Tua Disrespect has jumped the shark | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Disrespect has jumped the shark

Skippy Bayless' voice has always reminded me of Mr Garrison's voice on South Park. lol
You know who is annoying and that says a lot because I find Cowherd annoying, Stephen A smith annoying as he just doesn't know how to talk like a normal person without shouting lol. But Nick Wright who shows up on Cowhers show or another fox sports one. His takes are often not good, can be pretentious, but most of all. He has this like high pitched, almost whiney sounding voice and almost sounds like it cracks when he gets emotional which raises his voice more lol

If Bayless can admit he's wrong, anyone can.

But most do what Cowherd is doing. "I was kinda wrong, BUT....." He's backed off Tua a tad, but still prefaces with the dismissive "he can win you games BUT..." nonsense.

Last I checked winning games is the #1 thing that matters. While Tua doesn't win games by himself (no QB does), he surely is helping the Dolphins a lot more in that regard than many others.
It made me think, I wonder if Joe montana is glad he was qb in the 80s and there wasn't internet and social media then as well as podcasts. Yes, winning fixes a lot, but I'm thinking what kind of scrutiny Montana would have had if he was playing now before he won a superbowl. It's the reason he was a 3rd rd pick because of his size I believe. But there wasn't social media nor internet, so there was no bombardment on his limitations or outward because not the outlets like now. Obviously I'm not saying Tua would ever be anything like Joe cool. But I'm just thinking of all the critical things coming at him despite his winning.

The biggest trait that made Joe great was his intangibles, he was mr clutch and a winner. He had the physical talent needed to be a great qb, but his physical talents were not eye popping. I keep hearing the critiques of Tua's size. Tua's priobably actually 6'0 not 6'1. but I'm not sure montana was 6'2 and probably an inch shorter. When I watched montana play he didn't seem exactly tall for a qb either. Then we talk about frame. I don't know about you, Tua's not a "big dude" but Tua to me, seems to have more muscle build than Joe. Joe actually looked pretty skinny and scrawny for a qb. PRobably why he was a 3rd rd pick. I think players used to joke about Joe having "chicken legs". The west coast offense didn't need bomb passes either. Joe had an adequate arm, but I'd say it was pretty average. Tua more likely actually has a stronger throwing arm. Joe montana would have probably been nitpicked for his lack of eye popping physical status and traits despite being one of the most winning qbs of all time until Brady took over

Last edited:
Simms was one of the worst QB’s to ever start in the NFL. So anything he has to say about any QB in the NFL is totally irrelevant, IMO. He only has a job reporting on football because of his Daddy and certainly not because of his skill at playing in the NFL.

When it comes to Tua, I listen to former QB’s like Peyton Manning who actually was a great NFL QB. Not a bust like Simms.
exactly, i'd like to think Peyton and Marino have a pretty good idea.

Starts at 8:50, (8:40 if you want to hear Chris Simms rage about Tua as Im sure most of yall have already heard it)
16:30 They make fun of Chris SImms lol

Chris Broussard & Rob Parker make good points why Tua hate has gotten ridiculous and owned Chris Simms hot take
Chris Simms Analyst Skills are comparable to his playing skills.....THEY SUCK!!!! The guy is an ASSCLOWN!!!

That's not what diatribe is sir
Really,,, because his response is pretty close to this. A diatribe is often used in the dialogue of a fiery protagonist or antagonist in literature to show passion for a certain topic. Which had nothing to do with my response to the other poster. I’m open to suggestions of what word you’d like for me to use

Really,,, because his response is pretty close to this. A diatribe is often used in the dialogue of a fiery protagonist or antagonist in literature to show passion for a certain topic. Which had nothing to do with my response to the other poster. I’m open to suggestions of what word you’d like for me to use
a response....

You’re taking offense to a comment that wasn’t directed at you but towards a general narrative. I was correcting your smooth brained notion that fans wore tank for Tua as a badge of honor.

To be fair, I think the media is coming around. That happens when you complete close to 80 percent of your passes over a four-game stretch.

But the criticism of Tua is odd, considering he's a second year quarterback, who is playing extremely well considering what he has to work with.

Quarterback is a dependent position. Is there any successful quarterback that didn't have talent around him? I know teams have won super bowls largely on the play of their defense.

I love what I'm seeing with Tua. High football IQ, that spidey escapability, elite touch. I think Miami can win big with that skill set at quarterback.

DishonestIndolentHoneybee-max-1mb.gif

Back
Top Bottom