Tua has a NFL record ( may be) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has a NFL record ( may be)

Kyler Murray holds the NFL record for consecutive passes by a rookie without an int at 211. Tua needs 75 more passes to claim the record. Murray's streak included a 5 game non-int stretch. Tua needs 41 more pass attempt to tie Dak Prescott's record for most consecutive passes by a rookie before their first int.
This could be a short thread. Mod, feel free to lock it.

If you don't count the old timer nfl which qb only passes ten fifteen times a game, Tua owns the nfl record for rookie qb starting at least five games without an INT.
Well may be not, I can't find any stats like this....lol. But i feel thats got to be a record.
Records mean little when the NFL has intentionally made passing easier by rule...I no longer pay attention to them!

Records mean little when the NFL has intentionally made passing easier by rule...I no longer pay attention to them!
Records are mostly meaningless.
Comparing eras is almost impossible.
And sometimes... like in this one... it is happening by accident.

Records are mostly meaningless.
Comparing eras is almost impossible.
And sometimes... like in this one... it is happening by accident.
I would pay a huge price to see Marino throw in this era. With these rules and his accuracy! Most records are meaningless now, except field goal kicking and 17-0....perfectville still only has one resident!

While true, Tua has thrown several INTs and balls that should have been INTs, only to be bailed out by penalties or drops.

It's a fun stat, but like many stats, it doesn't really reveal truth. He's been a bit scattershot and has made some poor reads... I'm glad he is improving, just don't get tied up in the idea that he deserves a record like this. He doesn't; he hasn't played all that well.

speaking of fun stats, "almost interceptions" is up there

While true, Tua has thrown several INTs and balls that should have been INTs, only to be bailed out by penalties or drops.

It's a fun stat, but like many stats, it doesn't really reveal truth. He's been a bit scattershot and has made some poor reads... I'm glad he is improving, just don't get tied up in the idea that he deserves a record like this. He doesn't; he hasn't played all that well.
Every single QB since time began has almost interceptions but somehow it only applies to Tua on this forum.

Last edited:

Oh well too bad the NFL doesn't keep track of ALMOST int's. In 5 years when you look at Tua's career stats there will be no mention of almost int's so hopefully you start writing them all down in your journal so you can tell the rest of us how many interceptions he almost threw in 5 years.

BTW Brady once held the record for most throws without an interception with 358 now without looking at all 358 throws I'm 100% positive that there was an almost interception in there on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
You literally can't. I made a post on Sunday about some of our "fanbase" that are counting his almost interceptions. I assume you would be one of them then. Problem is, there is no statline with almost intercepted or almost completed or almost fumbled. So keep on keeping on with that nonsense.
To be fair, he can "literally" do whatever he wants, within forum rules.

Last edited:
speaking of fun stats, "almost interceptions" is up there
I'm not finding it all that much "fun".

It's not only a ridiculous arguement on its face, it's even more absurd to use it when trying to make a point, valid or otherwise.

Oh are we in a world now where when a CB drags a WR to the ground and then catches an "interception" as the only man standing because of it, we're saying Tua got lucky?

There's literally a reason why the flag was thrown in the first place.

The great thing about tua is that he hasnt reached his potential yet. He is rookie and the sky is the limit when he gets to play with a couple deep threats and a rb that can domiate the game. Just watch. Go phins

Back
Top Bottom