Cap is going to the moon, especially once they add an 18th game in the near future (plenty of rumblings this will get done before the CBA expires). You add an extra game to this year's cap and you're looking at an additional $14 million based on '24 numbers. Brandon Shore and Grier will make this as team friendly as possible. And please, somebody, tell me whom Jeremy Fowler is connected to within the organization that told him "negotiations have begun in earnest". He's regurgitating what Grier said in his presser recently about starting/and or resuming negotiations with players who need new deals and making it seem like he knows something. Frigging circle jerk city. "The ball has been rolling" for eons at this point.
The biggest question out there.

Back
Top Bottom